1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

mike adams

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Tantum Dic Verbo

Tantum Dic Verbo Member

Oct 29, 2011
    So, having the franchise quarterback accused of strong-arm rape in the cramped bathroom of a bar in Georgia doesn't bother you as much as the Mike Adams' prior use of marijuana? I guess we all have a different calculus for embarrassment.

2. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Here is what I think...

O...ne
    B...ad
    A...ss
    M...istake
    A...merica

This dick head better not be our leader in 2013!!!!!! Guy is a total dick!!!!!!!

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Ok Ok, let's keep it on topic gentleman. Definitely don't wanna see this thread derailed with politics. :good:

4. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Then go cheer for some other team. Judgmental types like yourself will not be missed

5. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Sorry TTF....I know better than that.....Im not a big G.W. fan but ................

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I was just going to type this...you must be drinking hahah...

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Wow...some people and dumb crap they say. Go cheer for the Bengals or something...we dont need ya here with that attitude.

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Very well said JD

9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Re: Mike Adams Met Our "Stipulations"????

1. Heard counseling. Maybe he has to take more random drug tests. Or something i dunno.

2. Depending where he lives he either drove or flew there and went through what they needed him to do.

10. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'll take my chances with a pot head if it means that we'll finally be able to stop Suggs. We could potentially have the best OL in the league for the next 10 years if everything falls into place. Gilbert, DeCastro, Pouncey, Adams...Young Money Crew!

11. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree, give him a chance BUT I live in DC and the Skins had two key players suspended the last part of the season for testing positive for MJ. It won't do us any good if Adams isn't on the field.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i heard he told them to keep his signing bonus for two years to show he's sincere about what he told them. :cool:

13. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That seems like quite an overreaction. For me that moment was all the allegations against Ben. I'm a big fan of Ben, but that was absolutely embarrassing as a fan.

14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I think yoy're right, BFT (and others), to point out that there's a lot of inconsistencies about people's attitudes to the issue. If this is the only reason he dropped, then we've got a steal.

A kid smoking weed in college is not exactly the rarest thing in the world, and not exactly a case for captial punishment.

As with every kid coming out of college, it will be a case of how he makes the transition to the pros. And where better than Pittsburgh?

15. Steel Here In Va

Steel Here In Va Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think KC reminds me of my own pops, At 9:38 of the video KC says and repeatably doses so after that "we are comfortable with this situation" . Yeah Mike proly F**ed up his chances at bigger money but the fact that he "wanted"to be a steeler and sought out the Rooneys and the couching staff is a big plus. I bet this kid out plays De Castro given the chance. underdog feel good story "as small as it is in the making" I bet that kid saw he F**ed up wanted to be a steeler and was projected that way went and saw "daddy" and will be a great team player for us. I remember talking to daddy when i "f**ed up in my major life turning events. Kids will be kids ....they need to mature that's why there is a coaching staff....

16. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    He met with them at his request because he wanted to play for the Steelers so badly and wanted them to know it. That and his ability makes him a worthy gamble, perhaps maybe even less risky than those that haven't been caught but were drafted above him. It's all up to him at this point. Give the kid a break.

I like this pick!

Got to go, got the munchies.
    I KID I KID TAKE IT EASY!

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Don't like the pick, Bench pressed 19 reps? Steelers could have done better.

18. Steel Here In Va

Steel Here In Va Member

Oct 16, 2011
    first round draft grade that far in the 2ond ? the value is there like him or not he'll be a stud i hope ...............though i was wrong about Sweed....

19. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I was scared to death that Adams had been mentioned as a possible 1st round pick for the Steelers and this was before his failed combine drug test came out. I don't deny the talent and the value at pick #56. Here's a few issues I have with Adams though.

1. He was arrested in 2009 for possession and was suspended 2 games.
    2. He sold his Big 10 Championship ring and served a 5 game suspension.
    3. He failed his Combine drug test
    4. I heard a really good interview with him on Sirius where Tim Ryan & Pat Kirwan were trying to give him some good life advice, and he more or less just laughed it off and really just was not taking it seriously.

Also, here is a list of some of his weaknesses from NFLDraftCountdown.com. I'm sure you all can pick out the most troubling ones.

Weaknesses:
    • Poor concentration and awareness w/ shaky motor
    • Gets tall which leads to bad leverage and balance
    • Lacks strength and is not particularly powerful
    • Not technically sound and must refine footwork
    • Lacks intensity and doesn't play with mean streak
    • Not overly competitive and may not love the game
    • Physical / Mental toughness has been questioned
    • Ran into trouble off field on multiple occasions
    • Durability a concern due to history of injuries

Like I said, it could be a value pick, but the pick scares the hell out of me. Santonio Holmes was not a mouth piece in Pittsburgh. He was traded because he could not stop smoking. Can Adams help himself? This pick is squarely on Colbert's shoulders.

20. Steel Here In Va

Steel Here In Va Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agree and im way drunk by this point but as you said it"ll be on "daddy" Adams has PLENTY to grow up on. lots of boom plenty of Smoke on the water. but its in the books so lets hope for the boom...

21. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The kid will be fine..I just hope he can play at a high level..I would say 70 % of the draft smokes or has smoked weed or did other illegal drugs.....Really no big deal to me as that was in his College career and now that career is over......The guy starts with a clean slate in my book so I want to see him come in and play at a high level....

22. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I wanted nothing to do with him in the 1st round but at #56 I can't deny the incredible value here. Other than Kalil he's the only true LT in this draft. He's solid in pass-pro but could definitely work on his run blocking. His strength can be improved in the weight room and you can't teach long arms and quick feet. I like this pick alot given where he was selected.

23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This sums up my view as well. This was a "potential" pick. We do not have a true LT on the roster, and Adams is a true LT. He needs work, but he has the traits that can't be taught. When you watch his game tape, there are games that are great, and games that are very iffy, so coaching will be needed to ensure that he is prepared week in and week out.

24. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Stop comparing this dude to holmes. The big difference is that adam took accountability for his actions. He didn't tweet wake and bake the off season after being arrested right before the playoffs. Dude messed up owned it did whatever he could to fix it. The mistakes make the man. If he meant what he said in his letter to the teams it shows growth. I'm not woried about mistakes as long as he learned from it and grows from it.

25. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Personally, I think his meeting with the FO and Tomlin to express his desire to play for the Steelers, along with his willingness to prove it by taking a hit in his wallet make him a good pick. The Steelers taking the risk on him may be a tremendous motivator and cause him to work hard and come to camp ready to take over the starting LT position. He's got plenty of time to work with the coaching staff on his weaknesses.

We're working toward having a REALLY good O-line. Chances are picks 1 and 2 along with Pouncey will make the guys around them better. Maybe Ben makes it through a season without injuring some part of his legs.