1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Working on Sunday. Anyone have NFL game pass insight?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NickSteel, Jan 12, 2018.

1. NickSteel

NickSteel Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I'm going to miss the live broadcast, but am planning on burying my head in the sand until I get home and can watch it. I don't have a good option for recording the game, but was thinking about doing a free trial of NFL game pass for access to Rewind. Has anyone used this? How long after broadcast are the games usually available for viewing?

2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I’ve gotten GamePass this season and last. No problems with videos. Games stay available for a long time.

3. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    During the regular season, games weren't available until Tuesday. I'm not sure about the playoffs. Game Pass allows you to watch the full game, a condensed version, or an all-22 version that shows each play twice. You can choose individual plays as well.

4. NickSteel

Dec 4, 2011
    Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I should have said how soon after broadcast are they available? Since I'd like to watch it Sunday night. It's super lame if it takes that long. The website says Sunday games are usually up by 8 pm on Sunday. Can anyone else confirm that they aren't up until Tuesday?

5. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    During the regular season, Sunday afternoon games were available as of 8pm Eastern. I wasn’t paying attention in the postseason, to be honest, but I’d have to think they’d follow the same policy.

6. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Not sure if this is an option for you, but I used this app to record the Christmas day game on my laptop during dinner and play it back afterwards. There's a free 30 day trial and it's pretty easy to learn. The playback quality wasn't perfect, but it was good enough to watch.

https://www.techsmith.com/video-editor.html

Also, not sure where you live, but in Canada we don't have NFL Game Pass anymore, we have DAZN, an online streaming service that has the the rights to all NFL games. There's a $20 a month fee but you can cancel at any time.The game playback was available almost immediately after airing. It is available in a few different countries, so if you use a VPN you might be able to access it regardless of where you live.

7. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    I should mention that the “full game” was available first. The “condensed” version releases maybe 1-2 hours later, and the “all-22” takes another day or two.

8. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    It’s 10pm—the ATL-PHI game is available now (and the TEN-NE game is at halftime).

I think you’ll be good to go!

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    This. Every week the full game is available not long after the game airs. Coaches film is usually Tuesday (used to be Wednesday).

10. NickSteel

Dec 4, 2011
    Thanks for the replies all! Looking forward to watching us smoke the Jagoffs, just a little late! Haha

11. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    FUll and Condensed games are up!

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'd like to edit my previous comment and recommend avoiding Gamepass. Consider yourself lucky that you had to work. Don't put yourself through this.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Don't bother watching OP, it's torture :shrug:.