1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Martavis Bryant...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Daddymac10, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Oh God it's so obvious ...Don't care about all the drama or whose mad at who or vandettas, it's clear after today why the offense has trouble scoring touchdowns. Why is Ben refusing to throw the ball to #10?? #10 has single coverage all day but get almost no targets. And we know #10 can be a feared weapon for us & is deadly in the redzone. So if you rather force the ball to #84 who has double & triple coverage, but refuse to use other weapons such as #10 who normally have single coverage where you can get some quick touchdowns ...we got a problem. If your not gonna use #10 as a weapon, why is he wasting a spot on the field?? Replace him with someone else...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Everyone wants the ball

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If AB is the only reliable receiver on this team we are playing into the a Patriots hands... they will easily scheme him out of the game, just like last year.

If we want to win a SB we need help from at least one other receiver and our TE.

Redzone percentage was bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yeah, if we'd only had Bryant last year, Ben could have put up big numbers!

Dude, seriously. Forcing throws to AB? He had 4 completions out of 15 this week and 8 of 17 last week.

And you're severely over simplifying things if you think all it takes is Ben throwing in Bryant's direction to get "quick touchdowns." Bryant is dropping balls, not sharp in his route running, and not competing for the ball in the air.

He's not a slot receiver, a high pointer, or quick enough to be effective in the red zone. So he simply is NOT the answer to our red zone woes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He can't separate , and if he does his hands are mediocre.

7. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Bryant can't be good for the locker room with his attitude right now.

8. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I assume if Ben is refusing to throw the ball to Bryant it's because he doesn't have faith that he will catch the ball. It has seemed this year that unless the throw is right on the numbers, Bryant won't come away with it.

9. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Bryant needs to be gone. He has called out JuJu, and thats a no no.

10. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
  11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think Bryant is fustrated that he is not getting many looks. He wants to be a star & get some attention. That will come when he shuts up & puts up. He should also take some classes on public speaking, lose the babysmama & put in some work.

12. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The offense seems more in sync when he is on the sidelines

13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I see two strengths to Bryant's game. He is a big deep ball threat. Which he and Ben are clearly not on the same page. Yesterday the ball was over thrown by Ben, but Bryant had no clue to even look where it was coming.

He seems to so good on slants across the middle. But, I haven't seen this run with him much. Ju Ju seems to be getting the across the field and middle routes.

I would also like for Ben to look for him more in the endzone in goaline situations. He's a big target put it up where only he can catch it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    bens still the problem. he needs to get his head out of his azz. use what is available to him and stop the fascination with AB and bell as the only weapons on the team. we need TD's. this will become our downfall at some point this year. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Ben is still the problem? He threw a perfect deep ball to Bryant who was just jugging on the route. Someone said he "over threw him", no he didn't, the ball was 5 yards in front of him. If Bryant had been running he would have caught it in stride but instead he looked lost and confused. After that I started watching him specifically and he's not even trying! Before last week's game vs the Chiefs, Ben was a major issue, but last week and then yesterday Ben showed that he's most of the way back. He looked really sharp yesterday.

Bryant is his own enemy at this point. He's playing half speed and is never open. They single cover him because teams know it doesn't take anything to cover him.

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bryant doesn't seem like he's 100% in game shape yet. He doesn't look like the same player he was in '15. The year layoff had a bad effect on him.

17. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    This is just getting on my nerves. If Bryant finds a way to get open more consistently, Ben will get him the ball.

It’s not all Ben’s fault and has more to do with a lack of confidence in Bryant. CATCH THE DAMN BALL, RUN CRISPER ROUTES AND GET OPEN.

As a huge fan of Bryant and his potential, I’m so annoyed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Awesome talent with a pea sized brain. This team has the chance to do something special and yes I know he wants more of a role but enjoy the ride and the wins. Just ask several vets if the grass is truly greener outside of Pittsburgh. I hope they can work it out but I don't see it.

