1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello From Sheffield, England

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Sheffield Steel, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Sheffield Steel

Sheffield Steel New Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hello from across the pond!

I have followed the Steelers for roughly 5 years now from England's very own Steel City, Sheffield.

My family and I are actually coming over for the first time to watch the Steelers vs Browns game on New Years Eve. I really can't wait to see Heinz Field in person and sample to atmosphere of game day.

Any advice you guys can give me would be much appreciated, I don't want to labelled a tourist that doesn't know much about the Steelers (although I am).

What are the rules of tailgating if you're not bringing a car, can you still join in etc?

2. Emperor Lebaeu

Emperor Lebaeu Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Welcome Sheffield Steel!

That sounds like a great way to catch your first game. The atmosphere will be pretty electric. I wouldn't be suprised if a few sober people might start thinking your not from the Burgh once you start talking. So maybe just start some "Here You Go Steelers, Here You Go!" chants while in the stadium bowels and then don't talk. You'll fit right in ; )

Also, It would probably be helpful to have some opinion about if the Steelers will have Bell next year, and how that contract would be structured would be bonus points.

As far as tailgating, pick up some Iron City Pounders and you'll be welcomed at any decent tailgating affair in the city.

3. Emperor Lebaeu

Emperor Lebaeu Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Welcome Sheffield Steel!

That sounds like a great way to catch your first game. The atmosphere will be pretty electric. I wouldn't be suprised if a few sober people might start thinking your not from the Burgh once you start talking. So maybe just start some "Here You Go Steelers, Here You Go!" chants while in the stadium bowels and then don't talk. You'll fit right in ; )

Also, It would probably be helpful to have some opinion about if the Steelers will have Bell next year, and how that contract would be structured would be bonus points.

As far as tailgating, pick up some Iron City Pounders and you'll be welcomed at any decent tailgating affair in the city.

4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Hope you enjoy your time in Pittsburgh. Just be aware this could be a meaningless game for the Steelers. Last season it did not matter if we won or lost our last game. Our position in the playoffs was already set. Should the game be meaningless you may not get to see a lot of our starters play. I'm pretty positive we will have the AFC North division clinched by that game but maybe we will have to win to get a first round bye.

I don't understand why the NFL plays some games in England, I would think most people there have no interest in our football but always am amazed at the crowds.

Again, hope you have a great time and see a winner!!!!!!!

5. 65Toss-Power-Trap

65Toss-Power-Trap Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2017
    One question: Sheffield United or Sheffield Wednesday? Tell me which and I'll be on board.

One of em has got to make the Premier League next season right?

See you at Heinz! You will LOVE the best stadium in the NFL! Heinz field is unlike any other NFL stadium...crappy grass, lol, impossible to make long field goals UNLESS you are Boswell, OUR kicker, haha...SUPER LOUD fans, STEELER NATION and TERRIBLE TOWELS EVERYWHERE!
    YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT MAN.

6. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012