1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rockyriver2018, Jan 14, 2018.

1. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Belichick and Marrone weren't very good their first go around either...

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    john mitchell. pagano.:shrug: :cool:

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Apparently, you missed the first 15 games of the regular season. Does somebody want to catch rocketdog up?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You know how this world works. What have you done for me lately. Harrison had same situation.

5. islandsnow

islandsnow Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    2 weeks to prepare and we got this? Hate to say it but that’s why Belichick is the best

6. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah but we have a horrible defensive scheme. Offense isnt a problem. We scored 42 pts

7. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
  8. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Tongue in cheek response is Todd Haley. It does get him out of the OC position! :hehehe: This is an academic excercise since Tomlin is going no where as long as his teams finish 13-4 and the Rooney's own the Steelers.

OK seriously:
    David Shaw (Stanford Head Coach, 73-22 77%, 45 yrs old)
    • Has 9 years of NFL assistant coaching experience with Philadelphia Eagles, Oakland Raiders, and Baltimore Ravens
    • As as a player was coached by Dennis Green and Bill Walsh
    • Was a four year starter at Stanford as a WR
    • Coached for Jim Harbaugh as OC at Stanford and passing coordinator at University of San Diego
    • BA Sociology graduate; must be highly intelligent (If a Stanford athletic scholarship candidate has any C's, ACT's below 27, or any other unsatisfactory scores the coaches can't pursue that student as a recruit)

9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Nah... The 15-30 minutes or however long they felt comfy running the 1's in Cleveland wasn't gonna keep him in rhythm. 2 weeks 3 weeks 1 week it's all just a low hanging fruit point to make. We've all sweated the bye week with Ben and Tomlin and thrown around stats to back it up etc... Sitting Ben against Cleveland didn't cost them the game. The defense and idiot coaching did, just as much so as not being able to find the heart to match a team's energy that clearly wanted it more in their own house. But it's hard to sap the energy of an opponent feeling disrespected by dumb ****ing RB aspirations the day before a game and a dumb ****ing safety that decided to bump his gums outside of a locker room before the game!

A handful of individuals poorly coached up to a team first mentality is how I see it... And a staff unwilling to get in their asses over it!

10. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Mine too. Ban the OP. :club::club::nono:

11. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Why didn't he play yesterday, was he injured?

12. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
  13. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The title of this thread had me excited for a moment! Unfortunately, the Rooney's will probably let Tomlin stay for the rest of my life, but he isn't a good coach, and I don't think he ever really has been despite the talent he has had on his teams. This article discusses his numerous meltdowns yesterday, which are all too common for this man who is way more bark than bite.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...sing-minutes-of-wild-playoff-loss-to-jaguars/

14. bruce

bruce New Member

Dec 28, 2017
  15. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    His name is Ross Tucker, he's good.

16. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Hey, Mularkey is available again.

17. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yeah...I was jumping for joy for a second...then reality hit back in...damn it!:bitetongue:

18. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Get the local Greenfield boy back. Bet he would jump at it.

19. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You, sir, are in flagrant violation of the Rooney rule. You can't just talk to Cowher and then offer the job to Munchak. You've got to at least give a token interview to Carnell Lake or Joey Porter before you demand that the new head coach FIRE THEIR SORRY BUTTS!

20. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’d rather go 0-16 every year. Once a cheater always a cheater.....we don’t want any part of what he stands for.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I disagree he’s a terrible coach, but I think they might need a different voice in that locker room. I like Tomlin, but I think that’s all the players do to is like him and not listen to him. It seems he’s more interested in being cool with them then coaching them.

He’s suppose to be a defensive coach too, but wow is our defense horrific. I mean just garbage. How do you look forward to next year with this defense?

22. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    This isn't entirely true. Yes we scored alot of points and yes the defense could have won it if they just made a stop. You can also say if we don't come up with 2 terrible 4th down plays we win the game. Maybe that's on Tomlin though...and not the OC? The onside kick gaffe was all on tomlin. The bad clock management was also all on tomlin.

23. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Well it’s easy to when you have Brady and Belicheat. Although he does choke way to much. That onside kick was one of his worst calls as Steelers coach. He’ll never go anywhere but I kinda like him and think give him one more year. He does need to change his locker room tactics.

24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Tomlin has proven time and time again that he is extremely overrated as a HC. His game preparation to opposing teams strengths and weaknesses is completely non-existent. His in game management is baffling at best (especially yesterdays game). The clown circus that goes on during the season with most of his players is inexcusable. Really, the only thing that he can hang his hat on is regular season records and press conferences.

I can't believe how the great history of our defense is now the laughing stock of the league. How can we have the most sacks in the entire league but yet not even get close to putting any pressure on Blake Bortles?

I love the Steelers but seeing a team falling to pieces like this under his command is very disheartening.

Heads needed to roll today but nothing will be done for weeks if ever.

Haley will probably be gone due to his contract expiring. Butler will probably come back using the loss of Shazier as an excuse to support that decision. Porter and Lake will probably continue their Steelers legacy. Munchak will take an open HC position. Danny Smith will chew his gum on the sidelines next year while Toussaint returns KO's. Coach Cliche will have this team once again at 12-4 and another AFC North Championship and us fans will return year after year chasing that dangling carrot.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’ll bet you he’s on our sideline in 10 years.....maybe more that that.