1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

From Bears' fans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Sep 19, 2017.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, but good teams on the road usually don't beat them very badly. Seattle for example...the Markus Wheaton highlight reel game. Steelers played well on offense, but our D crapped the bed and let Seattle run up the score.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Good team with a scrub QB filling in. Steelers lose to that team in the past and you know it.

Steelers D is legit, I have a feeling their secondary is better then usual too but not ready to make that claim until I see them against the better QBs in the league.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't mind the Steelers D giving up a couple of TDs to the better QBs in the league. (Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Ryan, Brees, etc) What p!sses me off to no end is when our supposedly "great" offense turtles up in the red zone and we kick field goals. When we lose to these QBs... this is precisely what happens. Either that or 3 and out and punt.

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    keep elite offenses under 30 and shutdown bad ones

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Ahhhh, the old Haley factor.

6. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Not all Bear fans think they can't win. This would be a classic Tomlin/Ben crap the bed game.

http://www.bearsfansonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11724&start=30

Glennon, Cohen, OL, TEs all execute better - no drops no turnovers.

WRs make a couple nice catches.

Defense tough at home, steal the ball.

Bears 24-23

[​IMG]

If you're being serious, I'm glad I'm not alone. lol

Bears D tough at home again. Bears don't turn it over. Steelers are their usual lackluster selves on the road.

This is the exact kind of game this team has pulled out of their asses over the years. Just when you think they're completely in the bag...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm very serious about the Steelers losing and I'm honestly not trying to rile my fellow Steelers fans.

I stated when the schedule came out, the Steelers would lose this game and the game at home vs. the Titans. I hope I'm wrong and I'm eating crow on Monday morning, but I don't think that is going to be the case. If the Steelers do win, it will be a low-scoring, ugly, frustrating game like the Browns game two weeks ago.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    lol even I don't wet the bed this much, cmon man

9. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    :lolol:

Well... I hope the Steelers win. I'll be rooting for them, but I don't think they will given their recent history. (Last 5 years)

It really is an awful trend they have going... losing to inferior teams.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Well, and we aren't talking about like 3-4 teams or something like that. The trend is losing to teams with 20% win records or worse. Cowher was not perfect, but he generally destroyed bad teams. Tomlin (and Ben?) just underestimates bad teams. You don't see Hoodie making that mistake.

11. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I used to think Tomlin was going to be a better coach than Cowher. I don't believe that anymore. Tomlin has to coach the Steelers to another Super Bowl victory before I say he is better than Cowher. Right now, I give the edge to Cowher simply because Cowher has more playoff wins (without a franchise-caliber QB) and rarely lost to inferior teams like Tomlin has.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Looks like our ole buddy Marcus Wheaton might be playing for the Bears this Sunday. That should be interesting..

Anxious to see the "human joystick" Tarik Cohen, he did pretty good in week 2. Plus 8 receps a game. Haley will be salivating with his McCluster flashbacks.

Defensively, looks like Adrian Amos lost his job to rookie Eddie Jackson and Kyle Fuller is 2nd string. I really liked both coming out, esp Fuller. He seems to have lost his confidence, he was supposed to be the best of all the Fuller bros.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Cohen scares me; he is explosive. Our D better be ready for him.

14. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Oh no... rat birds get blown out by the jags? 44 points on that great defense?? I'm telling you, they're garbage. Offensively without Yanda they have a bad OL, they have a bad receiving corps, they have a bad RB stable, and have a bad quarterback.... if they don't generate multiple turnovers during a game, they will lose.

15. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    You called it.