1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What if it comes out that Harrison...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Dec 27, 2017.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Was being disruptive and a distraction to the the team and the coaches were forced to cut him?

What if he was undermining the coaches authority and trying to get teammates on his side?

If any of this is confirmed how will you feel about Harrison?

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Disappointed but not surprised based on some of the things he's said to the press.

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It wouldn't surprise me if Harrison was a "cancer" to the team. If so, good riddance.

Let him ruin the Patriots locker room with his crappy attitude.

4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'd be shocked if it came out that Harrison was disruptive or a cancer. I'm sure he wasn't happy about playing time, but there are probably 25 guys on the team like that.

I don't think that his release reflected any secret agenda or a desire to rid a problem. I think the reason behind the release was simple: you needed to free a spot for Gilbert, you have to cut somebody, so you cut the guy who can't play special teams, can't get on field with the D, and who at 40 has virtually no future value. Strip away the emotion, and it makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Dude just wants to play ,we'd all do the same thing ,,yes ,the pic with TB is nauseating ,but business is business
    Free Agency killed team loyalty ,but heck even before that guys went to play and retire as a member of different teams ,,some guys just love the game that much and want to play,I believe Harrison fits that bill.

6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I would have liked to have read more and heard more about JH taking the young guys under his wings and showing them the ropes. He's at the end of his career and that would have gone a long way towards solidifying his legacy with the Black & Gold. Instead of mentoring the young guys, he seemed to want to make it all about him as some of the videos we've seen and articles we've read seem to indicate. I remember a couple of games ago, the Ravens I think, Watt was sitting beside Harrison on the bench. It appeared that Harrison didn't even want to talk to him. His facial expression and body language seemed to indicate that but now that's just my perception. I'm not sure I've read or seen anything that would lead me to believe that he was trying to help coach up the young guys. He was making it all about himself and in the end, I believe his selfishness cost him.

7. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    He is just a reflection of players today. Free agency has created a culture of “me” and not team. There is zero chance Lambert or Hamm would have gone to the Raiders or Cowboys if begged to do so. Those days are over and it’s turned into one big club. They didn’t claim him off of waivers so that means they probably got him for a free membership to TB12.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    To answer your question Glenn let me answer it with this question when was the first, last, or in between time anyone has seen Harrison rage? Even during the Goodell persecution that statement he made was more violent sounding then Harrison himself. He is so quiet and soft spoken have the time it seems like he is out of breathe during interviews. I honestly think if he was disruptive it would be more nonverbal and just oppositional.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017

Oh he'll play he'll play in the sb .

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Take a look at his Instagram post he did last week in a weight room screaming “they have this on the bench?” I would bet he became a huge distraction. He looked pycho

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah after the strip sack when Watt was being mobbed by Tuitt and others with Harrison right next to him I thought there was some tension there from Harrison's side.

12. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    I have a strong feeling JH will be wearing his sb ring with the pats on his middle finger.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Any chance Harrison takes Brady out in practice?:hmm:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    If they were really that concerned, they could sign the linebacker Trevor something who was cut to make room for him. The cheats cut a defensive player that they got in free agency this year and the Jets picked him up (Kony Ealy) I bet Bill had to be talked down from the rooftop (not) and it sure worked for them (not).

15. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    JH might have became a bitter old man

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Junior Seau signed with the Pats at about the same age and got a ring! Oh, wait! He didn't?
    Careful what you wish for.

17. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Just curious why is this bothering people? He is a 39 yr old olb who played 40 snaps and complained about it. His teammates have even tweeted about it. Its not like we released tj watt or greg loyd in his prime. Come on guys. If the pats win it will not be because harrison was missing piece

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Cool, you can read the future! I was going to ask what else does it tell you, but that would only open the door for to come back with a witty response.:lolol:

19. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    There was 0% chance of Lambert and Hamm leaving for a very simple reason, they had no choice.
    If there was free agency in the 70's, a lot of 'loyal' guys would have left and taken the $.

And you know what? I don't blame them. NFL players have a short career, are likely to be cripples after age 40, even if they don't suffer long term brain damage. Many won't live to be 60. Teams can cut them on a whim, regardless of what's left on their contract.

I don't Begrudge the NFL players a dime. If they have a culture of 'me', they surely learned it from their employers, who wring every dollar they can from fans, sponsors and taxpayers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I am just as mad as a lot of you seeing Harrison in NE... BUT

As many have said, what can he really tell NE that they didn't know, and they were going to have to change things up if they play them again anyway since we have played them so recently

It's a tough pill to swallow, and 1 of 2 things went through the Steelers brains when they had to cut him over (more then likely) Daniel Mcullers. Either they just didn't care and didn't think it would matter if someone like the Pats or Ravens picked him up OR they had an agreement with Harrison about bringing him back after the Cleveland game and he went back on his word. I am assuming that a lot of the starters are going to be sitting at the beginning or towards the middle of this weeks game. Their depth at linebacker is deeper then along the line and they assumed they would need Mcullers for this last game more then Harrison, this scenario makes the most sense to me, there is no way they released Harrison without at least considering Pats would pick him up.

I loved what Deebo has done for this organization, but lets face it, he is a liability being on the field FOR US at this point. He is just slow now, he can set the edge, but watch the Ravens game. When he was in they just ran away from him and it looked like he was in quicksand chasing down Collins. He may be better suited in a 4-3 at this point where he doesn't have to drop into coverage or chase down a running back.

Having said all this, I don't like how this went down, and makes me believe even more there was an agreement in place that he would return to the Steelers after this game, I can't believe the front office would carry him all year to drop him a week before the playoffs, to me it was just a numbers game for backups in the final game when we have the bye locked up and very unlikely to have a chance at the #1 seed.

21. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I cant do witty responses

• Like Like x 1
  22. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011

• Informative Informative x 2
  23. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    If the Raiders or Cowboys begging came with a 8 figure signing bonus attached to it, they would've been gone so fast your head would be spinning.

24. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I have really never heard or read anything that indicated JH was the mentoring type. From all accounts, he didn't appear to be that kind of guy. He wasn't overly vocal. He was a beast when he played, but otherwise, he didn't seem to be too involved in much.

25. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    A lot of people vent the same opinion that you do. They say players are subject to CTE and other long term injuries and that the ownership is about the fans and sponsees. That all being true, why play football? You good and goddam well know what you are signing up for and there is no way anyone could not think that there is a danger of long term head injury. Borland out at SF called it quits and walked away. The constant pitty party is getting to be too much. I was a police officer for 25 years and I do not agree with the constant whining about the dangers of that job either. I knew I could walk away if I wanted and when I wanted. These men have a choice, and I respect them for putting it out there and playing, however, it is tough to pitty them. Players from prior generations were different and they did put more stock in loyalty than today’s players, it’s not wrong, it’s just different.