1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Vs Patriots Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Dec 17, 2017.

1. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    His right hand was under the ball at ALL times....... no way the video shows otherwise

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I just saw the video. Jesse had a knee AND an elbow down before the ball hits. At what point can you call him a runner?

Also right hand was totally under the ball, ALL THE WAY.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That's the dumbest rule in the league! The freaking catch is completed when you freaking CATCH THE BALL!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Sliding away or not -- it was literally right in his hands.

Davis has really been exposed these last few weeks but how in the hell does Butler have him 1-on-1 with Gronk on the conversion? Might as well just step aside and give them the points.

There are about 12 reasons this game should have gone the other way. Although the Steelers have had a bunch of this go their way this season so I guess we shouldn't complain too much. But this one hurts.

And I am really worried about next week. Road game against a terrible team coming off this highly emotional loss. That has catastrophe written all over it.

5. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
  6. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Hopefully, this goes the way of Gruden when he was with Tampa Bay and the Eagles beat them during he regular season “I got them now...” beat them in the playoffs ...

7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    NFL, those refs and anyone who says it's not a TD can eat **** and die. **** them and **** them some more!!!

8. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Unless the ground helps him complete the catch... I wanted this win too, but...

9. TXSteelerFan69

TXSteelerFan69 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Controversial play at the end for sure, but I blame the coaching staff for this loss. When there was 3:56 on the clock and everyone in the world knows you are going to run, why run? We played too conservatively and allowed Tom Brady time to come back and get a TD. Should have been playing to get first downs until we were under 2 minutes. Secondly, how is Gronk allowed single coverage all night without rolling a safety to that side? All points to coaching mistakes. I feel good about how we played, but hopefully the coaching staff learns from this and puts the players in a better position to win next time. For us to be so competitive without AB, Shazier, and Haden says we are in great shape. The last two games are favorable for us. We should at least get Haden and AB back for the playoffs. The future looks bright for the rest of the season.

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He's isn't going to the ground to complete the catch....he makes the catch....goes to the ground then lunges with possession to the goal line to which after he crosses the ball come loose but his right hand still remains under the ball....I have seen and heard plenty of times that the ball can touch the ground if the hand is still under it......so it's bull**** any way you slice it...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The ground did In no way help him complete the catch. His right hand was under the ball...he didn't trap it on the ground

• Like Like x 1
  12. djnva

djnva Member

Dec 17, 2017
    He's backing you in the sense that they should maybe change the rule. He's not saying the call was wrong.

13. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The states you have to go alll the way to the ground with possession of the ball and maintain control. It doesn’t matter if your elbow or even if your knee hits ground. You have to maintain control of the ball to the ground. The ball moved and his right hand could not control it because his left did not have a grasp of the balll

14. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    They dropped back to pass 2 of 3 plays, I'm ok with 1 run, which by the way went to the best RB in the league. Need to convert 3rd and 4

15. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    But the ball moved with no control of it to the ground.

16. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    That’s a crap call. The ball was in full possession as it crossed the plane. The play was called a TD on the field, so video replay has to show conclusive evidence that it wasn’t a TD..... that video didn’t show any such evidence to contradict the call on the field. After crossing the plane, a player can spike the ball or kick it to the moon.... doesn’t matter, it’s a score.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hollywoodbags68

Nov 8, 2017
    If there really is karma in this world the Steelers win out while the Bills figure out some way to win next week in Foxboro.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
  19. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    If a RB or QB dives over the line for a TD, it doesn’t matter if a defender punches the ball out.... once the ball crosses the line... it’s a TD.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. TXSteelerFan69

Dec 17, 2017
    I am okay with a run as well. I just thought it should have not been first down when everyone knew you were going to run. Play action would have been great there because the Patriots were selling out to stop the run. Tough loss, but we are still okay. We should win the next two games if we do not play down to their level. Patriots on the other hand have to play a Bills team that is fighting for their playoff lives. I like our chances better. Plus, the Bills know NE better than we do.

21. steelamazing

steelamazing Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2015
    thats the thing, they had no evidence to even overturn it based on what they saw, not to mention he crossed the plane in a football move

22. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. TXSteelerFan69

Dec 17, 2017
    As far as James pass, I think he was down with control because the knee was down and he was short of the goal line. He then reached for the goal line. If anything is to be said, he fumbled and recovered his own fumble in the endzone, so it should have been a TD. I don't think he fumbled. I just think it's a bad call that didn't go our way, but I guess if I was a Pats fan, I would be saying they got the call right.

24. Hollywoodbags68

Nov 8, 2017
    Is it me or does Bell look like he isn't the same back as in previous years?

He leads the NFL is rushing so I am not saying he sucks, obviously. But he isn't breaking the kind of big electrifying runs he has in the past. He looks a step slow or something.

25. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    WRONG James caught it, went to his knees and reached across the goal. PLAY OVER THERE
    WAS NOT TOUCHED TILL AFTER HE CROSSED THE LINE

• Agree Agree x 1