1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My gameplan for Jags game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Jan 9, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Running up the middle will be tough with the big DT's they have I do agree that their LB's are fast. The thing is if you spread them out their LB's won't just be playing the run. I agree 100% with Vance in the seam, I feel we are going to see a lot of this. I also would love to see the quick slants right behind the LB's. Quick passing and no huddle will make this D look average at best. jmo

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Stop the run, establish the run. Although it would be a great first play call on a nice long pass.

3. Iowasteelersfan784

Iowasteelersfan784 Active Member

Jan 6, 2018
    I think if we are going to win this game, its going to fall on the Offensive line of the Steelers. If they can make good run lanes for Bell and company and keep Big Ben clean from their pass rush to make accurate throws, we will win.

4. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I totally agree with this statement. Also, if Ben can stay patient and the RBs carry most of the load they will likely be heading to New England next week.

5. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    But let's not forget the errors in our past: Endlessly stacking the box and leaving WRs in single coverage cost us the game, emphatically, vs. Tebow. He lit us up deep all day, and we still didn't adjust, not even in OT, where Tebow needed just one play to light us up with a TD pass. Let's not revisist THAT. Mix it up a little.

6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Going in to the earlier game, during first four games:

JuJu had 8 catches for 102 yards 2td being active 3 of 4 games.
    Bryant had 10 catches, 183 yards, 1 td

This offense lacked identity. The last 4 games for each saw:
    JuJu 25 catches 349 yards, 2 tds
    Bryant 18 catches 187 yards 1 td

The play of these two have significantly improved. That contributes to a better offense. Ben has options for where to deliver the ball.

Had Ben not thrown any picks last time the outcome would’ve been different. Ball security and a gelling offense should prove to be a great difference this game.

7. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I agree. The ultimate goal is to make Bortles beat you with his arm. If he can do that no matter what coverage the Steelers install you have to pat him on the back and accept the outcome. Under no circumstance should the Steelers allow them to run the ball and if that takes stacking the box then so be it. Force Bortles to mentally feel the pressure of making the right reads and throws. I bet he can't due that consistently for a full 60 minutes with no mistakes.

8. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    My gameplan: make Blake Bortles beat you!

9. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Heavy run blitz ( stops Blake Chortles and Fournette from running) with man to man and single high safety. Not Mitchell though!!!

10. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Score more points than them anyway you can

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2