1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Harrison NEVER Welcome Back

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Dec 27, 2017.

1. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Yeah wrong color to be living in Boston, alot of the locals in the shipping industry were slave owners and the very ones who transpored slaves aboard their shis from Africa.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I hope she gets fired!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    If memory serves me correctly, I believe if the Steelers win the SB Harrison will still get a ring because of the time he spent on the roster this year.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Slavery has been abolished for over 150 years. Doubt there's locals still alive from that era.
    Plus I have a feeling this type of talk isn't going to fly around here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I give him a ring after I run it over with a bull dozer and have my dog eat it and **** it out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Exactly what I think. In the big picture he might win a ring and got 75+K for playing the remainder of the season. Wonder how much money he makes with his clothing line and supplements. Highly doubt he will be seeing money from Steelers fans going forward and pats fans will not buy. This is a guy who has pitbulls and had a domestic abuse charge, so he may not be the brightest bulb

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I unfriended him on Facebook. That will show him. LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016

Harrison always reminded me of Animal Mother from Full Metal Jacket. "Better you than me" .... type of guy. (Which is not ok... just my impression of him over the years). So it's sad, but not surprising that he wouldn't visit Shazier in the hospital.

Most of us just ignored his flaws in the past; but this last act will cast all of his past actions in a different light. Earlier in the thread I said "Time heals all wounds". I took the initial move as a pure football decision by the Steelers. As more comes out and it makes him look worse and worse I'm not so sure time will heal this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    "In last season’s playoff game between the Steelers and Chiefs, Harrison recorded 2 sacks, 2 quarterback hits, 3 quarterback hurries, 1 forced fumble, 6 solo tackles, and 8 stops in the run game, per Pro Football Focus." OUCH and that doesn't include the holding call.

I know Watt is going to be good and can drop back in coverage, but that's the type of dominating performance needed in the post season.

11. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Odd. A few reports say those two are close and that Harrison even called Porter for advice before signing.

Lol. If I needed a lawyer, no way would that influence my decision.

[NSFW]
    Oh, the things that could be done to that ring before giving it to JH.
    [/NSFW]

12. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Will with all the reports from players coming out he wasn' a willing contributor and possibly a locker room cancer plus his not on the team anymore so no Ring!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Me to. unfollowed.. he is a one big douche if for no other reason then not going to see a fallen teammate. SHAME on JH

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    FE3D2386-964C-4C6A-BE12-D3BE7CB859BB.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    What's wrong with pitbulls? I know what's wrong with SOME owners but, the breed? You're probably more likely to be bitten by a collie.

16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I think he has to get one. Send it USPS with no ceremony or acknowledgement.

17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
  18. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    No need to debate over a dog. My bad. All dogs are created equal and you have the same likelihood to be killed from any dog

19. NotForLong

NotForLong New Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Steelers fans, meet James Harrison the mentor

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c.../steelers-fans-meet-james-harrison-the-mentor

"I think it's immeasurable." Tomlin said to media at the owner's meetings in regards to Harrison training with the younger linebackers. "I think James is coming to realize that he is playing alongside a generation of guys that grew up watching him, and for them to get an opportunity to get behind the curtain, if you will, and see how he puts it together, how he prepares, how he gets singularly focused and how he gets him physically and mentally ready to do it, and to do it alongside of him, I think it's really special."

20. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I read that too, but I'm going tell you something, if that jerkwad was sleeping and snoring in my position meeting and was essentially contributing to a negative environment, I'd be pissed off big time! That is freaking ridiculous that that was allowed to go on! Maybe that says something about Porter too.

21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    You never know what happened after. Maybe Porter ignored it the first time, let him have his strop, then picked it up with him when it happened again, then it got fed up to Tomlin the next time, etc. Or maybe that was just a one time thing but it was raised as an example. Who knows.

It does sound like badwordisson changed his attitude fairly dramatically this season though.

22. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What's your point? Harrison's actions speak louder than Tomlin's words!

23. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I posted this before all that other news came out. Hate that he was disruptive and disrespectful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I also get the sense that what Tomlin was saying then was the “ideal” they wanted out of JH. Dupree mentioned how he was *meant* to be doing the mentor stuff, but just didn’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah but he don't accept participation trophies....

What pisses me off the most is how all these disgruntled players...Moss,Blount and now Harrison go to the cheats and are on their best behavior like they are some sort of salvation. They don't have half the loyalty to their players like we do but these A holes go up their and act like choir boys. If they actually acted like men in their situation they wouldn't have to go running to NE where they will be used and kicked to the curb in a heart beat. Shoulda suspended Blount and now Harrison don't think the Blount debacle wasn't in the back of Harrison's mind or lack thereof.
    I believe both sides handled it terribly but instead of James acting like a man......he bitched out.