1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Deion Says We Are A CB Away From Winning Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Boomer, Jul 1, 2017.

1. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    And the last 2 super bowls our corners stunk, against Green Bay, and Arizona.

2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Corners did alright in the packer game, the safety and linebacker play was at fault mostly, we won the AZ game with a solid team effort and a TD pick by harrison contributed big in that win:

The key play in the packer game was a 38-yard catch on third-and-10 by Jordy Nelson past Ryan Clark and around James Farrior. That set up an 8-yard touchdown pass from Rodgers to Greg Jennings on a corner route past Defensive Player of the Year Troy Polamalu, who thought he was going to see the same route up the middle Jennings ran earlier.

“Completely my fault,” Polamalu said. “I guessed wrong.”

3. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    True for the most part, but I also remember Gay getting beat a couple of times in the Green Bay game, mostly because it was right in front of where I was sitting.

4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    But Mendenhall had a crucial fumble that resulted in a pack TD, and Ben threw 2 picks that resulted in TDs for the pack 1 was a pick 6, they actually gave that game away to the packers on offense more than on the defensive side of the ball....I think this sums it up...

Associated press
    Pittsburgh turned over the ball three times, and all three miscues were followed by Green Bay touchdowns. The Packers didn't give it up once, allowing them to prevail when they were outgained (387-338 in total yards), had the ball nearly 7 minutes less than the Steelers and barely mustered a running game (50 yards on just 13 carries).

"When you turn the ball over like we did," Mendenhall said, "you put yourself in a bad position."

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Artie looked pretty rough out there last year... he got by on shear athleticism alone. Hopefully he makes a jump.

6. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'm pretty sure that there is some stat that says "No team that has ever thrown a Pick 6 during the Super Bowl has gone on to win" Don't know where I heard that, but that is what I remember.

7. tangofoxwhiskey

tangofoxwhiskey Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2015
    That was true until the last Super Bowl, when Atlanta got a pick 6 and then choked epically.