1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rockyriver2018, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Rockyriver2018

Rockyriver2018 New Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Tomlin is a terrible coach. The talent he has on this team and he can't win a big game. Patriots and Jacksonville own Tomlin.. Terrible coach!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This was your first post?
    Yikes

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Tomlin can’t win playoff games . We consistently choke to inferior teams . Another season where we lose with more talent then our opponents. Easily the most talented team in the AFC, I’d argue the most in the nfl and we can’t win a single playoff game .

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I' not gonna fir Tomlin, but...

INDEFENSIBLE coaching.

The onside attempt before the 2 minute warning is Tomlin's worst coaching decision since he was hired.

Made absolutely no sense.

Absolutely no urgency on that last drive, knowing you need 2 scores.

The coaching staff quit with 3 minutes to go.

The Lebeau/Butler defensive scheme needs to go.

We no longer have the personnel to run a 3-4.

We threw this game away. Despite the 2 turnovers, this was our game to win and we threw it away.

:puking2:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Will never happen. Might as well go root for another team.

7. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Well, look at the bright side, we don't have to be embarrassed by NE next week.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Do you think we came out a little rusty? Another bad decision by MT for not playing Ben some in the Cleveland game. Like we said many times, Ben is a rhythm QB in passing, as seen in the second half, not playing for 3 weeks, cost us this game , along with some crappy defense against the run.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Except for the defense

10. Elizabeth Kelly

Elizabeth Kelly New Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Mike Tomlin is the biggest choke artist in the NFL. I live in NewHampshire and am a die hard Steelers fan. They laugh at Tomlin here, he is an absolute joke.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Have to fire coordinators first. Coaches get to deep six coordinators before the ax is wielded upon themselves

12. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    defence needed Harrison today.onside kick try bad call, both calls Tomlins calls! He has to go or forget any more SBs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Im usually a Tomlin defender, but I’m done. I agree. You gotta axe him and the OC. We don’t have a QB sneak in the playbook? Two miserable 4th and nothing play calls. Then the onside kick decision which just iced the game. We would’ve had the ball and 1:40 left with no timeouts. Maybe we score and maybe we don’t, but let the players decide the game at that point. The coaches decided that game and it’s embarrassing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. GatorStiller

GatorStiller Active Member

Nov 16, 2017
    Nice try laying this on Ben....try HEYWARD, TUITT, WILLIAMS, SPENCE, AND THAT 23 FELLOW.....AND THE STUPID DECISION TO TAKE THE ONSIDE KICK!!!!

15. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't want to fire Tomlin either, but he's got some soul searching to do.

A lot of bad decisions today that played into Jax. Why is Ben afraid to do a sneak???

The problem with Tomlin is his tenure is plagued with slow starts. Whether it's a shaky start to a season or taking an entire half of a game to start playing ball. It's frustrating.

16. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I wasn't saying Tomlin will get fired, cause he wont. I'm just saying come playoff time Tomlin is at his worst. Give him more time to prepare and the team consistently comes out unprepared. bye weeks or playoffs have always been a bad omen. Tomlin struggles to beat inferior opponents with regularity thats just a fact.

Last 8 years we've won 2 playoff games I think? 1 against the Bengals that we had no business winning...they actually had us beat and choked. And one against a bad Miami team. I think I'm missing one other but the failure is real?.
    Maybe not such a big deal if we didn't have a HOF QB who's still playing like one of the best if not the best QB in the NFL.

Wouldn't be shocked to see the d-coordinator fired. Along with serious personnel issues up the middle, we consistently see mental errors and little progress from players like Davis, Burns, Hargrove, etc. We desperately need a NT that can cover 2 gaps, an ILB to replace Shazier, and safeties that can do anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I'm so tired of the whole he's never had a losing season argument. I don't care! You don't win anything for the regular season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. stompin69

stompin69 Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Never gonna happen, not til Ben is done I think. Haley has to go, he has to be the worst to ever script plays! Yeah they scored points, but once Ben takes over they always do, the first fifteen plays that Haley designs are the dink dunk drag route, quick screen, bubble screen bull**** that he calls every game. I wouldn't waste more than 5 to 10 minutes of practice on it.

As far as the run D, wow they could improve accidentally in that department!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Bad bad bad coaching in this game. On side keep kick was the worst decision I seen mike make.

The defence really sucked today, i mean that’s an understatement. Watt, Heyward were no shows.

O sacks,
    O turnovers
    1 three and outs at home is a disgrace!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Steelers got punched in the mouth today.
    Steelers are soft.
    Coach is soft.

And his beard is small and was dirty.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    He'll end up getting fired once Ben is retired and no longer carrying this team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We put up 42 points on offense. This game is on the defense.

• Agree Agree x 5
  23. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Mike Tomlin is is the dumbest Mother F..... in Pittsburgh! Sad thing is he wont be fired!!

24. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Coordinators get the ax first learn the protocol lol

25. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    What are you talking about, I'm not laying this lose on Ben, I thought he started out slow and rusty, but played his a__ off the rest of the game. Our defense stunk to today, along with some stupid play calling and decision making by MT especially on the onside kick.

• Agree Agree x 1