1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Still hurts so bad............

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by slickster10, Jan 15, 2018.

1. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    He's just another chump that hides behind his key board.

2. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    Good to hear from you again Diamond, I remember posting with you back in 2006-2007, around the time Tomlin came to the Steelers! Happy New Year!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Yeah that was back on the old steeler board where we had WARS, who can forget those battles over Stewart and other players, what was your board handle then, was it the same as now, my recall isnt as sharp as it used to be? A Happy new one to you as well bro..............

• Like Like x 1
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This was the only game that I cried after it was over.

The reality was after the Jags game was over it didn't surprise me. It always baffles me how this team can come out flat and uninspired. And not just this game.

The board does supply some relief but then you have to get on with your life's work.

Personally I can't wait to see what this brain trust (or lack of) does to make changes. Sure need them on the defensive side.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MIke

MIke Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I'm still upset... I feel like the Patriots were all the Steelers were thinking about and look what happened... its like losing to them again somehow... Bellichick and Brady need to retire or Tomlin has to go.. This cant keep happening !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Just take it as a joke.
    Don't let other people dictate your attitude.
    (Other than the Steelers.)

7. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    It was the same.

8. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    First I was pissed then Ben got rolling and I was thinking yeah we can do this. Then I realized how bad the defense was playing and when the Jags threw the TD to the fullback and our defense got faked out of their jock straps , all I could do was tip my hat and start thinking of next year. Life goes on.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Imagine how Colts fans felt in January '06 when the underdog Steelers rolled in and whooped them in the divisional round. The '05 Colts were the best team of the 00's decade... better than '07 Patriots, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  10. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    You are entitled to your option but you would be in the minority on that one. 2007 Pats are widely considered one of the best teams ever and certainly the best not to win a superbowl.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I’ve been bleeding black and gold for several decades and can only offer one bit of advice. Don’t let thins you have absolutely no control over affect your personal life/ mood whatever you want to call it. Life is too short to be sweating a football game like that.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I cried for days and I still can’t sleep. Broke 2 toes already kicking my wall cause I’m so mad. I don’t care I’m so furious I haven’t gone to work. I’ve been staring at my tomlin poster in my ceiling shedding tears and asking “why”? Why did you do this to me? I then look at my cowher poster and just smile and know everything will be ok.

I’ve already booked therapy, almost crashed because I haven’t slept in 4 days. I’ve burned all my steelers jerseys as well. I’m disgusted with this team but I know I’ll be happy again next year. Been contemplating life these past 3 years that they have wasted the post season. Hope I live long enough for number 7 because I’ve been on edge

• Like Like x 1
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

You really should use a green font.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    That’s implying I’m being sarcastic

• Like Like x 1
  15. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Here's my advice. I get over this loss knowing that Shazier is going to walk again. When I heard he regained feeling in his legs I was ecstatic. I didn't care if the Steelers won this year as long as Ryan did not end up in a wheelchair. It does sting, but it's just a game after all.

• Like Like x 3
  16. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    WOW! Man........from reading how you feel or felt...........I'm feeling a lot better all of a sudden . Thanks!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Glad I could cheer someone up lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    The writing was on the wall. The defense has sucked since the Bears game. I was pissed off for a few hours, but I knew the Steelers wouldn't do squat in the post season after the loss to the Patriots in week 15.

This loss didn't hurt nearly as bad as loss to Ravens in Jan '15, loss to Broncos in Jan '16 and loss to Patriots in Jan '17.

The window has shut. I'm one of the few who realize this. It's time to move on. Steelers are gonna have a few down seasons... but it's gonna be needed to get the caliber of talent needed for the 2020's.

Texans, Patriots and Jaguars will be the premium teams in the AFC. Maybe Raiders if Gruden can right the ship.

Steelers will be 8-8 or worse next year. At least they'll get a good draft pick in '19.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I agree for the most part. I just hope we win 1 more with Ben, even by luck. But yes we had our chances and blew it.

What's even funnier is the headlines im reading about brady being hurt.

Even funnier than that is what's left in the NFC LOL

hah Steelers choked another opportunity away

20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

If not then you really need a therapist. Or if you already have one then a new therapist.

21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers had everybody healthy... Ben, AB, JuJu, Bell, O-line and couldn't win a home playoff game because the crappy run defense. Steelers were lucky on the offensive side of the ball to have little to no injuries (McDonald and Gilbert were the only ones who were out for a significant time). Sorry... we won't have that good luck next year. Like I said... Steelers window is shut. The opportunities have been there for the past 4 years... but they were all squandered through poor coaching and lack of depth on the D side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    As I get older I see that it's really not that important. I was over it by Monday afternoon. Don't let your identity get wrapped up in a football team. They don't represent you. You do.

I used to get all bent up. The '94 Championship game was bad. But for me, nothing comes close to the '01 AFCCG. I was gutted. My hatred for Kordell grew three sizes that day. All around town the next day, nobody talked. My buddy and I finally started talking about it at lunch. Another friend walked up to join us, heard the conversation and said "Oh, you guys are talking about the game." He turned and walked away, looking more defeated than I'd ever seen a person. lol