1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Game Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 24, 2017.

1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    That wasn't heart, it was morons on a stand by parade float

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Your presumption is that the others didnt do what they thought was the right thing in a selfless manner. Which is nothing more than your own bias on the subject matter.

Villanueva did what he wanted. What he thought was And he is absolutely entitled to that, and no one should think anything negative about that choice.

But there is a hypocrisy in stating that the Villanueva should be admired for what he did, right after stating that you don't I think anyone should be doing anything to bring attention to themselves during the anthem, and calling such actions selfish.

I dont think Villanueva was being selfish
    I also don't think the originators of this protest were being selfish either

Im consistent.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Defense technically didn't play horrible. 14 points were their fault and 10 points were because of special teams. The problem is the Bears were one dimension; run right, run left, run right, run left and we couldn't stop them. So many missed tackles and ones that would have ended drives. That was the issue. Offense was horrible. Everybody is stacking the box against us. Bell is doing nothing and they are making Ben and our WR earn it. Same ol Tomlin coached Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    No one said anything about "self admiration"

Read what Steel Hack wrote, which I replied to.

If you don't think standing at the end of tunnel, while the rest of the team

Do you think Villanueva will have to answer questions about it? Do you think his teammates will?

The truth is.
    Villanueva, and many others, feels strongly about the flag and saluting the military
    Kaepernick, and many others, feel strongly about racial injustice.

They are both Americans, and have the right to those feelings, and the freedom to express them. There is no caveat. There is no, BUT, in this debate. It's American on both sides, and that's that.

Anyone who doesn't support BOTH sides of this issue... needs a civics lesson

5. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    You proposed self admiration with the hypocritical talk. Maybe you didn't mean too as Glenn didn't mean for the retort, but it is what it is. I don't believe AV made himself the center piece in a BS agenda by doing what he thought was right. I don't think acknowledging that fact makes it hypocritical in any fashion.

I do believe social media is gonna run with this because it's the hot topic of the day, and I do believe that there is no room for politics in sport... But if. The dummies want to bring it than its open season. My opinion of what is right and wrong don't matter to anybody and I know that.

But AV did what was right while the others bucked respect for trended beliefs. I Got a problem with that I do.
    Don't need it in the club house but here we go

6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    At least this was kept respectful for the most part.

But let's take that whole conversation elsewhere, gentlemen. I understand it's a hot topic. I understand people have strong reactions to it.

But we've stated repeatedly that we don't want politics on this board.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I saw an article that said AV jersey sales exploded today at fanatics.com

I like the sounds of that. Heck I may have to break my ban on buying anything NFL related until Roger Goodell is gone. AV is by far more of a man than most of us could ever hope to be.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I hope to order one tomorrow. He's a real steeler.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok. Last word on it. I think this statement is fair. I also don't know whether to laugh or cry:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Any words about Bell’s play? All I saw was red zone highlights..... he looked like the 3rd best RB on the field to me. Maybe he should call Dairy Queen to check on the status of his application.... or start training harder.

I think the whole team needs to get the chip off their shoulder and get working to get in sync NOW.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Mavrick331

Mavrick331 New Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I signed up 50 minutes ago, and my first post will be a vent. I have been a Steeler fan since 1974 since I was 12. Short story is I was a military brat who moved from San Antonio to Hawaii, our neighbors in SA moved to Hawaii at the same time with their 2 kids..they were Cowboy fans as I was "kinda", they were obnoxious as hell and when they asked if I was going to watch the Cowboys in the Super Bowl, I asked who are they playing..they said the Steelers...I have been a die hard fan since...

Fast forward to today, we lose to the Bears! WTF!!...seems like bad karma.. The team is in the locker room for the national anthem??? My wife and I went last year to Heinz to see us play the Cowboys (my second favorite teams is who ever is playing the cowboys)...we lost at the end of the game but we had a great time...would have liked to see a win thou.. We spent a week in PA and drove everywhere, nothing but great people and good times, blue collar folks and vets, it was awesome and we won't soon forget..

I can't believe the organization told the team to sit in the locker room, They should have let the players who love this country support it.. Somebody find me a Alejandro Villanueva jersey..

Rick

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd like to add that the Patriots won...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Tank for Saquan Barkley, let LeVeon leave as a FA :shrug:.

14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Yea, thanks.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Nothing new, todays loss and the way they won. Both teams stunk just one can finish a game

16. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you saying Ben is Road kill!!

17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I hate when that happens. Hope there's somebody out there who can end the Pats menace this year. Every time that team wins a championship is worse for the NFL.

18. T B

T B Active Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Disappointed on many levels today, (one made me change my avatar). Should have been a cake walk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Chiefs?

20. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Unfortunately this will get worse before it gets better snap up your chin straps folks!!!!:flag:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Yep I believe he will, and they all will be broached on the subject. I also believe AV's response will carry actual merit and the rest will skirt

22. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Yep, I do not believe in board politics but if the dummies want to go that route it's inevitable

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wouldn't say 10 points were on the special teams. Sure, Rogers fumbled to give the Bears the ball at the 29, but the defense still allowed Chicago to convert that into a touchdown. They also fell apart completely in that overtime. Sure, the officials gave Chicago a big hand by failing to call blatant holds on the long run by Cohen and the touchdown, but the defense still sucked on that drive after what had been a hell of a second-half performance.

24. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Someone's knocking at the door, who can it be!!!:butcher:

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    A centerpiece is exactly what he made himself... again there's nothing wrong with what he did. But you have to mental gymnastics to get around the fact that he felt his beliefs were more important.

I believe there is room for politics in all walks of life. The fact that we've spent a generation trying to segregate it from the daily aspects of life is how this country grew so ignorant in the first place.

You see a right/wrong, where there is only individual freedom