1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2nd round - WR pick?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Apr 28, 2017.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Must not have much confidence that Bryant can stay on the field.

Thoughts?

Not really a need for this team IMO.

2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Would You? Look at what we have behind brown. We seen what happens. 3 people covering brown.

3. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised. Even though I had seen several mocks with us taking a WR in round 1 or 2, I just didn't think it was a big need. Hopefully he's a baller.

Martavis tweeted out that he's a replacement for Coates, not him. I hope he was just having some fun with a teammate.

4. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope so. If not, he hasn't learned a thing lol

5. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I was going to post the same thing. Bryant can't keep his mouth shut

6. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I like the pick /Bolden II

7. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Our depth chart is kind of ridiculous right now. Brown, Bryant, Rogers, JuJu, Coates, Hunter, Dhb, and Hamilton. Oh I forgot about Ayers also.

8. William Larson

William Larson Member

Apr 17, 2017
    This pick is junk! We should have taken Colorado CB, Witherspoon....6'3" with speed...but hay, maybe Bill Gay can cover Jon Ross... Colbert watch the ravens draft!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    He won't tackle. They said teams tried to find him to run at him

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    What they should have done is trade up for once and get the corner they needed in the first or second round. Instead they saw the guy they liked go three picks ahead of them in the first, then the Awuzie kid from Colorado two spots ahead of them in the second.

What is the plan here? Hope somebody else takes out the Patriots? Because it is not happening with this secondary, even if Watt does boost the pass rush.

11. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I do like that he's very young. He's only 20. Won't be 21 until late November. He could have a nice long career.

12. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    So the Steelers left roughly 17-21 points on the field with straight drops by WRs in the AFC championship game. Davis, Burns, and Hargrove are going to be even better next year and hopefully Heyward is there. Throw in TJ Watt and we have a decent group up front. Sensabaugh could have a bounce back year and be decent in the slot and who knows there are going to be cuts also. I personally don't think our defense is nearly as far off as some people act.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    It's a terrible pick. Colbert just refuses to have a complete draft. We keep throwing away high picks on garbage like Jarvis Jones, Senquez Golson, Dri Archer, etc. or taking guys we don't need. Maybe Juju is a player but WR there is just awful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Dunno. He deleted the tweet quickly.

15. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe because it sounded like it was written by someone stoned out of their minds. Or is it mines? Or mine? Who the hell knows (or noes) anymore? Gotta love that kollage educkation.

16. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I just saw we took a WR and thought what are they thinking. If one thing we don't need is more wide receivers. We need CB's and we haven't taken any that I've seen yet. I tried coming up with why we'd take a receiver and all I can think of is what you said about Bryant. Not unless they saw a can't miss receiver, which I don't. Makes no sense.

17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Ben with Tomlin: We have Antonio and who? Maybe not a pick that lends to excitement but where is the consistency after Brown? Notice has been served. The whole Bryant thing is unstable. Ben wants more weapons and he is the main cog in the wheel period.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Unfortunately I think we are just look at what Brady did to our D in the AFC Championship game. We have to beat them most likely in the playoffs unless someone else does before us. Never mind they've added a lot of good players to an already SB winning team.

19. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    The JuJu pick tells me a couple of things:

1. Lynn Swann's fingerprints are all over this pick.

2. Martavis Bryant may not see the start of the season in a Steelers uniform.

I didnt properly look into JuJu's tape since I never thought we'd go WR in round 2. Will have to go back. Obviously he has some size, decent speed and looks to be a red zone threat.

Nothing against Juju but I can't say I was very happy with the pick.

20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I can only think of one time where the Steelers traded up and that was for Troy. Truly a very gifted player. The Steelers just don't trade up or even down for that matter unless they see a unique talent. I'm happy that they do it that way but this pick has me baffled. I think Lynn Swann and Troy Polamalu should pick him up at the airport and drive him to the Stadium and explain it's not sunny Southern Cal but do great things in not so ideal conditions and the fan base will love you forever.

21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Look at what our offense did in that same game with AB bracketed, and James as our #2 receiving threat. The lack of viable receivers was a big factor in how close the Chiefs game was and how bad the AFCCG turned out.

22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    who gives a ****. good offense helps defense. our offense needs to be what everyone thinks it should be

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thank you. Short term memory around here.

And Bryant is going no where, whether he was joking or not, its true, Sammie is the one on notice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The AFCCG was a loss due to the fact the D can't stop the one team they MUST beat every year to get to a SB. To this point taking a WR short of Randy F n Moss is not the answer! Is JuJu really going to do more than AB, Bryant, Coates, Eli, Ayers, and Hamilton? What, one catch a game? When your D needs DBs to cover WRs and you send out the same guys in 2017 a year older ( Mitchell hello) to try to do what they couldn't last year is foolish. Yes Cam will be back, and Watt may help, but no more Timmons, little depth for injuries, and still many secondary issues, but go ahead and take a WR cause competition is good for the team. That 2 targets per game for JuJu will offset the 36 completions we give up each week, and 5678 completions when we play Brady!

25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Bryant is only conditionally reinstated and Coates completely disappeared after week 3. Not addressing wr could have been a catastrophic mistake. Wr was very much a need.