1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sean Davis....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers89, Dec 10, 2017.

1. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I was looking for the green font or something to indicate this was a joke....but, sadly, no.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is not correct. The receiver was behind him because he read the ball better and got into position for the interception.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    They were killing us in runs and passes to the right. They were going after Davis intentionally. How many times was Davis beat deep? How can you be 15 yards from the LOS and have a WR run by you like it was me covering them? Davis was exposed .

Pretty sure the cut idea was a joke . Our safety situation is a disaster and if we don’t do something drastically different now we will not go far in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Sean really had some good moments in the game, he also had some horrible ones too.

Keep in mind he's a 2nd year player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Cut Sean Davis Immediately! #CSDI

6. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    For the interception near their goal that prevented a certain score or the game saving pass break up at the end of the game. I’m pretty certain Coach addressed the penalties during the game, at least it appeared he did

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    except for 3 plays I thought he had a good game
    beat on the long td
    hit out of bounds
    and throwing the guy on his head after the incomplete pass - a clean tackle there and there would not have been a flag

they were after Sensabaugh not Davis

• Like Like x 1
  8. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    On that crucial 3rd and 4 on the Ravens next to last possession I thought he clotheslined the intended WR. It was close

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    You never know it todays day and age. Just tell them you are transfender and you may just win it:)

10. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

Watch it again my friend . When they had Davis one on one they threw at him. Davis was beaten badly twice in coverage and also failed to defend his zone all day long. Sure they threw at sensabaugh also but that’s also part is the lack of respect they have for Davis. What about the running to the right ? Also the SS’s job to support run defense. How many miss tackles and laughable attempts were he ran him self right out of the play ? What about that zero attempt to tackle on the sideline? That had to be his worst game ever.

Not suggesting we cut him , just saying he’s not good and we have to find his replacement or at the very least a competitor in the offseason .

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Mike Mitchel is worst than Sean Davis...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Damn right Davis should be cut, and replaced by er, um, ah, well maybe we'd better keep Davis after all.

DD 63, it doesn' matter if you're a 49 year old dude. If anyone questions you just tell them that you identify as a 20 year old hot chick. This is 2017 after all.

13. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Oops tomlinsux beat me to the transgender comment.

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It seems that both our 2nd year players Sean and Artie are having some rough games,

I hope it doesn't continue, I am afraid of both of these players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i think davis is being put in a position to have to cover too much area. he did lead us in tackles plus he has to cover for mitchell and the corners lack of coverage ability. he also has to cover up the LB'ers lack of run stopping ability. this kid was all over the field and he shouldn't be. some others have to step up and do they're jobs too. he's been playing pretty good this year. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He's second on this team in tackles behind Shazier...

He made some key plays to preserve the win as well.

Absolutely, laid out (cleanly) the receiver on that last Ravens drive which used their last TO...his PF earlier was a BS call he didn't chuck him on his head (receiver was still struggling to break free) and he had no idea he didn't have the ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    And that's another reason why we need to make a change after the season with Carnell Lake, he had enough of time and excuses now.

18. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Ender clicked on "against the rules" although I have no idea why hehehe

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

So essentially what your saying is that he was a one man show lol

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    the kid shows up all over the field, so yes he's around the ball a lot. he also led us in tackles against the raisins. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Sorry about that guys, sometimes when I'm scrolling down on this ipad I accidentally hit that. I don't think I've ever even used that rating before lol

22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    He’s usually productive near the LOS. His instincts when he has coverage responsibilities downfield are mediocre (at best).

23. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I so want to hit you with an “accidental” Against The Rules rating.
    :butcher:;)

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Some of that was not man-to-man coverage. The one touchdown was a zone, but Davis inexplicably let the receiver get behind him.

I wonder if he can do better with more man-to-man coverage, which makes his responsibility simpler. I'm guessing if they do go man-to-man Sunday, he's the one you would see on Gronkowski. The other option would be Watt with help from Mitchell, but that makes it even more likely that Brady will carve the Steelers up with passes to his backs.

25. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Everyone needs to relax Davis is still learning, he was bounced around between corner and safety in college. I still believe him and Burns will get much better, not sure if they will improve tremendously by this Sunday though.