1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2015 Adams, Pouncey, Pouncey, Decastro, Gilbert????

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelHack, May 2, 2012.

1. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Maybe....both Pounceys are FA's in 2015..although I think Mike has an option year....but I think the Pouncey brothers want to play together again...Steelers have winning tradition and possible rings on the line....Dolphins are home in Florida...and no sales tax...maybe they are contending by then.......Does Maurkice head south...or does Mike head north? Do they ever want to play together again....or has the sibling rivalry kicked in and they want to be there own man?

Just throwing things out of conversation sake

HACK

2. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I like it. I say that Maurkice gets Mike to come north because the Steelers are such a great organization who should still be contending for super bowls. It would be great, four Gators on the O-line for the Steelers. I'm sure all of them would love that. Just think if and O-line had four starters on it from the same school and they won a super bowl. It would be history! Maurkice and Decastro future HOFamers!!!

3. Emerald Steel

Emerald Steel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    This has to happen. I remember reading about the brothers wanting to play together. Even in 2015 they'd all still be pretty young.

Any chance the Steelers would ever trade for Mike? Maybe if the Wallace contract situation doesn't work out we could swap Mikes. :cool:

4. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Even though the Steelers do not typically build through trades or Free Agency, I can honestly see them making an exception in a case like this. When Mike was up to be drafted last year, I made the point that the INTANGIBLES of having twin brothers side by side would make the tandem a formidable force on the line. I do not think that the Steelers would let someone like Markice go free. They have a history of keeping good, solid centers on their line. As an All-Pro, I don't see him going anywhere, so it would have to be the other way around. Even though Mike has not quite measured up to the performance of his brother, I think having them together may make them both better.

I'd love to see it - but I think it's a stretch to predict it as a highly probable thing to happen.

5. Colssteel

Colssteel Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    In the words of Glen Quagmire...Giggity. :)

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    if adams pan out we can trade colon for pouncey

7. HINES57

HINES57 New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I only count 3 gators in that line-up.

8. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I mentioned this on twitter in a conversation with Jim Wexell and Lance Williams (guy that has a Steelers podcast)... Wexell made a comment that it might not be a good thing to have all of Pouncey's buddies on the team, referring to drafting Chris Rainey. I thought, I'm sure there's a lot of reason they drafted Rainey, but could one of them be that he's such good buddies with the Pouncey brothers? Then there's Marcus Gilbert who played with both brothers at Florida, and I thought roomed with one of them at some point... I could be wrong there though.

I definitely think they want to play together, if you read anything about their relationship they were extremely close and this past couple years is the only times in their lives they haven't been on the same team together. I remember reading that Maurkice was really mad when Mike decided that he wanted to stay another year at Florida.

For this reason alone, I would lock up Pouncey well before he hits the open market.

9. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I've said all along, the pouncey twins WILL play together again in the NFL. And to help the team out, if I were Maurkice, I would tell my brother "look, get what you can from the steelers, and me and you will settle up in the offseason!" :cool:

10. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Please...2015 I'll be 45 yrs old. It's hard enough realizing I'm 42, I don't want to think about 45.

11. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    and if Adams keeps his nose clean, I'd be very confident saying that this would be one of the most dominating offensive lines of all time in the nfl!