1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fond memories... 2005 vs the colts on YouTube

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WinTheNorth, May 25, 2017.

1. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    For those who are interested... I came across this on YouTube the other day. I watched through halftime last night. I had totally forgotten that was Heath's rookie season. Please.... don't spoil the ending for me :hehehe:

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I have the 95 AFCCG versus the Colts on VHS somewhere in a box in the basement.

3. tangofoxwhiskey

tangofoxwhiskey Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2015
    I was twelve kinds of PO'd when the refs reversed (flat out stole) Troy's INT. Joey Porter practically turned into the Hulk after that. He went on a sack rampage. The fumble, the tackle, the icing of the kicker, the miss... it was a great game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. WinTheNorth

Oct 16, 2011
    This is almost certainly better video quality :)

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah when they reversed that play....just....oh the screaming. The screaming. Dude. I STILL get mad just thinking about it and we WON! People wanna talk about games being fixed because of big comebacks or whatever but if you ever wanted to talk about the league flat out favoring a team and flat out cheating in front of everyone then this would be Exhibit A. Then the next day AFTER we win the game in spite of the idiot moron refs the league comes out and goes "Oh. Sorry Troy. Yeah that was a pick". Then they made me even MORE mad! LOL! Joey Porter was literally calling the refs cheaters right there on the field. The only time in all of my fandom that I can remember my blood getting as close to boiling as it was in that game was in the bungles playoff game when Burfict kneed Ben in the shoulder and head hunted AB. I went to a different place during that game. My wife was saying that she had never seen me like that before and she has been a witness to many tantrums. LOL!

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This was the game where and elderly couple that were friends with my mom and dad and have known me since I was old enough to get haircuts from the husband, came over and visited my folks, next thing you know the call back Troy's interception and the Bettis fumble. THen during the SB they came over as well and Ben threw that pick going into the endzone, I almost wanted to say thanks for the nice night now go home you are jixing us.

7. tangofoxwhiskey

Dec 8, 2015
    Agree with everything you said. I'll never forget Joey Porter's performance, though. Even with his helmet on, you could see and feel the rage coming off #55 after Troy got robbed. After he killed the Colts drive with back to back sacks of Peyton Manning, he screamed at the refs, "Cheat that!"

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yep. What's ironic is that Cowher was often pretty hot headed but in that moment he totally stayed composed. That was just a masterful gameplan on both sides of the ball. That might have been the best game of Lebeau's career right there too. Especially since we had gotten beat by them earlier that year.

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I watched the 05 Colts game with a preacher buddy of mine that likes the pats so he was dying for Manning to lose. Well once it got deep in the 4th he called a girl we go to church with to brag that Peyton had choked again. I was like "Dude don't be counting your chickens until they hatch" and he was like "Come on dude it's totally over". Then........ oh man then...... I was ready to strangle him. LOL!

10. WinTheNorth

Oct 16, 2011
    RPO posted an article earlier this week talking about the mindset of the players we drafted. The thread's conversation circled around the "will to win"... this game smacked of that (of course we also had better talent in many/most of the positions). Hmmm there's an interesting question. Besides AB and Bell... is there a starter on the 2016 team (or projected 2017)
    that you think is better than their counterpart on the 2005 team? I think Harrison edges Porter when both are in their prime but I'm not sure 2016 Harrison > 2005 Porter.

11. FSUBobcat7

FSUBobcat7 Member

Mar 16, 2016

Steelers lost 27-24 on a 59 yard field goal at the horn by Mike Vanderjack. Hit left upright, then the crossbar and bounced over. Absolutely painful loss.

12. tangofoxwhiskey

Dec 8, 2015
    I saw that article. Hopefully, we got more of those special players. That 2005 squad was loaded with studs and on a mission to win Jerome Bettis a ring. Team leaders included Bettis, Ward, Farrior, Porter, and Aaron Smith. They also had Antwaan Randle El, who always seemed to score TDs when we needed them, whether by catching, throwing, or returning them. AB and Bell are two of the best, but without Ben Roethlisberger I don't know if we'd even make it to the playoffs.