1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers draft choice back with 'brother'

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CDN Steeler Nation, May 2, 2012.

1. CDN Steeler Nation

CDN Steeler Nation Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
  2. Emerald Steel

Emerald Steel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Good read, thanks.

Assuming he makes the roster, I'll be watching to see how Rainey and Pouncey's relationship plays out on the field.

3. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    A really good read, thanks!

Cajun-

4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    said Lisa Webster: "I told him I'd drive to Gainsville and beat him if he called her again"

It's great to read a story like this where there is a parent figure who is engaged and involved in the kid's life and working to teach them how to be responsible - and beat his behind when he messes up!

5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    To be honest, I really wanted the Steelers to make a draft move to grab Pouncy's brother. I think thats a big reason what the boys were hoping for and why they came out in seperate years. I think it wouls have benifited the organization not only on the field, but in contract atuff too. They would work with the team to remain together. Because the odds of them hitting in another team together are low. The difference in contract years would have worked in out favor also so they couldn't leave together

Then they still might have had their 3rd brother with us.

How did his brother do in Miami anyway, I don't remember paying attention...?

6. CDN Steeler Nation

May 1, 2012
    Had a half decent year everyone said Mike wasn't a natural center... he had a par average final year in college and a good showing his first season in Miami ... still imagine a castro,pouncey,pouncey,insert best 2 fits WOW but reality we got 1 brother an 1 sorta brother works for me excited to see the new line and excited to see a side to side player with top end speed

7. CDN Steeler Nation

May 1, 2012

Its nice to see this kind of stuff still exists outside of movies, i'm from Canada and everyone here in my community tries to help everyone and i've been through the US many times and I see alot of that in small communities but sadly its a dying thing in big cities in the USA and Canada