1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

East-West Shrine Game

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Jan 17, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    http://www.shrinegame.com/

For anyone that is intrested all the info in the link. Feel frre to talk about who you like before and after the game. Some guys I have read about and are interested in watching are:

West Team: Chunn(rb), Lawler(de), Scales (lb), Igwebuike (S)

East Team : All 3 QB's, Edmonds (rb), Serigne (te), Fatukasi (dt), Worley (ILB), Cabinda (ILB), Bennett (ILB), Flowes, Webb & Marshall (S)

As you can see I feel the East is loaded with many guys to watch. I am no expert and don't watch much college ball so these are guys that I have read or heard about. This should be a fun game to watch, and with Ben saying he is coming back QB isn't as big of a need but this class is loaded and this game has some good ones.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    cory helms OG/C east team #51. all the safeties. all the LB'ers. all the CB's. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Safety Dane Cruikshank on the West roster may be a guy to watch. Played CB then switched to safety. Would be a mid rounder and hopefully a double dip for safety come draft time. Would be a good back up/push for Sean Davis imo.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Most guys in this game are mid rounders that's why I like it so much, everyone know about the big names but catch a guy or two here man that is great. Each year there are a guy or two that may go higher...Fabian Moreua(sp) was a guy last year but injury hurt him. This year there could be a few that go high. jmo

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like your thinking Turtle, those old NE ohio people know their football :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Doesn't mean anything. Walter is usually really on the ball with some teams, and really behind the ball with others. We're the latter. If you hang around here at draft time, player meetings are usually posted here a week or two before they make Walter.

9. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Any thoughts on the game so far? I' just tuning in. Missed most of the 1st quarter.

Just saw the JT Barrett fumble that led to a TD.

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Yes yes we do.:cool:

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Walter is usually on when it comes to meetings they are off on a lot of other stuff. For some reason every year the Steelers don't meet with a lot of prospects here, I know this was a topic last year. I will try to hang around during draft time....:facepalm:

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I was out all yesterday I recorded it hoping to throw in on in a few

13. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I hear ya Mac, I read Turtle had mentioned he grew up in Lake County What county are you in?

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Be
    Belmont. I was just messing with you. You are right though about Eastern Ohio and Western PA. :cool:

15. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I know Mac, I love your passion for the game. I don't keep up with things like I use

too and I like hearing other people's perspective of football. I like to talk football.

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Just got done watching and here are gome guys that impressed me enough to want to see more:

Cabinda(penn st) LB East.....right off the bat he took on 2 blockers and I watched him dropp into deep coverage. Very important for us to have a guy like that.

Worley(ohio st) LB East.......up and down game, got a questionable late hit call, missed an INT late in the game showed questionable decision making and guessed wrong some times. Did show enough to make me want to look more into him might not be a 3rd round project.

Fatukasi(uconn) DT East.....showed some push like his penetration, did jump off but liked what I saw.

Maddox(pitt) CB East......had a pretty good game did give up a TD but was right with the WR, was a good catch good throw.

Street(nc st) DE East.......super fast first step

Thomas(miami) DE East........had a nice game

Igwebuike(northwestern) S West.......Lined up on WR made a few plays, play at the end of the game wasn't shown very well but he defended it.

Scales(indiana) LB West......Made a nice play in coverage early on where a WR came across the middle and he picked him up making the play. He looked a little slow, he stepped up to fill the hole and was trucked. Over all he showed enough for more looks.

Jamerson(wisconsin) S West...........68 yd fumble return was his highlight but when around the ball things like this will happen.

DT's Hall(sam Houston st) and Nichols(delaware) both had nice games showing pressure.

Frazier(missouri) DE West..........Made plays has Steeler all over him, the low key kind of style...Keisel/Smith like.

Dunbar(houston) WR West.....heck of a catch on the TD.

Fountain(n. Iowa) WR East.......Good game special teams player as well.

Some guy I was not impressed with was

WR Hamilton Penn st...easy drops
    OT Crabtree Oak St....looked like a turnstyle.

Some RB's were ok but wasn't really looking there......one game don't make or break these a just some guys that stood out to me today....

• Like Like x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012