19. 65Toss-Power-Trap

65Toss-Power-Trap Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I'm trying to recall the last player who demanded a trade during the season was? Anyway, this doesn't seem to be a normal thing with the Steelers. This franchise has always been a proactive one though, and I say if the man wants out, let him out. No good to this team right now in the locker room OR on the field: He's running half speed out there, jogging down the field, he goes down anytime he has the ball the first time anyone touches him, he looks like he isn't even giving it 100 percent. He lost a ball in the air yesterday, that if he had simply made an adjustment, it's a touchdown, but he showed neither the desire, nor the capacity to make the play. He's a liability on, and off the field. Fix the problem and trade him.

But not to the Patriots and not in conference. Don't be stupid. If nobody in the NFC wants him, the deactivate him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Belichick would snap MB up so fast if he could get him and the next thing you know you would see MB leading the league in TDs, josh McDaniel took a no name like Hogan and has him scoring all over the field, bryant just needs to be with the right OC and QB to reach his potential and it's no wonder he wants released from the steelers.........We scored 5 FGoals dont tell me rwo or three of them should not have been touchdowns....

21. Terrible Towelie

Terrible Towelie Active Member

Oct 8, 2017

totally agree with u. i want him gone for several reasons but ONE big one! a message needs sent to this team. there are alot of divas / personalities on this team and players are going too far with being anything but a team. this group needs to be one unit. we have so much talent that the next several seasons could be special. what would belichek do? bryant would be gone. i hate using belicheck, but he dosnt put up with this stuff and its worked out well.

one of the worst things is to put stuff on social media bashing a teammate. this isnt like schuster did anything. schuster looks like our next franchise wr and were going to let bryant act like a thug to his teammate? i know the bengals would keep bryant. we need to cut him. do u think even if bryant were to get more touches hes going to all of a sudden be a team player. schuster is playing great and this guy is apparently a great player , teammate and human being. its ab and schuster as our two receivers. ab and bell get alot of touches and bryant will only cause more problems. look at his play. every time he touches the ball if he dosnt have alot of space he gets no yac. he is easy to tackle and his hands havnt been outstanding. yes ben has missed throws to him but hes also missed some. even when ben misses u dont see bryant doing anything to try to dive or anything. in fact i think a few times it was like if u put forth total effort u may have chance at a highlight reel catch. missing last year has hurt him. hes fast yes, but that dosnt make him an elite receiver. schuster is our new future franchise receiver. i say give him more touches.

i dont know what kind of actual relationship bell and ab have. i would say that they are definitely not besties. i guarantee u leveon dosnt want ab getting the ball and vice versa. they want the most touches every game and sometimes its bell with monster numbers, sometimes brown and sometimes both. i dont care who gets the ball. just score points. does bryant think more touches is coming from bell or browns numbers? i would prefer those touches not change and we would be stupid to not feed schuster more so how many more touches can we spread around? bryant is basically telling us to make him our #2 and schuster is far ahead of him there. he has shown no explosive football and no ability to make something happen like leveon bell did yesterday. in wide open fields yes bryant does well, but he isnt getting there and giving him 2 and 3 yard pass plays for him to go down immediately after contact is on him. do u know who else i want to see get more touches JAMES CONNOR.

i say trade him to an nfc team that is not doing great this year. hell fizzle out. if he was to do well hell be buried on a crappy team and it cant bite us. hell never be an nfl legend. we can only look dumb by keep him on this team and for him to do something really bad and cause more division. if that happens how dumb do we look for keeping him. cut out the cancer because thats what he is

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. nafsreleets43

nafsreleets43 Member

Oct 16, 2011
    In my own opinion the dude is not getting open!. This is all on him and when we do throw at him he ain't winning the fights to get the ball!!! What he really needs to do is stop this drama stuff his posting on Twitter and not act like the Steelers organization owes him something! We don't need this kind of distraction! plus he has really no trade value at this point anyways! SMH...

23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ben is still forcing the ball to AB way too much. sometimes he's triple covered and he still throws it. somebody else is open when that happens. that's why he's still the problem. he even admitted that two games ago and that lasted 1 week. back to the same thing and we still can't score TD's. :cool:

24. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Trade him to SF for a mid round pick or two. Then use those picks combined with our first round pick to move up in the draft to get Ben's eventual replacement at QB.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Lace his water with THC and the problem is solved.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1