1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Harrison NEVER Welcome Back

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    or Black and Gold

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Steelers did the correct thing with a few of their own like Troy and Smith...

Coach Mike Tomlin showed what kind of respect the staff and players had for Smith when he refused to put him on injured reserve in 2010 after Smith's triceps muscle was torn in the sixth game of the season. He never played again that season but remained on the 53-man roster through the Super Bowl.

JH has been just as fantastic for Pitt. He spent his entire career having a lot of people crap on him and abandon him in a sense. We don’t win a Super Bowl without him. That Int was huge at the end of the half.....I could go on but you get the point. He just loves to play..does not want to end his career, and wants to prove people wrong again. Kinda pathetic but heroic in a way. He’ll always be one of my Steeler favorites.

• Like Like x 1
  3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    What annoys me far more than him signing with the Pats is him being a disruption while a member of the Steelers. I have no tolerance for that crap. Either do your job (even if it means keeping the bench warm) or ask to be released. Don't be a distraction to a team competing for the SB. I really don't care that he signed with the Pats, that's just the nature of sports these days

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I’ll never wear his jersey again. I put him right there with Woodson. I despise them both.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He wanted to keep playing. That's the bottom line. He loves football. It sucks he went to our rival but if he has a chance to play AND win, good for him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011

And it seems to be coming soon...

Opportunistic? Lame? Real? Who knows...

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Why? Because these guys want to keep playing? Especially Woodson? He had a lot left in the tank and the Steelers wanted to change positions and couldnt agree on a $ amount. He went to the 49ers after he left here. I doubt by the time he got to the Ravens that sticking it to the Steelers was his motivation.

8. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    And here, info is starting to flow:

9. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

First of all, who's fool enough to give James harrison a hard time if he stays in pa.????? That's the real suicide

Second: if fans are to hold a grudge, then they should hold it with Colbert and the coaching staff.... for all he's done for us as the team's all time sack leader.... mentoring the young lbers etc... he basically rides the pine every week, and is always inactive.... this is how you treat a man that has defined the defense for years...... and this is the 2nd time he's been unceremoniously dropped..... we regrettd it the first time... I'm sincerely hoping we don't regret it this 2nd time

• Like Like x 1
  10. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Damn. Is this a joke or was Harrison actually bad for chemistry?

11. uncblue012

Aug 11, 2017
  12. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. uncblue012

Aug 11, 2017
    Sounds like he wanted out more than it was he sucked and was cut lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    These aren't comparable. What do people not understand? Woodson went on to play for 7 more years. Harrison is going to our biggest rival for 2-3 games. This is pure spite not love of the game.

15. uncblue012

Aug 11, 2017
  16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I have read this mentoring stuff on here for years now and I've never once seen, read or heard anything that remotely describes Harrison as being a mentor in any capacity. People just assume the guy is a mentor because he's old and experienced. From what I've seen with my own eyes and from what I've read about the team, JH was never the mentor type. He did his job when on the field, but otherwise, he was a quiet guy to stuck to himself.

17. uncblue012

Aug 11, 2017
    DAMN.

18. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Watch this:

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I did emphasize Woodson.

I dont know how many suitors JH had but Im sure he also wants another ring too.

20. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Woodson left because the Steelers wanted him to switch positions and be paid as a safety. His time as a CB was up. He refused and went to the 49ers only to find out the Steelers were correct. He then went to the ratbirds.

Good thing about it is I’m free to hate who I want and others are free to like who they want.

21. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    And in my eyes Pouncey is 100% correct.

22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Oh I understand why people hate Woodson but they aren't comparable imo. They keep saying Harrison wants to play football but he's going to play 2-3 games and get cut/retire. Woodson went on to play for 7 more years. This move is pure spite from Harrison like teammates are confirming.

23. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Yep you’re right. I hate that it went down the way it did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    A quick summary:
    So far, Dupree, Matakevich, Gilbert and Pouncey have said something about the JH situation. None of them had nice words for him. Poncey has been the more vocal here, suggesting that JH hasn't handled this with the truth and saying the Steelers are being classy, not saying a word.

Coach T only said it was "football decision" and "life is like this in the NFL".
    Ben was pretty polite
    -Bell / Brown and Watt haven't said a word about it, but I think they'll follow Ben's path and be pretty polite.

Stories coming soon at Post Gazette and The Athletic ...

and JH's version will be available on Friday:

25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Hopefully James just pulled a Marion Hossa for those of you that remember what happened with that incident. Although Hossa ended up winning a couple cups after that with another team so I guess it didn't really matter lol.