1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell applying for work at Dairy Queen

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Sep 1, 2017.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    :facepalm:

This is all ABs fault imo. This dude hasn't grown up and they all look up to him.

1) He held out previous 2 seasons then has the nerve to tell Bell to show up.

2) He was recording in the locker room the other day AGAIN. That started the whole freestyle bs.

Got Bell all riled up and now he's doing this for attention.

Cowherd said yesterday Steelers are closest NFL team that has a NBA locker room. There's a reason Pittsburgh doesn't have a NBA team. This nonsense isn't accepted.

Actually starts with Tomlin and trickles down to AB and then everybody else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Are you sure he's not going to work at that Taco place?

That would be a natural fit.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Maybe they are doing all this for fun but I wished they'd be focused on winning a ring. You don't see all this crap coming out of the cheatriots. As bad as I hate them, bellicheat would never put up with all this garbage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    well he has to make up that difference from 12 mil to 17 mil somehow. it ain't comin from the steelers any time soon. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Say what you want about AB, and he IS immature and a diva, but his work ethic is second to none. He deserves every penny of his contract.

Bell does not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I will say I'm not sure I like what's happening in the locker room.

Will Joe Haden help?

Where is Cam Heyward? Ben? Decastro?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The fact that cowherd said it makes me think better about it. He knows nothing. Look bell is immature and i think brown grew up alot the past few months. A wr saying anything doesnt mean much to me. U want a feel for the locker room, listen to the big boys and they have told him to get here.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Links are helpful.

Bell is a grown man responsible for his own actions. Blaming others is a load of crap.

Does #1 refer to AB? He never held out 1 season let alone 2.

As for #2, there isnt a locker room in the league that doesnt have guys doing it. AB crossed the line last year doing while Tomlin addressed the team.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    On my phone but people are talking about it. Last night Bell went to Dairy Queen and was filling out a job application on Snapchat.

I know AB didn't hold out long but didn't he miss a day or 2? He definitely threatened it.

I agree about his work ethic but sadly I don't see that inspiring as many as him snapping 84/7.

Tomlin addressed it. Yet, he's still doing it.

10. tangofoxwhiskey

tangofoxwhiskey Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Dairy Queen franchised tagged him for minimum wage and a uniform, but he's holding out for money and making a rap video about how much Baskin Robbins pays.

Edit: Wow, Bell actually did this. I thought this was a joke thread at first. Last year as a Steeler.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    His agent floated that he may hold out. AB quickly squashed it. Never missed time.

Bell needs to seriously grow up. Im not sure if hes just having fun with all this but between the last several days and his not being in camp, its painting an ugly picture of him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    AB never held out. He missed a voluntary camp last year. 1 practice and quickly stated that he wasn't holding out and this is just the Steelers way.

14. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Is the RB position set to be the new diva position?

Gurley tweeting at #26 saying Bell deserves 20M/yr.

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    thats a lot of blizzards to sell if he expects that much. sure you can crazy pirate. :smiley1::cool:

16. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'll be honest, I think Lev Bell is gone after this season... Not available in the big games and he is a knucklehead...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Between Watson and James Conner I think Bell better get his azz into work. Bell said on Twitter this is his last year in Pittsburgh, right? I THINK I heard that. I got a feeling he will work for 12 mill this year and look for a job next year. I don't think we will pay him 17 mill per year when he seems to go into china doll mode at the end of seasons. Just don't think we (Steelers) work that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It is NOT AB's fault. Bell is a grown man who makes his own decisions, and is being a weenie IMO. The CBA was a negotiated agreement that benefits the players as well as the owners. We're seeing more and more players try to selectively accept the revenue sharing, minimum team and player salaries and other benefits of the CBA, while ignoring the benefits that the owners get (including the leverage of the tags). It's bush league behavior, and it goes on elsewhere.

It's not like the team has offered him an unfair, sub-market deal. If this is going to be a distraction, I'd be happy trading him for a player who can help us now plus picks. I've always been a RB by committee guy anyway, and though Bell is a unique back, there's too much "buyer beware" in him to pay huge guarantees.

The problem with trying to trade him is that there's probably not a team in the league who will meet his demands. There's been dumb money tossed around by desperate teams, but $15+ million per year (with guarantees typical for that sized contract) for a RB is a new level of dumb IMO.

If he really does hold out, it will hurt our season immeasurably.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I wonder if he put on the application Last Years Wages Earned and Expected Starting Pay for new position?

20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    When did AB hold out again?

21. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Please see Ben's comment in my signature line below. He said this last season but I'm not sure it still doesn't apply. If Tomlin doesn't get a handle on this idiocy, I'm afraid it will ultimately be our achilles heal and prevent us from reaching the promised land with the current cast of characters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I'm over him already. I'd rather have a RB who's not as good who wants to win than some idiot with a huge ego and unreasonable demands.

I think this could be a case of addition by subtraction. It's not good to have your offense so dependent on one player. As we have seen the last few years, when he's out, the offense struggles way too much. Time to find a better balance. They are great when Bell is in there, but he hasn't shown he's in it for the long haul. Time for a new RB and #2 WR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't care how much talent LB has.

He has never finished a season.

He's one failed test from being suspended for a year.

And he can whine about RBs being paid less all he wants, but the reality is this isn't a RB driven league anymore. Partly due to their short shelf life. Partly because fewer teams have feature backs. And mostly because it hasn't been a run first league for a long time now. You want that kind of money? Redefine the position. Be so dominant that you eclipse everyone who came before you. He hasn't done that either.

You were offered MORE than your fair share and you whined about it like a baby. Get to work.

• Agree Agree x 4
  24. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I expect Bell to sign his tag by Monday and be at practice next week for the Cleveland game..........

25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Royal douche. Bell better produce.