1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wow, this video makes me have hope for this season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Jun 26, 2017.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Kind of sad it takes a couple talking heads to give you hope. Hopefully Ben has figured out the cause of his road issues and the defense takes another step.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Knew how much it meant not to have Bryant before the first snap of last season. They are a TD better a game with him and takes the double team off of AB.

He is a huge asset to the team. Hopefully he has put his troubles behind him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Hopefully he has.

As much as I am a fan of JuJu's ability to combat catches and Justin Hunters athletic traits, neither can truly replicate what Martavis can do.

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    With AB, Bryant, JuJu, Eli Rogers, Justin Hunter, Hey Bey, Eli Rogers, and Sammie Coates (with unbroken fingers)

I'm not sure how in today's NFL you get a WR corps that is better than that.

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    there are several teams that can mirror our WR core, or better.

However you can't tell me they have a better #1 and #2

7. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    This offense "should" be unstoppable

This could be one of those teams that has the talent to threaten to go undefeated for the season if we can get a firm top 10 defense (finished 12th in 2016). There's at least one just about every year. Now only of the coaches game strategies can catch up to the players talent level and potential.

8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    For every great O, there is a brilliant D scheme. Trick is, getting the D where it needs to be and putting the O situationally into good spots. They've had a damn good O, that not only situationally craps the bed time after time but add to it a lackluster D to cover the whiffs.

I think there has been some attention paid to detail and we shall see! Im pretty charged up bout this season... Let's gooooooooooo

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree but how does this even begin to explain the Pats success this last year without perhaps their second best player/best receiver?:shrug:

10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

JuJu isn't supposed to replicate Martavis.

You seem to have forgotten they still had/have Bennet. He's not exact replacement for gronk, but he's still an outstanding te. They also had a rookie running back that stepped up in a huge way. Make no mistake the pats are loaded at wr.

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Nor did I say he should. :beee:

JuJu is a bevy of contingency plans. Using him to replicate Martavis alone would be asinine. If anything, Justin Hunter as a "better" chance of doing that given he too is a speedster.