1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Best available TE

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steely_mcbeam, May 22, 2017.

1. Steely_mcbeam

Steely_mcbeam New Member

May 22, 2017
    I really think we should try to sign Gary Barindge. I think he would thrive in our offense

2. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    honestly the browns have to let these type veteran players go, they have 36+ draft picks from the past three years to deal with... plus they sign top FA's ... someone has to be released. Barnidge has to be better then most of our TE's on the roster now at catching the ball and YAC...

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Personally I'm fine with the current TEs. L Green if he were to play this next year was just icing as I really didn't expect much out of him, with the injuries and all.

I'd say keep the cap space in case someone goes down in TC or preseason.

4. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hopefully Grimble is fired up with the current situation and sees a big opportunity in front of him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Jesse "bang bang" James and the X man will be fine. Plus, you never know what you will find in training camp. We always get lucky with a few surprise players

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Grimble can get open, I'm just worried about his hands.

7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Several teams are interested in Barnidge including the broncos, he will be signed soon by someone, he had a cheap contract so that isnt a concern, dont know if we have talked with him or not I guess tomlin is convinced that either of the 2 rookies odom or orndoff will make the roster........

8. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    he needs to learn to block to play here

9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I thought he came up with some good grabs when he got targeted... Never seen an issue with his mitts but then again I do partake of the frothy brew a bit come game time

• Like Like x 1
  10. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    He looks like a pretty good pass blocker to me:

• The Cleveland Browns released TE Gary Barnidge after selecting David Njoku in the first round of the draft.

• Barnidge ranked first among all NFL tight ends in pass-blocking efficiency in 2016.

• Barnidge also ranked first among TEss in Pro Football Focus’s pass-blocking grade in 2016 with only 3 total pressures allowed.

• Barnidge only gave up 5 total pressures in 2015.

11. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
  12. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    The dude is 31 over the hill.
    Personally I'm with you. Barnidge is 31. X and JJ are 24 and 22 according to the Steelers roster. We just need the WRs to man up. If MB can stay clean, he can play like a light tight end in appropriate formations. The Greene experiment was dumb. Dumb because of the money. The Steelers are just fine at tight end.

13. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Hard to call a tight ends career over at 31, too many TEnds over age 30 plus like witten and gates and 5 or 6 others still under contract, Barnidge just needs a chance to play for a good team....

Last edited: May 31, 2017