1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

fishy stuff

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by swann_88, Nov 10, 2017.

1. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    so Martellus Bennett has a shoulder injury
    he decides to have surgery on his shoulder
    the packers cut him because he is going to have surgery and miss most or all the remaining games
    he then sigs with the patriots, cancels the surgery and is playing this week
    something seems fishy about this

then there is Hoyer
    originally was going to be part of the Garropolo trade
    then the pats decided SF should cut him instead so they could sign him to a new much cheaper contract
    now SF is paying him money on his original contract and taking a cap hit
    so the Pats can pay him less and have a smaller cap hit
    this sounds like a deal only the browns would make

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup, pretty fishy that somehow they get guys back that they didn’t want to lose anyway halfway through the season so often.....

3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    WORD!!! "I got let go because the packs encouraging me to play and I don't feel safe playing, and didn't disclose injury but need surgery!" Bill calls... Hold my beer! What a sack

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bennet jumped off a sinking ship, he wants some more bling. Steelers will own Brady & the cheatacek. This year they will win it for Big Ben.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    It's just amazing how they keep getting these guys back when they need them after getting cut year after year.

The Blount saga was BS as well. NFL should have stepped in then.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    History has taught you nothing has it?

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    If you recall Anguan Boldin tried something similar. Although he signed with the Bills, retired supposedly because of BLM injustices and then asked the Bills to release his rights so he could sign with NE or trade him to the Patriots. Thankfully the Bills more or less told him to go f himself.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, why teams do this knowing that the Patriots are working behind the scene is incredible...I know they think they can get some salary cap relief, but do you really not care about giving another team what it wants so it can go on to another SB??

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I had heard that the league found no evidence of tampering. Somewhere there’s a destroyed burner phone that was briefly registered to John Jastremski....

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How does this keep happening?

11. Ohio Steeler Fanatic

Ohio Steeler Fanatic New Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Here's a thought since no matter if it's looking ahead or not, many are pointing toward the New England game: Marcellus Bennett said he hurt his knee and didn't want to play on it. So the Packers release him. Then out of nowhere he signs with New England and has a good game last week. Last year, LaGarrette Blount starts mouthing off and then doesn't show up after a game. He obviously doesn't want to play with the Steelers so he starts loafing. The Steelers release him. All of a sudden he signs with New England after their running back gets hurt and proceeds to put out an effort do great. This has happened with a couple of other players too. I think New England is in a roundabout way contacting these guys and telling them that if they're ever released, they would be happy to sign them. They probably do this by having a third party to contact them because it's either highly unethical or outright illegal. to contact them directly and offer that. Of course these guys go because they want a chance to win a super bowl. I don't think Belichick and his staff are geniuses as it looks like, calling a scheme that these players could excel in. I think these guys are being contacted in effect illegally and getting kicked off their teams so they could play for New England. I don't give a crap, NOBODY is that good. And I think people in the league suspect it and keeps their mouths shut because it would make the league look bad.
    They don't want people seeing that New England has won because of cheating and skirting the rules that no other team has done because they play by the rules. Once again NE gets an unfair advantage

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Get with the program Glenn.

Brady owns the Steelers.

Brady owns the nfl.

Brady owns the world.

0DEBA36F-8D72-4389-BD72-A6F048459010.jpeg

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Didn't like 30 teams have dibs on Bennett before New Cheatland signed him?

15. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    According to Bennett he told his agent to tell teams not to claim him because he was going to get surgery. Bennett definitely gamed the system to end up where he wanted to be.