1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What ways can you watch the Steelers live if not brodcast?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Kel_In_PA

Kel_In_PA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I do something similar. I call in late August and complain that I am paying too much because I get both Sunday Ticket and Center Ice. Every year I get Center Ice at no charge. This year we upgraded to the ultra Hd box. They offered free HBO as an incentive. I asked for free Sunday Ticket instead and they agreed. If you call you will most likely get some type of discount, especially if you have been a customer for a few years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Don't think IOS has java since most streaming sites use it. I stream from a pretty good site, really good quality all free.

3. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    *triggered*

4. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Could you please message me the site? I'd really appreciate it.

5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I meant flash but it seems there might be 3rd party browsers that support it

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    What is your current thought?

I have DishNetwork but they dropped all regional sports. I have slow DSL so no streaming. Also no cable. I’m in a rural area.

I think my only option is DirectTV

• Like Like x 1
  7. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    It will be interesting to see if they allow Directv to provide service to people like you when they (likely) lose Sunday Ticket next year. The only thing I can think of would be streaming via Starlink. Not exactly inexpensive from what I have heard.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m not sure what you mean?

Right now AT&T sportsnet is on DirectTV and they show Pirates and Penguins. I’m in the home area of Steelers so I can get the games on local channels on DirectTV.

At least I think so.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If you're limited on internet speed Sunday ticket is probably your best option. I've heard some good things about Big Bubba tv streaming, but you have to have a reliable internet service. I don't take you for one of those cheapskate broke dick MFers. You only live once.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Not a cheapskate but the rest of the sentence is probably accurate :smiley1:

I can get the Steeler games on my local TV channels. What I can’t get now is Pirates and Penguins because they are now on AT&T Sportsnet which Dish dropped. The slow internet is all that people in rural areas can get. I pay extra to get the best my DSL can provide and my internet speed is 1-2 mps on a good day, in the kilobytes on bad days. And cable doesn’t exist here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I know it's just a small component of the entire package, but you can proudly state that when TB retires from the field you are helping provide him gainful employment. BTW I guess I am just to cheap. I have no TV. If I can't find it streaming on my laptop I listen to the radio. Lol

12. Steelersfan4life

Steelersfan4life Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2022
    I have Xfinity but have been using the Sunday Ticket app the last two years for just over $100 per season on a student discount since I take night courses. A friend of mine told me about it, they use their son's college info to get their discount. The Steelers bar I go to is a lot more fun but would cost me triple if not more then the Sunday Ticket costs if I went there every week for non televised games in my area.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Firestick with endzone app, any game whether it be NFL, College, NBA, MLB. I only have 6mb internet and the buffering isn’t too bad, I also have YouTube tv that I watch most the games on.

14. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Oh, I guess I was confused since you responded to a comment about Sunday Ticket. Obviously you don't need Sunday Ticket to get the games then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So does Directv have the pirates and Penguins games?

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If his internet is as bad as he says Firestick probably isn’t going to be good.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Holy crap. Blast from the past. New Dune and Batman movies are kickass. HBO is definitely worth the $7.50 I pay per month.

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We have been talking about both those movies on the other part of the message board....:shrug:
    Why haven't You contributed???

19. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Back in the long ago, I used to listen to the local radio broadcast on the computer with the one and only Myron Cope. I was rockin' that dial up connection back when I was too cheap for Sunday Ticket. Now I have to sell a kidney for it but jokes on them, my kidneys are s$!t anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Apparently yes, they broadcast AT&T sports net who shows both

• Like Like x 1
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You know what you gotta do

• Like Like x 1
  22. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I have had Sunday ticket for maybe 20 years

I've paid for it maybe 2 times and that was only because I was under contract and couldn't cancel

Make the call talk about switching to cable and they almost always throw it in for free

"yeah, I'm trying to get my bill down my local cable company is offering me a deal to switch and all I really watch is NFL anyway... so I thought i would see if you have any promotions going on before I commit to switch... what's that? $20 off for the next year and free Sunday ticket.... that sound s great thank you so much"

HACK

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I head to the sportsboard that has a Steelers fan club or I watch on YouTubeTV.

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I forget about the other forums. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    à la carte 2023 hopefully! There was some Apple discussion about that possibly.
    Thursday night Amazon may just be a preview of what's to come.

I have too many trees, so DirecTV gave me a waiver for "no line of sight".
    That allowed me to be able to stream the NFL Sunday Ticket without having DirecTV package. $199 for the season, Game Day, and NFL Network.
    I used Roku or my iPad.