1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2017 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by blountforcetrauma, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I would think we go Dline here. Maybe TE. Any seam TE's left?

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The reason I mentioned those guys is because Fitchner sent out that tweet talking about how smart and how much character that Dobbs had. It's true that he has those things but there are also other guys that have that thing but it doesn't make them great qb's. Landry Jones also won games for the Steelers. I just don't see Dobbs as the answer and if he is being drafted as such then I think that sucks. If he's being drafted to be groomed as a backup or a stop gap then I'm fine with it. I do think he will be better than Landry though. Although so is Tebow. Well...maybe not... maybe. LOL! None of us really know what the Steelers plan to do with Dobbs and are just hoping he can be coached up. How has that worked out for Landry and wasn't that the same thing we said about him and weren't his college numbers were record breaking?

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Ahhhhh Sweed.... LOL!

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Chad Kelly did

5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You mean stupid like the majority of your posts :dancing:

6. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    He's a 4th round pick, not the 10th overall pick.

He's being drafted because he has the potential to be the long term answer... but if he's not, no big loss (4th round).

I didn't like the Landry pick (no stand out trait, drafted to be a backup). Dobbs has multiple standout traits to build on.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm guessing we go qb to try and draft Josh Dobbs' replacement. LOL! I couldn't help myself. I really wouldn't mind a TE though. I doubt we ever find another Heath regardless of round however.

8. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah I wasn't a fan of Mendy but thought the Sweed pick made up for it. Haha boy was I wrong.

9. Rick Williams

Rick Williams Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2017
    a RB who fumbled under pressure and a receiver who couldn't catch. I think that might actually be the worst draft ever.

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    not any I can think of off top of my head. Not a fan of Hodges, did he already go?

11. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    No I do not mean informative like the majority of my posts, I mean stupid... as in using "he never beat Alabama" as a knock against a player. Or downgrading a big win against a top 20 ranked program, while being spied all game by a 1st round LBer, taking away the run element of your game, and instead winning said game from the pocket against a secondary that had multiple guys drafted this weekend.

That's the kind of stupid I mean.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think they spent a 4th on a QB to be a back up. And when I said he will win games, I meant he'll be better than a .500 QB, much better. My only gripe is he needs to put muscle on the frame but Im sure they'll get him into the weight room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    What this draft kinda tells me is that the front office feels good about Green's recovery and James' progress.
    TE did not seem to be a priority for them.

I'm also thinking they are just being cagey about Golson. Maybe he's coming along a lot better than they are letting on?

14. Rick Williams

Rick Williams Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Why not a fan of Hodges? I have no clue either way but just would like to know.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Why would they try to replace the future franchise QB???

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It's honestly just weird though that a guy with Landry's numbers would be drafted to be a backup and a guy with Dobbs' numbers would be drafted to be a starter. I totally agree that Landry was drafted to be a backup though and I was honestly way more down on the Rainey and Archer picks than I was the Landry one. It's just that such a high premium is put on stats these days and specifically when talking about qb's. But do you think Dobbs is picked to be "groomed" or are you considering him a project player? If he's a project player then I'm really fine with it. Even if he's a solid backup I'm totally fine with it because we really need that with Ben's track record and especially at this stage in his career. I am on record as being sick of the project players for a while though.

17. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    I don't really get hung up on QB numbers in college.

Mahomes is more of a project than Dobbs

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Informative only to yourself, Mister know it all. I have been a Steelrs fan for over 40 years, I don't give a damn about what you have to say.

19. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I love the QB pick. High IQ is a big plus. Could turn out to be Peyton Manning lite.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    They spent a pick like that on Landry though. I agree that he needs to beef up though. Right now he looks like Burfict would snap him in half.

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I don't think he's a natural hands catcher

22. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I see what BFT was saying: Landry also came in with questionable accuracy and our coaching staff haven't been able to fix him. I don't know if his problems are decision-based or mechanical though.

23. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Elijah Qualls would be a great pick here

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    any chance of qualls? big dt Washington. I know nothing about him other than bama had a hard time blocking him

25. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Landry has a standout trait -9 yards rushing in All his regular season games.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1