1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Offense Stats

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Feel bad I messed up Watson's name but sometimes especially when they are 1st and goal from the two I wish we had a power back that would hit it hard with no hesitation.

Or if they are going to an I formation give the ball to Nix few teams hand off to the lead back but it catches the D off guard because they are at first read trying to avoid him.
    Don't get me wrong I love Bell but every once in a while his hesitation doesn't work in close to the goal line as the safety's are too close to the line, the result is a 2nd and five from the 7.

I admit I am old school and miss when the entire stadium knew the bus was getting the ball and we didn't have to worry or care.

I think we are the same page I am just an armchair coach and my percentage of guessing run or pass correctly is incredible from their formation and tendency's.

If you look at our weapons on offense its ridiculous this team doesn't put up 30 or 35 every game.

How many times did Haley call a screen to Bryant who is standing still and then expect Rogers to be the lead blocker for him, gain of zero second and ten. C'mon man!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I’ve longed for a short yardage back like the bus for years. I’ll bet, Bell’s short yardage pickup percentage this year is pretty good

3. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Bell is averaging 4.6 yards a carry on 3rd/4th and short. He is only 2.8 yds. per carry in the red zone and an even worse 2.1 yards per carry in goal line situations. A bunch of that seems the formations they run in the red zone and at the goal line. If its 1st and goal at the 5 or less, I would like to see them run it three times with some trap plays.