1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Over 2.7 Million Without Power In The Northeast

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Oct 30, 2011.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Just saw this on the news. Someone needs to tell mother nature it's still October. If anyone from our message board family is affected, I hope they're alright and power gets restored quickly.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I resemble that remark. Got our power back quickly enough though. Better than the hurricane when we lost it for a few days.

3. fdresq4

fdresq4 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Lost power 2 p.m. Saturday and still nothing yet. The tree guys are just getting to us now. JCP&L's President said we will all have power by Friday. I guess he didn't see the 12 poles on our street that need replacing.

We got 14 inches and I can't tell you how mant trees went down.

Thankfully we do have a generator.

After starting teh cleanup on Sunday, and still on going, it was Great that our team beat the Pats! A bright spot indeed! Although my dogs ran and hid when the game ended because I jumped up and cheered!

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Wow, that's rough stuff. 12 poles?? :eek!: Definitely good thing you have a generator. We have one as a backup here too, but we don't have a transfer switch, so there's no well pump when power's out. It wouldn't be a fun time to be without power for more than a couple days. Hope you get yours back on soon.

5. fdresq4

fdresq4 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks T. Now it may be Saturday. We do have the transfer switch and the only things we don't have: stove, washer, dryer, central a/c, and downstairs lights.