1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Former Redskins Fan deciding to make the Steelers my #1 team

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Heart Steeler, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Heart Steeler

Heart Steeler New Member

Apr 29, 2017
    Hey everyone! I'm a former Redskins fan who is fed up with the team and choosing a new team to support. I've been a die-hard Redskins fan since I was 11 in 2004 and have gone to more games than I can count, but recent events have pushed me past a tipping point. The Skins fired their GM Scot McLoughan back in February. This is a guy who has proven time and time again he has a knack for talent, since he put together the 49ers teams that Jim Harbaugh inherited, along with the Seahawks team that won a Super Bowl. Since he got to Washington, the Redskins have had 2 straight winning seasons for the first time since Joe Gibbs.

Allegedly they fired him because he relapsed on alcoholism. But McLoughan denies it, and it's obvious to anyone who follows the team that Bruce Allen (who was our GM from 2010-2013 and somehow was not fired) got jealous and a power struggle ensued. Scot even told some of the media back in 2016 that he felt like there was some jealousy and to watch the Redskins fire him for "alcoholism." If Scot is such a deadbeat alcoholic, then why were teams soliciting him for his draft advice recently? And why aren't any players, even anonymously, saying anything but positive things about him and expressing doubt in the Redskins story?

Dysfunction has been the Redskins mode of operations since Snyder bought the team and I thought they finally changed when they brought in Scot McLoughan. Nope. Oh yeah and we're going to let our franchise QB Kirk Cousins become a free agent next year with our only viable alternatives being Colt McCoy (yes, that Browns Colt McCoy) and late-round 2016 pick Nate Sudfeld.

Anyway /rant. Time to find a new team. We've given up our Skins season tickets. The Steelers have always been my #2 and I've casually followed them going back to 2004 when 1-1 turned into 15-1 and a championship game, which then propelled them to the SB the next year. So hey everyone! I should mention I also HATE the Ravens. Ravens fans are obnoxious and despite living close to Baltimore, and seeing M&T Bank Stadium 4-5 times a week (the shelter I volunteer at is literally 2 streets from the stadium), I despise this team.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Welcome to Steeler Nation! The Rooneys alone make this Team worth following! Steelers3.jpg

3. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    B.T.W....We despise the ravens also!

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Better late than never. We'll adopt you. LOL! Welcome.

5. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Welcome to the nation, Bro!!!:yeehaw:

You sound like you follow football pretty in-depth...

You will find plenty of fans among our members like you, that you can have some good serious conversations with, nit-picking a lot of details...

And then you will find some crazy, die hard fans of the Steelers, that don`t get into all the statistics, and all of that, following every team in the league, just focused on OUR team, because we have loved them since before you were born...(Like Me),:herewego:

And everything in between...

95% of us will talk to you at the same level you talk to us.

Bring reasonable debate, you will get the same in return..

Insult us, and most of us will ignore you...

(I will retaliate... LOL:goofy::club:)...

I`m in that 4% that doesn`t get banned, because I am respectful, when I disagree, but, I know when I really don`t have the smarts to argue on the facts that the rest of the board does...

They will have my back, when I`m right, and will crucify me, when I`m wrong...:aikido:

As it should be...:herewego!:

Anyone steps out of line here, our Boss gets them out quick, so you should feel comfortable talking football with some old-school fans, who will know what yer talking about..:stogie:

And you have the #1 priority right... You hate the Cravens...:ratssuck:

So you should fit right in...

Nice to meetchya!:hi:

GO STEELERS!:steelflag:

6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Despising the Ravens is a prerequisite for becoming a Steelers fan, so that's one obstacle down. ;)

Welcome aboard. Not to besmirch the Redskins, as they have a rich history, but I can understand where you're coming from. And our history is richer. :D

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  8. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Welcome aboard. It's tough when you want to be a fan to your hometown team but, ownership ruins it for you. Don't feel you've jumped ship either. It was the right thing to do. Glad you are apart of Steeler Nation.

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    It said in your post, you hate and despise the ratbirds. And hate was in all caps...... I'm liking this guy already :steelflag:

Welcome aboard!!!!

10. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Welcome brother! The Ravens hate is a must but a deep down hate of Dallas is also an unspoken need so I'm sure you check that box too![​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    As a former longtime Maple Leafs fan, I feel for you. Ever since Harold Ballard took over in the 80's, they became the polar opposite of the Steelers, ie: poorly run, all about revenue, and never (until recently) interested in winning as long as they were making money. I gave up on them as I got tired of supporting a team who gave me nothing in return. The Steelers on the other hand, are a proud, well run organization that is all about winning and deserves my support. Welcome to Steeler Nation!

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  13. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    IMG_0439.PNG said in your post, you hate and despise the ratbirds. ?... I'm liking this guy already :steelflag:

I like Heart Steeler decision making. Trend here of poor ownership turning off fans.

Now the Ratbirds.....they starts with Ra........I used to hate another team that started with Ra......
    So I think I do this thing, too.