1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm sure we're all amused by the Raven's loss, but....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Formerscribe, Dec 31, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    No matter what the Jags still have Bortles and add to that the fact Ben is focused for this game that is enough for me. The last 2 games of the season(tenn & sf) Bortles had 2 td's and 5 int's, shut the run down and it is game over. It is a good thing the Jags have the Bills this week cause they wouldn't make it past any other playoff team.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I'm really not sure I get all this Jaxonville hype. Use all the stats you want but they finished the season 3-3 with 2 of those wins over the Colts and the Texans. The Bills finished the season 4-2 with both losses coming to the Patriots. Buffalo is also playing good defense. They don't get the love because they are not making the splash plays that Jax does. Shady is going to play in this game. He played all last year on a bum ankle and was still effective. It will not surprise me at all if they go down there and win.

That would leave us with a game against the Chiefs which to me is the least desirable matchup. The Chiefs finished out 4-0 and let's not forget that JH played a huge part in both of our last 2 wins over the Chiefs. JH plays in New England now.

All I'm saying is we shouldn't be worried about Jaxonville. We should be rooting for them to win.

3. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We were spanked by Miami in the regular season last year, and look what we did to them in the playoffs! I dont think facing the Jags is such a bad thing!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    So much for the ridiculous idea that the Steelers were better off with the Ravens losing. Now the Patriots are guaranteed an easy road to the AFC Championship game, facing either the Titans or the Bills.

Most likely, the Steelers are going to face a legitimate challenge from the Jaguars and the Patriots will crush the Titans. The best-case scenario is the Bills pull off a miracle and the Steelers get the Titans again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Pats still have to play the game and anything can happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Some of these guys really overthink this stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I mean guy hits a OL wrong he rolls up Brady and an easy road gets muddy quick.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They all still have to play the games, but the argument that the Steelers were better off with the Ravens losing last week is clearly wrong with the Chiefs' collapse today.

9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    We don't need anyone to beat the Pats for us. That is our job and we will do just that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    All you can do is play who's in front of you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Deep thoughts

12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Did someone make that argument? I may have missed it. Most posters seemed to just be saying they were happy the Ravens lost, not because of the implications of who plays who.

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I never wanted anyone to beat the Cheats for us that is all us in this SB run! I have said it before and I will keep saying it until we play them next week and that is I want the Jags. I think this is the best chance for us to make it all the way. Give Ben something to play for and a game vs the team he had his worst game against is a perfect start. After that bring on the Cheats!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Iowasteelersfan784

Iowasteelersfan784 Active Member

Jan 6, 2018
    I honestly don't care who we will play next weekend. Anyone can win, I mean look at the KC/Tenn game, most had KC winning that game at home and look at the outcome. If Ben gets his wish to face Jacksonville, so be it. But the most crucial thing is who ever we play, we need to take care of business with who ever we play and win that game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    What makes anyone think that if the ravens couldnt beat the bengals at home that they could beat NE on the road, fact is they couldnt beat NE this year and they proved it by losing to the bengals........

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I'm still happy that the crows were eliminated by the lowly bungles :lolol:

And for that win they gave Marvy a 2 year extension! A win win as I see it...

17. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Which team will leave the most casualties on the Pats offense after the game is over. The Bills or Titans?

I root for the Bills. But the Titans did take out Kelce quickly.. They are tough too.

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Is there any advantage to having the Titans and LeBeau playing the Cheats first? I would rather see the Cheats play Tenn than Buf........

19. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    For Buffalo it would be their third attempt.

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes I posted this before both losses 23-3 and 37-16*(another no catch overturn call) I don't think the Bills are a good match up for them would rather have them play Tenn!