1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rockyriver2018, Jan 14, 2018.

1. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It's disappointing loss. No need to go overboard and fire everybody. The Jags were the better team. Their defense made the plays our defense did not. Turnovers are usually the difference in games.

I understood the onside attempt at that point in the game. The issue was poor execution and the penalty that followed. The Steelers need play makers on the defensive side of the ball. They also need to do a better job of stopping the run. Giving up big plays also hurt the defense plenty this season. In regard to stopping the run I don't know if they need to employ a different scheme, play differently up front on the Dline, get better Dline players, or have an overall change in philosophy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Doug Marrone > Mike Tomlin

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    The defensive line was man handled today. It was embarrassing. Burns got burned again. Safeties suck also.

Add that to the mental mistakes by our coaching staff = embarrassing loss.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Is this the year we finally transition to a 4-3 defense? I hope so but that would require a big shift in philosophy.

I still like Butler but Tomlin needs to make his final print on his ideal defense. One can still make 3-4 formations in a 4-3 alignment.

Why this has just been implemented in seldom fashion is beyond me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well when Ben goes out and calls out a team saying he wants them he' gotta play smarter and take chances with his legs.

6. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Tomlin is a huge problem but most simply will not acknowledge it. Any solid coach wins this game easy for Pittsburgh. Yeah, his record is good. So is Mike McCarthy and Andy Reid and neither of them have come close to winning a big game in many years either. All three have lead some of the most embarrassing, inexcusable loses in playoff history.

He's not going anywhere, that's true, I'm not calling for his firing because it will not happen, but people who keep saying he's a good coach are dead wrong. He's a cheerleader, a poor game planner, and a terrible decision maker. You'll start to hear a lot more critics after another terrible effort. This team wins a championship this year with someone competent leading the way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Rawsteel73

Rawsteel73 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    not if u live there

8. Rawsteel73

Rawsteel73 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    so tomlin/ why not keith butler why not the F^%^&* PLAYERS ON THE FIELD?what defensive package was that Tomlin has said numerous times he lets his coords runs things so im sure tomiln approved going for it but not necessarily the play.now ben on the other hand recognize mr hall of fame qb and audible outta that bull.

9. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Unleash hell and fire the dude. The standard is the standard. He is not gonna change so the bum most go.

10. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    My favorite thread has finally come. :thumbs_up:

11. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Now you sound like Bradshaw and his cheerleader comment...funny, but sadly true. Unfortunately, we are stuck with this “head coach” for a while....and I think I’ll keep my board name in support of those that think the same thing. Cheers!

12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I'm not ready to fire Tomlin just yet. But I do think it's time to fire Keith Butler. This defense has not improved since Lebeau left. I realize Shazier is out. But other than that this was a healthy defense. No excuse for that performance. Time to bring in an experienced DC with a fresh take and a new scheme.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Tomlin was at his best when he had Arians and Lebeau. Having those two minimized Tomlins **** ups.

14. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Fully agree that Butler must go! Rex Ryan would be a great candidate!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    BFTs head would explode!!

16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yup already said the same thing

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What did Rex ever win? Except for the press conference with his big mouth :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ha!

19. TXSteelerFan69

TXSteelerFan69 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    I have defended Tomlin a lot, but there was no excuse for his decisions today. He has a headset. He knows what offensive calls and defensive calls are being called. He should have called a QB sneak on a couple of those 4th downs. I understand that Haley calls the plays, but as a head coach you have to override him sometimes. That onside kick with 2:18 left had me scratching my head trying to figure out what he was thinking. The only thing I can come up with is that he was not thinking. Maybe the cold froze his brain. Also, we do not have the LBs to play the 3-4 anymore. We have to change. There is too much talent on that team to play like we did today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The reality is: our season is over im looking fordward to 2018 Steelers Football. But on the much serious situation is Ryan Shazier's health, we'll being and recovery God Speed!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Just like dear old Dad! As HC at least

22. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Does he? I'm not so sure he even knows what the calls mean

23. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    [​IMG]

24. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Replace Lakes with Woodson
    Replace Butler with Fox
    Replace Porter/Olsavsky with...is it too late to get K.Greene??

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    13-3. I'm sure Mr. Rooney is handing him the pink slip right this second...

• Agree Agree x 1