1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you draft this player

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Jul 30, 2017.

1. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    4.6 40 yard dash -- 24 reps bench press -- 31.5 vert jump -- 118 broad jump -- 6.75 cone drill --
    4.24 20 yard cone shuttle

Taller back who presents a big target for defenders to hit, especially when failing to lower his pads going into the hole. Size also limits his breakaway speed and ability to create on his own if challenged by better front sevens. Sub par vision prevents him from seeing cut back lines and sees him running up the back of his lead blocker too often. Pass protection form is inconsistent, has size to handle rushers or at least push them around the pocket, but often moves his feet too slowly or tries to cut instead of setting to anchor. Holds the ball away from his body at times, though he doesn't fumble very often.

He has monster size, but also shows nimble feet. Can make people miss at any level of the field, but doesn't have very good vision. As the season progressed, his lateral agility declined. He proved capable of handling a tremendous amount of touches. To become a full-time back though, he will need to continue to improve his ability as a pass catcher or become a more consistent blocker, in addition to improving his vision as a runner.

2. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    only if that guy didn't want 15 mil.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You go back and read most of these evaluations of players by these so called experts and all you can do is shake uour head. I believe what I see on the field on gameday.
    I know this next statement is not football but is a great example of evaluations by the experts. KD formerly of Okc and now a champion with the warriors. He was the laughing stock of the nba evaluation. Vouldnt bench press, skinny, wouldnt be able to post.
    Again, I believe what I see with own eyes

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Don't forget the body type transformation that L Bell went through between his first and second seasons. I don't think he would be the back he is today had he not cut all that bad weight.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Always , always take the eye ball test. And if given the oppurtunity the cream will always
    rise to the top.

8. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Love that. "Poor vision" kinda cracked me up. It just shows you how far heart and work etchic can take you. He worked on the things that people thought he was weak at... and now those are some of his greatest strengths. Good on Le'Veon, and he's going to be rewarded for it $$$.

Even "experts" can't predict a players future. I bet Trent Richardson's draft profile made him sound like the second coming of Adrian Peterson lol

9. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    how do you have nimble feet but still moves feet to slow in blocking