1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2017 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by blountforcetrauma, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    So naturally Dobbs won't succeed. Top notch rationale there bud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    So what, you obviously didn't watch Florida play they won the SEC East with 4 losses and got smoked by Bama in the SECCG.

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If they were looking for Ben's successor I would've preferred someone like Davis Webb who the Giants drafted.

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    From the little I've seen on Dobbs, I do like his personality. That can be a major factor when leading a team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Good stuff, Turtle, thanks.

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    there goes my project CB in Hairston....to the colts

8. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Yea, I'm the one who doesn't watch college all :rolleyes:

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    If he's like Dak I could live with that. Although Dak's sample size in the pros is still pretty sparse. My thing is this. Can Dobbs stand in the pocket and not be a run first qb? I think in our division especially if he does that then he is in for a short career. I just don't want to see another qb going the way of RG3 and especially when he plays for us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I am fine with this draft. I would have preferred a few different players...but the positions are all pretty much what everyone thought.

I like Watt....but I would have taken Foster
    Juju is a solid WR...I just don't think he is ever Boldin.....but even if he is...it won't be soon enough to help the 2017 Steelers
    Sutton....I had a lot of those middle CB's ranked about the same..so not a big deal here
    Connor...Sure maybe early,but I am big on go get your guy. If you think Connor is the guy..you take him and make sure he is playing for you
    Dobbs... I bet he plays better than Jones in the preseason...and we all are wondering why Jones is still #2

The rest of the way...doesnt really matter....if anyone from here out comes in and contributes it will be a plus and a surprise.

I like Ricky Seals Jones..I think he is a poor mans Kelvin Benjamin...might have to make the move to TE...but could be a WR/TE hybrid...but we are almost drafting for the practice squad at this point.

I have said it for awhile...I think Bens replacement is still in High School. There is not 1 guy in this draft that I think would be anywhere near Bens level.....we may have other QBs start...but the next "THE MAN" isn't here yet.

HACK

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It sure seems like it, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I never said that he won't succeed. I just said that "brains" and "character" are not all that it takes because if that were the case then Fitz and Tebow would be champions by now. Instead, one is a free agent and one is a minor league met. I want Dobbs to succeed but to say that he's the future of the Steelers with a straight face is pure hipster contrarianism and nothing more. Did you keep up with his career a lot when he was here? Even Mayock seemed perplexed by it and I'm no fan of Mayock but if his accuracy can be fixed and he can translate to the pros then I will be the first one in line to buy his jersey. His claim to fame here in Knoxville is that he made a Hail Mary throw. That's the memorable "Josh Dobbs moment" in his UT career. A lucky throw. I know they were talking about him having come from behind wins but we also lost a lot of close games too. His last year at UT was good though and his numbers did continue to increase. I'm just saying that I don't think he's the next Ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dan51790

Dan51790 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2017
    I'd like to see Carroll Phillips in the 5th. Still thin at OLB and Harrison has a year or two left. We're gonna need a backup ROLB when Harrison retires.

14. STEELER_VOL1321

STEELER_VOL1321 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2017
    This is a dumb statement. There is a ton of Qb's, teams, and coaches that has never beat Alabama.

15. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Ouch...and so it begins lol

16. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Yea, I don't know that Florida played Man 1 Spy all day isolating Jarrad Davis against Dobbs all day.

Please.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You asked if anyone thought he was the next franchise, I said who can you ever say that about?

Did you ever think that maybe he's better than Fitz and Tebow? (you're better than Tebow).

I just think its ridiculous to list a couple of guys that failed as if it has any relation to how Dobbs will perform.

I'll tell you this, he'll win games for the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rick Williams

Rick Williams Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Any thoughts on Bucky Hodges?

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah because he's not a Dobbs fan at all and he was like "I just figured I'd call and laugh at you" and "well you guys have a good qb now..." and I was like "Yeah I know we have a good qb. His name is Ben Roethlisberger". LOL!

20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    ok 5 more picks, who we thinking?

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Stop acting like fans can't question the pick of Dobbs and his accuracy problems, when Mike Mayock mentioned his accuracy problems also.

22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Brian Allen CB, probably a TE or ILB

• Like Like x 1
  23. Rick Williams

Rick Williams Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Actually if fans did not question picks, this would be an awfully quiet forum. I remember loving the '08 draft - shows what I know.

24. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Fans can do whatever they want. That doesn't change the fact that your lazy alabama/Florida angle isn't anything but stupid

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I remember that draft Mendenhall and Sweed.