1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jags just a terrible matchup

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jan 18, 2018.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    All this crap I heard about Jax having no offense before the game

Red zone scoring:
    Jax 1st with 67%
    Ppg Jax 5th
    Ypg Jax 5th
    Rush ypg 1st

Jax 2nd in takeaways

Pittsburgh was 31st in red zone defense this year only Cleveland was worse. 65% conversion.

Pit was 5th last year

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers were 5th last year in red zone D?!?!? WTF? With Cockrell and Jarvis Jones.... whodathunkit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Well that means the Steelers weren't the best team this season, not by a long shot.
    Therefore they don't belong in the Super Bowl.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Before the matchup I kept hearing Jax only scored 10 pffft we will crush them. I kept shaking my head lol.

It’s fine though, we need a ton of work on the D side. Not sure what will fix it

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's gonna take more than 1 season to fix. Hopefully next year... Steelers D can get back to at least average on 3rd down stops.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just looked at Jags schedule.
    Titans beat them twice.

7. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    If you cant stop the run, you cant win. Fournette owns them.
    Play action killed the Steelers again .
    Thats why Steelers cant beat Brady either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Division games go out the window. Miami beats New England, we have lost to raisins and swept by them multiple times

9. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    The Steelers' brass needs to evaluate the window they have left and their strategy moving forward to improve this team. I know they have been doing things a certain way for a long time but they may need to buck the norm for certain situations like we have now. You realistically only have 2-3 years tops with Ben before your window closes and you are back in rebuild. We may only have Bell for one more year. AB may be disgruntled as he eclipses 30 and doesn't have a top QB throwing him passes and doesn't have a ring. The O-line will start to get to pricy to keep intact and without hitting on lineman in the draft will regress.

The Steelers have always been a build from within team. I just feel that they should make a splash on free agents to improve the team, within financial reason. The defense should not be as bad as it is as we dedicated a ton of draft value to it, it's just been too many busts. I think 6 of the last 8 1st round picks were defense, with only Heyward, Shazier, and possibly Watt being anything extraordinary. I know we pick later normally but you have to hit more consistently on your top pick, and much of our success is due to later round gems carrying the team. I just feel that the secondary has been a huge weakness in our draft talent analysis as well as olb, so maybe they need to look at bringing in proven commodities for a 2-3 year run and dedicate draft picks to position depth and deficiencies coming up. Hayden was a great pickup but we need a solid 2nd cb and safeties. We need a second pass rusher to take attention off Watt, and most likely Shazier's replacement at mlb.

I know the cap is tight but they can free up space and fill whatever they can for a short run at a title.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The offense got the ball twice in the 2nd half with an opportunity to tie the game and they couldn't. They had back-to-back possessions in which Jags didn't score and they couldn't tie the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
  12. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wait, I thought stats didnt matter :lolol: