1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will The Steelers Win A Super Bowl Before Ben Retires?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Jul 14, 2017.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't think we are going to be disappointed at all by tj. he's just an added piece. by the way, that freak of nature has missed a lot of games. he's not super human by any means.

this quote was meant to be twofold. the steelers as little brother to the pats and tj as the little brother to jj, that can help us. tj is going to help our defense and we are not the little brother to any team. we didn't have all our horses last year. i wish our fans would realize that. we not only get a couple of wounded warriors back this year plus some fire power on offense but we have added to what we were building on. this will be a much better team than last year. we are not a little brother to anyone. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Keep in mind, the only person who thinks he is the little brother to the Pats is Ben. The only chance we have of beating the Pats is if the little brother gets tired of being pushed around and gets the balls to kick his big brothers butt. Until I see and hear that attitude, I have to go with no we won't beat them. So far, I'm still waiting for little brother to grow up. Not whine and pout about retiring. Elite players alway put up and stand up. Show me.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. theRealeHarris

theRealeHarris Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    That's exactly it...blitz the heck out of Brady in the first half. Eventually he'll manage something. But build a first half lead reliant on our big offense. Second half, keep the pressure up on both sides of the ball and hold on for dear life and a birth in the Superbowl

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    When has the Steelers ever gotten consistent pressure on Brady with a 3 man rush? Um never :shrug:.

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The answer is no we can't beat the Pats..The only road is for another Team to beat them for us..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Do Brady & The Cheats lose to teams playing a 3-4?

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    That, and having your (non-blitzing) LBs take up a decent zone position - something that we didn't do enough in the AFCCG. One of the reasons so many gaps appeared in coverage.

8. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am an extremely positive person, so I believe they can do it. If They win this year, I hope Ben stick around one more year after that (since he talked about contemplating retirement) because back2back would be awesome! He could go out like Elway since that was his idol growing up.

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Don't the Broncos run a 3-4? Broncos have beaten the Patriots soundly over the past 4-5 years.

10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep, they're a 3-4.

The record between them is 3-3 since 2013. Not quite sound beatings, but a better record than most of late. And importantly, two of the Broncos wins were in championship games.

• Informative Informative x 1