1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben regrets...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by RPO IZSB, Sep 25, 2017.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Well that's the type of person he is. He's going to accept the responsibility.

Show me one Steeler who harbours any ill will against Al for what he did.

As Al said, the plan got butchered due to circumstance.

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    ......I was thinking more like a tank. Holy hell has this thing sprouted legs.....I wish they would all just stfu and get back to what they are getting paid to do and that's winning games to which they could all use some help with. You wanna protest here go hold this sign on the corner on your free time . Give your Pro uniform to the millions of other shmoes like myself who would gladly take your place and shut my cake hole doing it...always so much drama with these guys.
    Worry about what your getting paid millions to do.....practice seems like a needed place to start.

3. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Yes, everything that he’s been praised for, was not his intent.

4. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes exactly. Sorry I'm still playing catch up as I wasn't on the board last night or most of today.

The narrative of this story has spiraled out of control. Glad to hear Ben, Cam and Al speak today. I think it cleared up a few details.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Did you hear the one ...about Ben, blaming the team's protest ... as a cloud, to cover up ...How bad He Sucked yesterday?! (Baddabing)

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Is anyone out there suspicious that they are making him cover this thing up? (The only reason I ask is it seems they were trying to cover for who wber of whomever didn't want to stand during the national anthem).

7. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    No I don't think so. I think these are the facts on what happened.

We will have to wait until Sunday to find out if anyone is still thinking about taking a knee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bigsteelerfaninky

Oct 24, 2011
    Hope you are right

Still kinda feels like he's still being a team player and taking one for the team so they don't look bad

Which you would expect a man of his background to do

9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    No. They tried covering up for those who wanted to take a knee by doing what they did on Sunday but AV ruined that. So.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. bigsteelerfaninky

Oct 24, 2011
    I guess that's my point
    I feel we r giving them a pass for trying to cover something up awfully
    Fast and it feels like they r still n damage control
    And usually in damage control u r covering stuff up

11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Hey are in damage control amidst a room full of mixed emotions no doubt... This junk wasn't needed... social media and sports talk has been a mixed bag of crap today because of it and the other stuff league wide. Now we're back to big Ben's rape allegations all over again thanks to keyboard warriors and their bs responses to all of it.

12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Not what I meant. It would have been a lot worse if AB, Bell, and others kneel'd during the anthem. Fans would have been burning their jerseys, booing them at home, and just would have been a bad distraction the whole season. So they tried doing something as a team so nobody would be singled out. Well AV couldn't stay with the team and ended up getting everybody criticized besides himself. Would have been a lot worse if players kneel'd during the anthem but still bad.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I like this quote:

And this one:

I also like that he says players who have taken a knee have came up to him and thanked him for his services.

Maybe with these comments from AV, people will understand that the flag isnt being protested. I doubt it though. Interferes with the narrative.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    When all these players are actually out there making a difference, then AV can apologize if he somehow affects that. Kneeling during the anthem does nothing but continue to divide society. It's clearly us vs them, which we all know is black vs white.

Want to make real change? Have real conversations about what the problems are, all the problems. Racism is not the root of all the problems in America. It's one of many problems. Be honest and be blunt about the problems, only then can they be addressed. Kneeling during the anthem does nothing but cause racial tension. Once upon a time, racism was the norm. Over the decades, that changed and society was heading in the right direction. Now it seems were once again heading in the wrong direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Just cause AV might not be offended doesn't mean I can't be.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    This makes no sense. He would have stayed in the tunnel with them then.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, you have that right, just as AV, a member of the military understands people have the right to protest and further, he understands what is being protested and what isnt.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    White people (and Im white) are so in the dark about what black people face on a daily basis and obstacles that are still in front of them. Kaps kneeling made me aware of all that. I dont know about Canada, but here in America, your statement couldnt be further from the truth. Theres so much more Id like to say about this but it would be getting way too political.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

While I cannot speak on behalf of America I can state that Canada has its own issues with the indigenous people here. There are numerous terribles issues regarding them.

Regarding the game (from what little I have seen since NFL Game Pass is still on the fritz for me), offense in situational downs appears to still be an issue. I understand receivers have to catch the ball but why not Le'Veon Bell and Roosevelt Nix on third and short situations?

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I believe they are trying to supplant Bell with JuJu in that role.

21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Hmm.... Interesting.

I just do not agree with the "heave ho" approach on third and short as a whole. Players have to step up is one reason but I suppose that might answer the question as to why Ben is going for everything on third down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    After the debacle of last Sunday, the leader of the Pittsburgh Steelers should be AV, not Ben or Heyward. It took an incredible amount of courage to do what he did. There's no way in hell you can expect a real war hero to give the flag & country the middle finger...

23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, when you do get to watch the game, you will see Ben ignoring open receivers at/near the first down marker on 3rd down and instead opting for the lower percentage downfield throw. Our offense would be so much better if Ben would just take the check down 5 or 6 more times per game. It's getting old.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I guess I'm still missing the point, so I will give up. The team decided to stay in the tunnel to avoid the politics...good idea, and I commend them for it. One player, an Army Veteran, decides to pay honor to the flag he defended...good for him, he earned that right. Now, the team is divided because of it and seems to be at odds (at least according to us fans). Wow, seems to me like the only ones making a big deal about it are US FANS. Should the team have to explain what happened? Why do we feel the need to ask the question? Most importantly, why do we feel the need to give what happened any kind of value. I like football and you guys so much better when we are merely complaining about the QB, Bell not being at camp, TH should be fired as OC, MT should be fired, defense sucks (I could go on but you all get the picture).

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The fortunate thing for AV is he doesn't have to feel bad about his right to go against Tomlins wishes his moral compass probably set in and he felt dishonor once the National began to be sung. Oh well I'm sure the Rangers will take him back or he's a smart guy he can find employment not like he has no options.Just sayin!!