1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It's Happening Again!!!!

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by SDOT, Dec 24, 2017.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016

But hey, keep watching!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. petekoutromanos

petekoutromanos Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    im curious to your explanations now of the Pats vs Bills,if you still dont get it,you guys are BOZO Patriots fans, do u see how calls thru out the game goes for them,they are an average team who gets the calls,

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought you were boycotting?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    hmmm, looked to me like his left foot never touched down in bounds. It just kind of floated till it hit in the white. Different angles may help the cause though.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. petekoutromanos

petekoutromanos Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    what diffrence dors it make,r u a Bozo Pats fan too

6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I see the boycott crowd is rock solid in their determination not to watch non Stiller NFL football. I doff my tin foil hat to you and your unwavering principled stand!

7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I’m just curious where they get their info for all this posting, lol

If you’re going to boycott, turn off the TV, get off the Internet, maybe read a book or something.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    My surmise is simple, they watch the games the say they are boycotting.

Old joke from when I worked a lot in Arkansas:

Q: Why do never take just one Baptist with you when you go fishing?
    A: Because he'll drink all your beer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    If the doubters really can't admit something is up this season with New England and the replay officials, they are blind, stubborn or ignorant.

It is always said that a NFL game comes down to 1 or 2 plays, the Bill's overturned touchdown is a perfect example, instead of going into the half up and getting the ball to open the second half, they go in tied.

How about the non holding on the Patriots offensive line, it is quite similar to how they allowed them to hold on defense early in the Brady/Belichick era.

How long does it take for an official to throw a PI flag on a Patriots opponent? The one today for Gronk was a good 5 seconds after the play and only after they made sure he didn't come down with the ball. It was also questionable at best imo, the play where Bryants arm was being held at full extension behind him and wasn't called was so much worse.

For those that say "why don't the other owners complain and want there turn?" They are making BILLIONS of dollars off this game. I love the Steelers, die hard through thick and thin, but you tell me I can have BILLIONS of dollars and set generations of my family up, I wouldn't care if they went 0-16 every year, even our beloved Rooney's are bottom line business men, and are in it to make money.

Seriously, is there anyway we as the general public can't force some sort of investigation? It may not matter within the next 10 years. This league is in serious trouble, with concussions, apparent collusion and controversy from the very top down to the freaking ball boys, its no wonder ratings are down.

Think about this, Mark Cuban was asked if he was going to attempt to buy the Panthers, he said
    “Not interested at all in any NFL franchise … Why would I buy an NFL team if I think the league is in decline?” Think he doesn't see the writing on the wall?

I am 100% serious when I say, I hope Vince McMahon does bring back the XFL as reported, I truly think he has a legitimate shot at making a go at it this time. You know why people still watch the NFL, they don't have a real alternative.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Another thread moved to the Dead Zone.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    They're full of crap. Big Boycott which never really started lasted about 5 minutes.
    Lol. #flipflop #butthurt #Phonies

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, his left foot hit his right and stayed in the air...sad but true...

My problem is the clear DB grabbing the arm of the receiver and pulling himself into position to make a play on the ball...very familiar to the non-call ending the game last week..

EDIT!!!!! I was wrong, that's a catch!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  13. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Well, I just saw what everyone else saw, was stuck watching the Skins, and at a different angle that the op posted there is no question in my mind that he got his 2nd foot down. Drag marks proved that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    They have a Super Bowl in mind that they want to see. I put up a post in the middle of the week to be ready for some weird calls in that game. I’d say that with the sagging ratings, they are willing to take the image hit now to get the match up they want in the Playoffs and SB. It would seem simpler if they would just seed the playoffs using the power ranking like in college and that way they can always get the match ups they want. They would do anything to avoid a Lions - Bills SB because your not getting $3500 for the nosebleed section for that match up. I know people will respond that it isn’t fixed and it’s all conspiracy theories, but how can you explain overturning that TD. Mike Pereira is tweeting about it and amazed they would consider overturning that call.

15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Just saw the other angles...that was definitely a catch...that left foot clearly dragged through the possession of the football when combined with the other angles.

What don't I get is why make that call there? It's a key score and changes the dynamic of the game but, it's way too obvious!

16. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    You do realize that people can avoid watching the games and still hear when cheating is going on right? Texts and twitter are still out there and working. Dang

17. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I've only watched the clip above and on my phone. By the looks of it, his one foot never touched.

18. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    It was called a catch by a ref 3 feet away. Replay is meant for obvious mistakes, they are on field turf which is not going to kick grass up. It’s turning into Olympic diving, you dive then they score the effort.

19. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    The league may be in decline yes but not enough to make a huge difference. The XFL was a complete joke the first time around so no thank you. And you complain about fixed games yet want a guy who promotes the fakest entertainment to run a football league. Huh?

20. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The biggest issue going on with replay, and specifically the 4 overturns that have gone in the Pat’s favor....

For a call to be reversed, it has to be clear and conclusive evidence, basically so blatant it had to be an incredibly bad call to begin with. All four that were reversed can in no way be considered 100% conclusive, and if you say so you got blinders on.

21. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    What strikes me about that is it was like Bryant’s touchdown against the Cheats, defender holding an arm but it doesn’t get called.... surprise....

22. steelamazing

steelamazing Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2015
    what i dont understand, is Riveron knows much fuss has been made about all calls favor the Pats, then he makes the worse overturn of the 4, he doesnt care what anyone thinks, he also doesnt appear to be worried about being regarded as incompetent

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  23. steelamazing

steelamazing Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2015
    that was never in question, even Riveron acknowledges his left foot was in, he claims through percieved implication, not conclusive evidence, that he did not have control of the ball at the same time the foot was down

24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    As much as I hate the patriots and Tom Bratty I sure the hell wouldn't call that organization average. I do believe they are the darlings of the NFL and have gotten some questionable breaks but they are great.

25. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means, but the bad calls and the way they're working out sure are giving a ton of fodder this year to those who are.