1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Dungy . . .

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Fugitive60, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    is a scumbag. That is all.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    ??

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

If I were to bet Dungy said something that the op disagrees with.

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Honestly, Tony Dungy is a man of great reputation and well thought of throughout the league. He is also a former Steeler. He is also a man that has dealt with great personal tragedy in a very classy and dignified way. Never really was a fan of his coaching style and the Colts were my sworn enemy but to say that he's a "scumbag" is a rather perplexing statement for me personally.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I think he gave money to remove confederate statues.

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Next, demands will be made to rename 10 Army bases which are named after confederate generals and one reb colonel, these bases are all located in the south, I was stationed at 3 of them during my time in the Army, the pentagon says there are no plans to rename these bases at this time, but this push to take down confederate statues mostly in the south is gaining steam, should they be destroyed or not is a state by state matter. There is a movement underway to get the Army to rename their bases as well as removing confederate busts and statues from the capitol building and grounds. As for Dungy he is always pushing for blacks in the NFL to advance as coaches and players, as for being a great coach thats debatable, he has to share that honor with peyton manning...

TIME:
    All 10 of the bases are located in the Confederacy, stretching from Virginia to Texas. And some of the honored officers, frankly, don’t appear to deserve celebration:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  7. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Tony Dungy, great guy, end of discussion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What a dumb post, Dungy has always been a class act and a Christian. Just because he gave money to help remove a Confederate statue doesn't make him a scumbag.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Dungy is a great guy. That is all!

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Final score, 11 votes for Tony being a good guy and one for him being a scum bag. I think we found a member on the far left side of the IQ bell curve.

11. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Guess that member is exercising their right to exercise their right to free opinion. That's all

• Agree Agree x 1