1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Limited Partners want Tomlin ousted

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    We have the most immature, undisciplined Steelers team ever assembled.. It starts with the coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    We all know that Tomlin is not going anywhere. All the calls for his head, all the criticism, cowturd, snoop, the media ect can be shut out. But, when you have individuals inside the organization criticizing, although only limited partners, Art II i'm sure has an ear. Changes need to be made, and the drama stops today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Some Steelers fans are just blind. How much more coaching mediocrity do you have to see before you realize this is the biggest problem. Take your rose colored glasses off people or hand in your fan card.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    and one of the most talented since the 70's

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Some of us, like myself, want a change at Head Coach... but we realize it's not going to happen. No need to waste negative energy on something that won't happen until Tomlin himself decides to hang it up.

It was like this for Cowher, too... after all of the AFC Championship losses.

7. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I assume they will keep Tomlin but force him to make changes to his coaching staff. But how long does a coach last after that happens to them? You’re basically cutting their legs out from under them. You are telling them we don’t like the way you’ve been doing things so fix it before we do. Has that ever worked? Seems like it’s just the step before they get fired themselves. It’s the writing on the wall.

8. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I would think Tomlin would be the one wanting to make staff changes on the defensive side. I really couldn’t care less what the limited partners think.
    If he’s not willing to because he doesn’t see the need then why would anyone, Tomlin included, reasonably expect better results?

9. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
  10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    That's very true, like hiring Haley through nepotism, and promising butler he would get the DC job, rooney shouldnt be blind to the wasted season we had because of poor coaching, having winning records dont mean S##T if your team flops in the 1st round of the playoffs getting out coached by mediocre teams and of course the patriots makes us look silly every time we play them, get some new coaches in here that can coach and dont hide our talent to lessor teams....

11. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Like I said. If this is true then the Rooneys truly don't care about winning championships.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I suspect the goal isn't to have Tomlin fired any time soon. It's to focus attention and force some changes.

14. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I was reading a Yahoo article and they are seriously thinking about firing Tomlin. Apparently a group of the Steelers' fan-owned limited equity partners plan to lobby owner Art Rooney into firing Tomlin. I don’t think he should be fired since I’ve had time to think about it. He needs to tighten things up though. So do you really think he should be fired and if so who’d replace him?

15. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Too bad there wasn't a thread already started, discussing Tonlin's future. :eek:

Just kidding.... Take a look around and you'll find many answers to your questions.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
  17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    It's old news and not going to happen.

18. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I just don’t get that. Haley is let go with all the points we score but Butler stays? I don’t understand their thinking. The defense as we all know got absolutely lit up and has been for years. I actually like Tomlin but think he’s lost the team in some ways. He absolutely needs to change the culture if anything is going to change.

19. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Inexcusable and unacceptable! I'm not on the FMTI bandwagon but this is a further indication to me that he's not the coach to get the Steelers to the next level. No good coach would accept the kind of ineptitude we've seen from the defense and the lack of development and/or regression of many of our top defensive draft picks. It's well documented that Tomlin and Porter are big pals outside the office so I'm sure that has factored in to the decision to retain him. I just cannot believe we're standing pat with the defensive coaches.

20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Steelers have an unusual problem. They have a coach who's never had a losing regular season yet consistently shows utter incompetence when it matters.

21. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I criticize MT for his flaws as a coach, but even I think it's too early (this off-season) to fire him. It has to start with the Coordinators and/or Assistants. But firing Haley over Butler? (I know, he wasn't technically fired, he just wasn't renewed. Same thing) Hmm.

Doesn't it seem odd to anyone else that a coach that has a pure defensive pedigree, such as MT, has built this (on paper) blistering offense, yet has allowed the D to disintegrate like a rusty Toyota sitting out behind the garage?

If any one thing is clear, his ability to judge the skills and hire/promote a DC is questionable at best.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They have also seen enough of his BS.