1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hines tried to "end people's careers" says this rival

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Mar 21, 2012.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Chris Crocker of the Bengals had some unflattering things to say about Ward. I think he's jealous of the fact that Ward would have been a better safety than he is. At least Ward hits harder. I think it's an absolutely unfair thing for him to say that Ward tried to end people's careers. All of Ward's spectacular blocks were in the strike zone, the torso/chest area. Not in the head and most definitely not in the knees. I'm sure Ward could have ended your mediocre career anytime time he chose, Crocker, by taking your knee out. Crocker, in a word, you're an IDIOT! But what should I expect coming from a Bungle who has a team full of convicts around him!
    :bsux: :smashbungles: :bungles: :bungalssuck:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cinc ... ent-032112

2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I saw this... made me chuckle... moved on.

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  4. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I had never even heard of this nobody until reading this crap on profootballtalk this morning...

5. romeo863603

romeo863603 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Lmao nice :thumbs_up:

6. COSteeler

COSteeler Member

Jan 4, 2012
    That video needs to be posted in Crocker's article. Would show the whinners that Ward was just a hard-nosed player who played every play at 100%. I can't stand defenders who complain about people on the other side of the ball who are too mean or too "dirty". The fact is the Steelers have had two players recently who hit harder than the vast majority of NFL players. Hines and Harrison. Both get the undeserved rep for being dirty because often the players they hit don't get up right away.

7. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

That was outstanding. Thanks for posting.

Crocker? :bs:

8. So Cal Steeler

So Cal Steeler Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  9. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Must be that lady named Betty who bakes all those cakes :hehehe:

10. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Wait... a player from another team... a division rival... with almost zero success in the last 20 years... whines about one of the best blocking/hitting WRs in the game? GET OUT!!

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    who would care to quote anything that chris cocker said anyway...no story here

12. steeltx06

steeltx06 Active Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Yea, whos crocker?

13. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Learn at an early stage when you start playing the game,
    your head should be on a swivel. Enough said.

15. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's just amazing how the nfl has turned out.Defensive players complaining about receivers hitting too hard,they want no injuries,and now fines for bounties from defensives that no one was afraid of.The commish has too much power and the head of the players union is non existing now.

16. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That's because the NFL is being sued out the ass right now by umpteen previous players and their relatives. If the league and the commish don't publicly demonstrate they're doing everything in their power to try and minimize injury there will be no more football before long. It's as simple as that. So... it's either we get used to this watered down version of the game or give it up all together.

17. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I love to hear football players complain that some guys hit too hard. I love to see Hines jack somebody up even more than I like to see silverback do it. I mean how many OFFENSIVE players are known for their hitting?! And just to show that I am a fair man I was at the 09 Vikes/Steelers game when Adrian Peterson PLOWED Willy Gay and that is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I was 26 rows from the field and you could hear that hit all over that stadium. If Hines wanted to "end people's careers" then why did he lay out Ed Reed and then WHILE THE PLAY WAS STILL GOING call for the docs to get out there ASAP? Bungles need to shut up. LONG LIVE HINES WARD!

18. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This ratbird fan is a perfect example of the True Believer.

==== Hines Ward discussion always gets a chuckle from me.

If he were a Raven, many fans wouldn't ***** and moan about the way he played.
    ---End Quote---
    He couldn't be a Raven. RAVENS play hard, hit hard and PLAY CLEAN! RAVENS don't find ways to cheap shot other players to try and put them out the game or end their careers; RAVENS lay guys out by being more physical, more aggressive and more DOMINANT than the competition! Was Hines a physical WR that could block with the BEST of them? Yes, but he was dirty. I'd rather have Anquan or a REAL gritty WR like Derrick Mason ANY DAY!

19. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Gotta love raven fans. Their team isnt dirty? What about the bounty they admitted they had on Mendenhall and Ward? Or what about ray lewis blatant helmet to helmet hit on Ward last season. Or what about when Heath Miller almost got killed by that helmet to helmet hit as he was falling to the ground with the ball nowhere near him. Screw the ravens fans. If former players and coaches praise and love Hines for the way he plays rhe game then thats all that matters. Only people who hate the Steelers think Ward is dirty.

20. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It is almost embarrassing to read what that guy had to say. The noble Ravens rise above it all. Good lord.