1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Guess who is NEVER questioned?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Jan 20, 2018.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah cause chris carter knows what it takes to win a super bowl. Lets see if the jags can beat the pats and then we will see if the genius still looks like one.

By the way, offense didnt loses the game. I say we were 13-3 in spite of an average defense with shazier

2. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    True but way to many close games. We barely beat browns in week 1. Thats a joke. We lost to bears when they were horrible. That was all on offense

3. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think you’re right in several ways, but the question is who would you hire to make it better? Bellicheat will never be an option the Rooneys will consider. Something smells with that organization, i.e deflategate and spy gate. Yes they win, but when something smells it’s usually garbage. They’ve been caught cheating twice which makes you wonder how many times they cheated without getting caught. The Rooneys aren’t going there even if he becomes available. I struggle to think of another NFL coach who has the consistency everyone here is looking for other than Belicheat.....correct me if I’m wrong. Is he consistent because he’s a coaching genius or because he bends the rules at every turn? Tough to tell......

4. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016

Seriously " deflategate " come on now......... It was bellichik that was genius in beating bills in the sbl. That bills team was much better than giants. He knows what he is doing.... He has had 3 coordinators with Patriots that have had perfect SAT scores. They do it a little different over there. yes spy gate was totally cheating but they are not the only ones to do that.

5. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes, seriously. The Pats have shown a tendency toward doing things outside of the rules, including deflate gate. They definitely do things different over there, and they can keep it. Who else has been caught taping team walkthroughs? I didn’t realize “everyone” did that.

6. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    For years this stuff has been going on but maybe not to the extent of Patriots. They would not ever been caught if it was not for mangini and he also was a big culprit in this. Why do you think the lingo of play calling is so complicated and audibles. stealing plays and playbooks and stuff has been going on since the 60s it is just that the patriots took in to whole new level using actual CIA spy ****........

7. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    They beat the Vikings in the 2nd game of the season with a QB that wasn't supposed to play and they played conservative. They also had a boat leoad of penalties that game as well. The Ravens game was a joe as well, at that point of the season the Ravens weren't even getting 200 yards of offense per game as half their offense was injured. The 2nd game against the Ravens, at home yet, didn't look like that did it?

Take a look at that schedule and go back and look at the offensive ranks of each team. After you do that, then ask yourself that when the offense started playing better, why couldn't the defense make a better game of it? The truth of the matter is the team hasn't played as a team for quite some time, sure there are flashes but then it reverts back to the same old thing.

This is where the FO has to be questioned, are they seeing the same product on the field as we are? Do they know something we don't? And how much are they willing to put up with when we consistently have discipline problems year in and year out with our current coaching staff? I honestly believe the Rooneys want to be known for continuity, if not then why not step in and at least apply pressure to get some changes made?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    OP thinks the Steelers should be run like the Cowboys :facepalm:, he apparently wants a owner who blabs to the media after every game like Jerry Jones. Jones even has his own radio show :shrug:.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    you have a choice.
    If you don't like the product stop buying it.
    When they changed the body style on your favorite car did you stop buying that model?
    This is what the Steelers are doing. Either deal with it or do something different.
    Holding your breath till you get your way isn't going to work with them.

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I think between the coaches and players there are plenty of people to blame. Other than maybe the Haley decision, what other things have the Rooneys forced on Colbert and Tomlin? Because I have no idea and I'm sure a lot of fans don't either.
    I bet Porter isn't a fan favorite in the Rooney household with his behavior but he still has a job. If Art wanted to micromanage, that would be a good starting point, but we haven't seen any changes there.

11. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Thank you for that, I just let my breath out...... :smiley1: