1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Lizard72, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    OMG! I was on pins and needles!

No way Ottawa should have made it that close. Anderson got hot at the right time the only way they score is with those screens!

Sid just kept coming and gets the last laugh on those punks.....

Got another tough series against a bigger more physical team coming up!

If we were a week earlier with our flight I might have been able to get to one of the games....

• Like Like x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    My heart is just racing, not since the Nedved winner against Washington have I been this up and down. The March continues 12 down 4 to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You know I've noticed this all play-offs.

The Pens players don't play to the crowd when they score.

They immediately go to each other on the ice and the bench. There's not a lot of showboating and mugging.

Truly playing like a team that wants to win for each other!

4. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Everything is playing out the way I thought it would. One more series to win and the repeat will be done. Then on to the three-peat next year. It's fun to see the talking heads and everyone else starting to believe the repeat.

5. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The 4 day rest is what the Pens needed. It sounds like Horn should be back on the ice for Mondays' game. That will be a big plus for the Pens. Of course after the Pens win it all everyone, especially the know it all talking heads, will tell us they thought the Pens would repeat all along. They just didn't believe it enough to take that position before the season started.

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Have you looked ahead at the TV schedule for the SCF? Glad Direct TV has "My Teams" auto-find - the switching back and forth between network and cable for a final series makes no sense to me unless they're just trying to prop up their cable station NBCS with a few games. It's not like they're going to pre-empt something great on network TV this time of the year. Will Doc still be calling the games now that the Eastern Conference series has ended? He's a huge Pirate fan and I can't help but think he has some fondness for the Pens as well. PBP hockey announcing has to be the most challenging of all sports out there. Sure wish they could figure out how to show action along the boards on the camera side of the rink - again, the only sport where 15+% off the action is never shown on camera

7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I have Direct TV so I can watch as much of the SCF as I want. The problem is that I don't care too much for hockey as a sport so I probably will watch very little of the games. The Pens just looked like a good bet to win it all last year and this year so I bet them to win both years. I look for opportunities to win money to donate to the 2 animal charities I'm trying to help a little.
    My target is to donate $20,000 to each of the 2 charities this year so a Pens Stanley Cup win would be a good start because I can wait until matching funds are available for both charities and the 5K to each charity becomes 10K.

8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Been lucky I've been able to catch it on AFN HD Sports channel. Next year every channel will be HD.

Hockey needs HD to grab the market.

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    dryer.jpg

So I was just doing some laundry before tonight's game and Sid came over to help. My whites have never been whiter....

10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I remember when he came on the David Letterman show and Dave showed that. I think they even brought the actual dryer onto the stage and they shot the puck at it. Not sure though, I believe it was his rookie season.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Crazy game. Looked like they were happy to flip and cover most of the game.

Did not look fresh at all. They're going to need to end this in 5 or less. They looked slow to the puck in their own building!

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Whoa Daddy! :bowdown::dancing::drinks:

Again - outplayed most of the way but so damn efficient - 5 goals out of 11 SOG - I'll take it. Peckerino looks very beatable. Jimmy Fallon would say: "Thank you James Neal for a very stupid penalty and thank you HD replay cameras" - superb challenge by the Pens coaches.

Oli Matta reminds me of a certain Steeler QB around 1995 whose name shall not be repeated - he consistently completes passes to the guys in the other jerseys! :facepalm: Is he just sloppy or lacking skills? Drives me crazy.

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Predators fans are confident.

I basically said they played their best and we played worst and still won.

Horse shoe up our ass lol

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Maata sucks lol

15. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Everyone has bad games. When you can win a bad game you know things will work out right
    Pens in six - Repeat Stanly Cup winners.

16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You're so right Fan. Many think that regardless of the sport that if you lose close games, you're team is very good and "almost" there. The opposite is true - bad teams consistently lose close games (with a few blowouts along the way). Not saying the Preds are bad - they have had an awesome underdog run this year (like the Steelers in 2005).

With a few more losses like this one and we may be looking at the Revenge of the Ugly Seahawk fan base in Nashville. They have to be miffed at the game 1 outcome. Cue the rotting catfish corpses!

17. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Way to go boys. Give them and inch and they will kick the doors in. Go Pens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The Pens should be called the Lightning - nothing, nothing.......and then out of nowhere they unleash fire and brimstone and holy hell. Murray>Peckerino. :thumbs_up:

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Pens need to find a replacement for Maatta - he's really bad - can't pass, can't defend - would have been another shutout but for his horrible play at the net tonight (well at least he didn't kick it in his own net like a certain team seems to be perfecting :facepalm:)

20. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm starting to think a sweep isn't out of the question.
    The Pens by far are, without any doubt, the better team.
    I'm really thinking a three-peat is a possibility.

21. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Sweep would be nice but I'd like to see them give the fans in Pittsburgh a treat and win the Cup on home ice.

22. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    That would be nice but Nashville is so hyped about their fans and their building it would be nice to put the knife in and twist it in front of them. Either way works as long as the Pens just win the Cup again this year.

23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Two premiere goalies that the media has been endlessly fawning over have been chased in consecutive series. Priceless.

24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Love the Pens but hate everyone talking three peat already. Can we just win back to back Stanley Cups first? It's the toughest sport at the highest level. Try not to get ahead of ourselves by ridiculous expectations.

GO PENS!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  25. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I think I am the only one talking three-peat just like I was the only one talking repeat this time last year. The expectation is no more ridiculous than calling the repeat at this time last year. The back to back is as good as done. So thanks for the advice but that's the way I have lived my life for 72 years, I don't wait until some thing is as good as done before I jump on the bandwagon. I call it and bet it as soon as I see the opportunity. If you take a more wait and see approach that's fine. We both want the Pens to win Stanley Cups.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017