1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How will attendance be affected?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Thoughts on how attendance and ticket sales on the secondary market will be affected in the upcoming home games?

I personally think as long as we don't have a repeat that most will move on and things will not change much.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Slight dip then back up once the dust settles. It's an addiction and despite claims of walking away it just isn't going to happen.

Btw anyone know how to get on the season ticket waiting list? LOL. To soon?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It won’t.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Careful, don't want to start getting political! :rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Nothing will change on that front. They will get booed if they pull that **** at Heinz Field though.

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It's hard to say. It might make for a slight dip, and if there are repeats, then I agree, it might take a noticeable downturn IMO.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I hope people do quit going to Steelers games because of politics. Tickets and seats will be easier to come by. Win/win for me.

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Or as Groucho Marks once said: "I'd never join a Group that would have someone like me as a Member". :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It might affect it slightly. But, I doubt it be too down, people aren't going to eat money. Not saying that the really ticked off people won't sell their tickets.

10. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think you're spot on with that.

11. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Season ticket holders who are really peeved will likely sell their tickets. At face value, of course -- I'm sure they'd never think of profiting off this issue.

• Like Like x 1
  12. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I'm hearing a rumor that some fans are planning to skip the 1st quarter to protest the teams actions.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I was wondering about this as well. At first I thought they might let AV run out last but after seeing the **** storm he has started I think that would send a bad message to the players.

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Quite frankly, when I see a televised game at Heinz Field, it looks like at least 10-20% of fans skip the game altogether. But that's another issue entirely....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. niterider

Jan 19, 2012
    Stop trying to pin this mess on AV. He was the only one that did the right thing here.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    There's only so many seats in the stadium to begin with, I don't think that will be the biggest problem. The NFL as a whole and right now the Steelers are going to suffer in other ways and it's going to get a lot worse after this weekend once people start fighting back against sponsors, stop buying merchandise and ratings will continue to plummet. I think this weekend will have some really low ratings.

I heard a big shot say a year or two ago that the NFL would collapse and I thought he was out of his mind, not so much now, it won't be the same for a long time if ever and if they go the route the media has taken of doubling down on their BS, they are going to be real trouble when sponsors start losing money. I'm starting to wonder if Goodell was sent into the league just to help destroy it, if not, he is doing a good job at it anyway.

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

:rolleyes:

18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's because they are either at the concessions stand or the bathrooms ironically pretty close to when the Anthem is being played. Or at least that is my experience at other sporting events

19. niterider

Jan 19, 2012
    I don't think it's intentional but he has been a horrible Commish. :goodellsucks:

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Not just at the anthem. I remember years back when a playoff game or other big game at Heinz was on TV, the place would be a madhouse of screaming fans waving towels, especially when the opponent had the ball. When the playoff game vs Miami was on TV last January, it looked borderline dead in the stadium to me.

21. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers ran away with the game from the get go. Crowds tend to get more rowdy in a close game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. niterider

Jan 19, 2012
    Ticket sales is one thing but is a small source of revenue to the NFL. The majority of revenue sources is through TV agreements and Sponsors and THAT is where they stand to lose the most. It's much easier for a viewer to turn to a different channel than it is to give up your season tickets.

23. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Hmmmm.... well.... an interesting question. If they have too many more games like the collective egg they just laid in Chicago, that will likely affect attendance more than anything else.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Neither were wrong.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelAU

SteelAU Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    I think some of you have the right idea. Don't sell your tickets. In the end that is not a smart move, if you are a long time Steeler fan.

But, i wish there was a way for fans to show their disgust with when they decide to show their personal views on something important to them. A football game which is for entertainment is nOT the place IMO.

So if fans could get together and next game, simply leave the START of the 4th qtr. Just walk out, and let them know we don't appreciate disrespecting our flag. There are other ways to do the same, and get your social views out there. See how they feel when we are not there when they play the 4th.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.