1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling pretty good

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Dec 17, 2017.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I will go ahead and state the obvious. I am pissed but at the same time excited. Look, i am a realist. I half expected this game to be a beating. We showed we can play with "the best". I feel we won but it of course wont be that way.

One positive is that brown comes back. I will say it. If he plays whole game we win and probably win by 10.

I will also say i think the pats have 1 man we didnt handle. We have time to figure that out so that might be a positive.

We still have pretty good position. We win last 2 and i dont know who they play but it dont matter. I will enjoy going up there as long as we are healthy and beating their ass.

We didnt lay an egg and as long as they stay focused we will be in minnesota. That is why i am feeling pretty good

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic x 1
  2. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    After wanting to beat the patriots so badly for years and years, I have to say this might ultimately be better for the Steelers. Especially if the bills can take the same defensive game plan and steal a win next week.

Home field would be extremely nice, and it is still possible, but the focus now is to lock up a bye and realize that work still needs to be done. The goal is to win the super bowl, not the patriots, and I’m sure as hell that they will be ready to go for round 2.

3. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I like the sentiment, but with our shaky defense and no AB winning out is not a sure thing.

How in the heck do we stop Deandre Hopkins next week?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'll go ahead and say the Patriots don't want to see us again.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Atleast we ended the 12 year drought of an INT vs Marsha

• Like Like x 3
  6. blackNgold

Dec 15, 2014
    Haden?

7. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    They looked relieved at the end. They know that we have the weapons to beat them. Almost did it without Brown..now they have Bryant to worry about

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    After NE scored the field goal to get within one score I though oh sh!t here we go Hayley will be ultra conservative and the Pats will get a three and out and then win the game with a late TD. Never expected the heroics with only 56 seconds left.

Too bad it ended the way it did but I still like the resilience of this team reminds me of the team that lost to Indy then beat them in their building in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Steelers have the better receivers, and RB. There's zero chance the Cheats don't get blown out next time. Zero.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 4
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    It would be at Foxboro so don't count on that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. blackNgold

Dec 15, 2014
    Steelers have all the emotion and a game in which they should have won to motivate them. It would have been very hard to beat the Pats twice in the same year, the same could be said about the Steelers. Let's just hope the Bills can get a win and take them out, and as long as we handle business we still get the #1. It's not over!

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

by dropping the qb on his rear multiple times

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I can`t feel too good after being teased like that. Winning the game, then losing the game, then winning the game, then whoops, a little grease on JJ`s fingertips, a booth review, and home field is gone unless Bills or Jets pull off a miracle. We REALLY needed home field because we play much better at home this year. The other hope is we don`t even see those Cheats again because they lose in their first playoff game somehow, but now as the probable #2 seed we will probably be having to get by the Jags before going to NE and why....because the rules about what a catch technically is say so. If AB did not get injured, and it seems he is almost never injured, he would have been making the game winning catch. No doubt about it. We showed we match up with them, but our odds are less than 50% IMO of beating them on the road.

14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree with the OP. It was absolutely gutting to lose last night, but when the mist has cleared there definitely some things to take heart from.

15. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    We don’t, we beat Tom Savage or TJ Yates....

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I want to see these POS cheats again...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am also gonna give tomlin some credit. He didnt hide the fact what this game meant. I mean for about 4 weeks he has talked about it openly. The team responded and didnt shy away from the moment and he made no excuses afterwards. This will help us going forward i feel

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelamazing

steelamazing Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2015
    normally you would say karma will catch up to the patsies, however there is no karma with the patsies,

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    IDK about feeling good but what I do like is we did show we are the better team. One thing will change they will have Hogan back and that will make a difference, we will have Haden. I feel this loss will really set things up for the big prize and the trip to the SB.

I think as much as I say this the loss might be better. We should get the Jags at home....revenge game. I am thinking Ben will want that game, than the rematch of all time in foxhole! Health is a concern but we have a few "easy" games not sure there is a thing called easy but at least it isn't the Bungals or the Ravens right?

If there is anything to feel good about is the fact we lost the game they didn't beat us, imo! Ab is a big loss but it did show just how much talent is on this team. That is what I am choosing to feel good about, the fact that we could play 2 revenge games in the playoffs is nice as well. I like when we are the underdog!!!!!!

20. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016

Yates will " stop" Hopkins himself. Next two games are scrimmage games.

21. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    If the Steelers win out and the Pats drop one, then it would be in Pittsburgh. That story is still being written.

• Like Like x 1
  22. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Untrue. Up to this point, karma has come in the form of the NY Giants.

The Steelers may have a chance to assume the role in the Giants' stead.

23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    That's a lot to ask for. And doubtful on the Pats side at least.

24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    You guys just need to understand how life works, sometimes, well most times it ain’t fair.

We could totally get blown out first playoff game.

Bengals never beat us when it counts.

But, this team has the heart and fight.

25. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    When was the last time the Steelers blew anybody out? It seems like every game this season has come down to a Boswell kick at the end for the win. I can remember the Steelers getting blown out by the Jags earlier this season but all of the wins seem to be nail-biters

• Agree Agree x 1