1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So WHO is our 1st rounder?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by shadowmaker, Apr 23, 2012.

1. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    If Poe is there they have to take him, you just can't pass that need/beast up.

If DeCastro somehow falls to 24 they draft the next Steelers great for years to come!

Hightower, is the predictable projection @ 24.

Cordy G is the safe bet and should be there for the picking.

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am still hoping that Decastro falls far enough that the Steelers could make
    a deal for him. This would cost us some pick/s. If this doesn't happen I hope they get
    Hightower, I am so frustrated with the Steelers OL evaluaters that they scare
    the **** out of me and anybody other than Kalil and Decastro are in my mind more of the same garbage we have.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    We NEED an O-LINEMAN! I'm sick and tired of seeing Ben get pummeled. Please Mike Tomlin PLEASE get off your high horse of acting like everyone on the team is great and just admit that with the exception of Pouncey our O-LINE is ATROCIOUS and has been for the last 5 years!!! AHHHHH!!!! Probably what's gonna happen is we are gonna sale out completely for linebackers and defensive ends and then go find another Flozell Adams! I am SO sick of all this linebacker talk! Our IMMEDIATE need is O-LINE! NOT NOT NOT NOT LINEBACKER!!!

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Tomlin won't pick a true elite Guard because he wants them to play Center, Cornerback, Tackle, and Punter as well.

Versatility Shmersitility I say!

5. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    According to Mike Mayock Mock Draft we are taking Cory Glenn, T, Georgia.

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I know you're exaggerating, but there's a lot of truth to that problem. Trai Essex has played 5 times as many positions as Alan Faneca.

7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    MAN I MISS ALEN FANECA!! If o-line is not high on Tomlin's radar just let him watch Super Bowl 40 and watch the CRATER that Willie Parker went through. I wonder what Redman could do with big holes. I wonder what Mendy could do with a big hole. I wonder what Ben could do if he had the time to hit Mike Wallace down the field. Instead we just get to see him run for his life for the last 4 years. PLEASE GET US AN O-LINE! Yes Hightower is a beast but so is James Harrison and Lamarr Woodley! Timmons is not a slouch and Sylvester may be an up and comer. We have NO depth on our line! Please just give us 1 BEAST! JUST ONE!! (besides Pouncey)

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    So, two then? :hehehe:

If Hightower's there you have to think long and hard about it. I don't know what the team thinks of him. But this year there are also some great guards that could go in rounds 2-3. Normally when people say that I call BS, but I think it's true this year.

9. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I agree. If we can get a guy like Silatolu, Brooks or Osemele in round 2 that's also a guy that we can plug in and start at Guard from day 1

10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I would go this route rather than take Glenn in round 1 because he is just not a 1st round type of player. I would take Hightower over Glenn if he is still available. Heck, I'd even take Poe in the 1st round before Glenn. Decastro is the obvious perfect guy for us, but he won't be there at 24. We would have to trade up and I don't see the Steelers giving up enough to get high enough to snag him.

11. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I think that if Hightower is there you have to take him. I know that we need alot on the OL but Hightower can be a stud in the middle for 10 yrs. Our LBs would be Harrison, Timmons, Hightower, Woodley for 3+ years that group could have 2 to 3 pro bowlers a yr. Plus if we take Hightower we dont have to worry about playing against him (rats) for the next 10+ which I think out weighs taking Glenn.

12. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I like the idea that Wexell has, trade back a few spots and grab Zeitler. Then you've got two OL spots (Pouncey & Zeitler) that are solid, the rest of the guys can practice positional versatility for the final 3 spots on the OL. Then give up a pick or two to get the ILB from Nebraska in the 2nd, Lavonte David.

13. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Official Who the Steelers gonna draft tonight thread

Well Everyone.
    Who will be Pittsburghs 2012 #1 Draft pick at 24?
    Or will they trade it?

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  15. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    DeCastro= Good

Poe= Not so much.....

Tell me why everyone is so high on Poe? Just because he could bench press a volkswagon? The guy didn't really excell, at an average school, in an average conference, and has been known to take plays off. He is nothing but a workout warrior, as far as I can tell, and way too much hype for what he brings to the table.

I'll take Hightower, Glenn, DeCastro (not likely), or any other number of people before Poe....

16. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Re: Official Who the Steelers gonna draft tonight thread

Hightower.

17. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I would take DeCastro in a second. However, I believe it will be Hightower, only because our other need positions are so much deeper in this draft. NT and O-line will have starting caliber players in rounds 2 and 3. Believe that RB, WR, CB, and TE will have contributing players in the 4th and 5th. There will be some gems in the last 2 rounds. Just a matter of finding them.

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    There are plenty of teams looking to trade down, so if Baltimore wants to trade up to get Hightower, there will be plenty of teams willing to do it for the right price. I've read Detroit is looking to trade down so they can get Jenkins with a late 1st or early 2nd.

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    martin drops in our laps. silatolu drops to us in the 2nd and the offense explodes. :shrug: :cool:

20. COSteeler

COSteeler Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Not so many O-linemen going yet. May get lucky!

21. So Cal Steeler

So Cal Steeler Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  22. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Nothing in life is a certainty, and any draft p/u is a gamble no matter how high rated.

With that said, I believe we just drafted the next work horse of a lineman for years to come. Better than Faneca!

23. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Hey - I think that DeCastro just MAY fall to us I say we take HIM if he does. Just sayin'...