1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant not cleared to practice yet

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jul 27, 2017.

1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The NFL is saying Bryant still hasn't got a treatment center in Pittsburgh but I thought that was part of his conditional reinstatement.

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He has paid his dues for his transgressions.. Let the man back on the field. The team doesnt know why he's not back on the field, Bryant doesnt know, the media doesnt know, the fans doesn't know. All the nfl spoke person continue to say is that he still have some things to get done. This is garbage.... (bad)dell because there is nothing good about the commish

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    He's close to returning. He had his pads last night but Colbert had to stop him and take them when he was getting off the bus. He should be back soon and with the NFL looking into medical MJ soon he could be able to smoke all he wants lol.

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    What a frustrating turn of events for all involved. You would think Bryant or someone from the team would ask the NFL directly what are the final requirements that are not being fulfilled. Maybe they have and the NFL is to blame? Who knows really....but the way it looks from the outside, is that the NFL doesn't have all the criteria exactly lined out or are revising their criteria in the middle of this whole process. You would think there would be a step by step process laid out in this policy. Fulfill 1 through 10 and we will reinstate.

If Bryant is missing something, you would think Colbert would tell an assistant to grab little Martavis' hand and drag him down to XYZ and fill out ABC. It's not worth the distraction if its on the player's/team's side to go through one final hoop.

7. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I see lots of posts griping about the NFL or Godell for the delay in Bryant's reinstatement. But which of these two scenarios is easier to believe:

1) the NFL for purely petty chicken scratch reasons is dragging this out, just to PO Bryant, the Stillers and the NFLPA

Or
    2) a young dumbass, with repeated examples thereof, didn't follow thru on meeting his requirements, didn't set up his counseling, didn't sign all his papers, didn't mail them back, etc etc.

Scenario 2 is to me far, far more plausible. Bryant is the guy who needs reinstatement, it's his job to see it through. If he doesn't it ain't the league offices job or the Steelers office job to do it for him. I suspect stuff he could have done a month ago,he didn't bother doing till he got to camp, so now he has to wait for the bureaucracy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

Given what we know about Goodell, scenario one becomes pretty plausible to me. It wouldn't be the first time he or the NFL has acted in a very arbitrary manner.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Hmm... superstars like those do not affect ratings? Intriguing.

For your second part of your comment.. my mistake. Point is that generating controversy does incite interest.

10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Well... I would not say that.

You found enough interest to comment.

11. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    How about this scenario... just tell everyone what you need...nfl (bad)dell...
    and if its truly bryant being a bonehead then we can place the blame on him. But as it stands now...the coaches or organization doesnt know what they need.

12. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It is definitely frustrating for the Steelers, and the fans, that no one seems to know WTF is needed or what exactly Bryant needs to do. Apparently Bryant thought he was ready but is short of something, and nobody is saying what it is. If everybody does know what is short, they are not saying what it is. Thats the frustrating part, just get it done and move on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Why aren't the Steelers giving a more direct response? I think they owe the fans of
    the organization an explanation. This man should be cleared to go back to work. AND IF NOT WHY?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. black hat

black hat Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The reason, I suspect is "HIPAA." There are a host of confidentiality issues to consider when the issue is substance abuse.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    There is no timeline that Goodell has to follow to reinstate, he can take as long as he likes.

If it were just Bryant saying he has done everything he was supposed to, I could see having doubts about the truth of that but the Steelers said he has done everything needed for reinstatement and have expressed frustration with the league.

16. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm in the medical field...so, I'm well versed in the rules,laws,bi-laws, in's and out's of Hipaa. The nfl under (bad)dell (because thrre is nothing good about him)...hasn't abided by the hipaa laws from day one. All of your personal info is released at his discretion. He was given all power in that sucker contract that the players sign. If this was n.e, dallas, gb, balt, or the giant ..
    just to name a few... this would've never occurred. They do their suspension and come back and play. Even after multiple accounts

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I am very hesitant to say that ole Roger or the NFL has an axe to grind with the Steelers, one of their most popular teams. I still believe, (just a hunch on my part) that the NFL doesn't have their policy fully formed and they don't want to set a precedent with this reinstatement. Who has come back after a year suspension for substance abuse? I'm sure there are some but I cant think of any right now. Josh Gordon has not come back, nor has Justin Blackmon. Daryl Washington, LBer for AZ, just came back after 3 years!!
    I just think they are revising the policy or making sure they have all their Ts crossed for future players, like Justin Gilbert who just got suspended. I'm sure there are many stamps of approval needed by certain areas of the NFL and someone raised a concern that is delaying the process. All just a guess on my part.

It could be something as simple as what agencies are approved by the NFL to be listed as the players rehab facilities. You could speculate on and on...

And to those who think the Steelers aren't doing what they can to help Bryant get back, I would say you are in the minority. They want him on the field. They can't make Bryant stay clean, but they can help him out with the paperwork side of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Bryant says he has done all they asked him to do, yet he is still not allowed to practice. Bryant came to Friday night practice in pads ready to practice with the team but they had to stop him when he got off the bus, now to me that sounds like a person who is not with it, so I think Bryant doesn't know what the he** is going on and I agree with some here, he probably neglected to do things he was supposed to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok, what?! Nfl, let us All know what it is...so that, we can get it completed and move forward. They are making up the rules as we go along. My question is, why haven't Mr. Rooney stepped in with his inquiries/demands?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Even though I dislike both of them, Jerry Jones, and Robert Kraft, they would be all over this. Sometimes I think the Rooneys are just too nice and dont want to make waves.

21. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    according to rotoworld, Ben, Brown, Bell and Bryant played together in the last 10 games of 2014 and the offense scored an average of 31.2 points per game. If that had been for a full 16 game season that would have placed in the top 20 all-time.

22. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Ok reports are the steeers believe he will be back this week.

23. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Woulda, shoulda, coulda. All talk, lets prove how great this offense is. Especially in red zone.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Nice. Steelers will be a tough out if those guys can stay on the field.

Obviously they've proved they can put the points up when all are playing.

25. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    No didn't read it.