1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 predictions

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Dan51790, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Dan51790

Dan51790 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2017
    2. Josh Jones S N.C. State
    3a. Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson
    3b. Jake Butt TE Michigan

This would be a perfect way to fill our needs. Hopefully the board keeps falling right for us.

With round 1 and T.J. Watt in the bag who do you want on day 2?

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Obi but he won't be there so Desmond King or Josh Jones

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dan51790

Apr 27, 2017
    Yeah that would be a dream come true to get Obi in the 2nd. If he keeps slipping I'd consider a trade for him. Maybe even giving up one of our 3rd round picks to move up. Still can get a CB like Shaq Griffin with our comp 3rd rounder.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Marcus Williams Safety
    Desmond King.S/CB
    Tarrel Bashom DE

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  5. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I don't think Josh Jones makes it to 62

6. Dan51790

Apr 27, 2017

There's still a good amount of safety talent left. There's a chance he could fall if the other teams don't see him as there guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but every day 2 mock draft out today has the Steelers picking Deshon Kizer in the second.

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The only bubbles being burst will be those of the mockers. It's unlikely that we will select a "QB of the future" that we didn't even meet with. Now, if Davis Webb is available when we pick in the 2nd, I think there is genuine interest on our part as evidenced by a reported private visit and (per Walter Football) a workout. My guess is that - IF we take a QB on day 2 - it will be Dobbs in the 3rd. Also, I have a feeling that Arizona will take Kizer with their 2nd rounder. They visited with him a few times and had a private workout with him.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This x100. I'll bet money they won't take Keizer. These "experts" are funny.

10. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Lots of defensive talent left. Somebody we want will be there. Baker/Jones/Obi? Tankersley/K King/D King. Raekwon McMillan... pretty good list of guys.

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Lance Zierlein and Bucky Brooks are the most comical though. :lolol:

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    On topic though, if Obi or Josh is on the board, please pick one or the other.

Should be a huge run on offensive lineman though in the early mid rounds due to lack of depth in addition to teams "reaching" for their future hopefuls.

13. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I like that on nfl.com the player comparison for Josh Jones is Mike Mitchell.

14. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Some predictions for Day 2 (not all Steeler related):

1. Tanoh Kpassagnon is off the board by the time our 2nd round pick comes up. From what I've gathered, at least 10 teams have met with him 2 or more times, including Carolina who has a need at Edge and met with him at his pro day, private visit and a workout.

2. Obi goes to Seattle at pick #34

3. 4 corners and 3 safeties come off the board before our pick #62

4. Zach Cunningham is available to us at #62. We pass, and NY STEELERFAN cries into his beer for the remainder of the evening.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Browns still need a QB and they pick at 52 today, the jets pick at 39 most likely they take kizer or webb, probably kizer but I would take webb over him, the cards pick at 45 so 3 teams ahead of us who need a QB, so we will probably go DB in the second and 3rd round today, the steelers are not desperate for any QB this year if they take one it will be in round 3 or 4 and it will be webb most likely unless the 3 teams I mentioned draft him today, so most likely both will be gone when we pick in round 2....

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Colbert said that even though they took a OLB in round 1, that wouldn't stop them from taking another OLB in round 2.
    Obi
    Josh Jones
    Lawson
    Rivers
    Marcus Williams
    Awuzie
    Shaq Griffin

17. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Assuming guys like Obi, King and Budda are long gone...

Some guys I will be looking at in Round 2, in no particular order:

Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama
    Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn
    Derek Rivers, OLB, Youngstown St
    Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan
    Tanoah Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova
    Josh Jones, S, NC State
    Marcus Williams, S, Utah
    Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M
    Desmond King, S/CB, Iowa
    Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
    Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
    Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
    Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland

Now I know it's unlikely we go OLB in Round 2 given the Watt pick, but, if they like the value of one of the edge rushers at #62 and think that Watt could be more of an ILB/Rover it's not unthinkable. But definitely unlikely.

DE is not a need but I know they have alot of interest in Wormley. Tanoah has alot of skill too. Be nice to see them as options but doubt they take either.

I think a S or CB is the most likely choice. Alot of people here like Josh Jones. Him and Evans play a similar game. Both are kind of SS types. I'd like to go the FS route a bit more so I prefer King or Williams.

Some may disagree but if Sidney Jones falls to #62 I take him all day long. I am big Tankersley fan, I think he should be there at #62.

A part of me really wants Shaheen but he may go before #62 as the Top 3 TEs went off the board in Round 1.

18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    We pick at 62-94-105 today, assuming we dont trade one of our 3s to move up in round 2 there is still a lot of defensive and offensive talent to choose from today, we could see a BPA on offense like a running back or TE or even a WR we cant pass on, still defensive needs should trump offense until rounds 4 thru 7....

19. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Is Kevin King gone?? Any chance of him being there at 62?

20. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Highly unlikely. But one could hope.

21. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Per NFL.com, these players are listed in the top 73 remaining players. We'll get a few ballers today.

CB's-
    Sidney Jones
    Chidobe Awuzi
    Kevin King
    Rasul Douglas
    Fabien Moreiu
    Teez Tabor
    Akhello Witherspoon
    Cordrea Tankersley
    Jordan Lewis
    Cameron Sutton
    Damonte Kazee
    Shaq Griffin

Safeties-
    Buddha Baker
    Josh Jones
    Marcus Maye
    Justin Evans
    Obi Melanfonwu
    Marcus Williams
    John Johnson
    Desmond King
    Tedric Thompson

TEs-
    Gerald Everett
    Adam Shaheen
    Jake Butt
    Bucky Hodges

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If we can land Marcus Maye, Buddha Baker, or Obi Melanfonwu I would be ecstatic!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    My dream pick this round is Budda Baker, but I can't imagine him making it even halfway to our 2nd rounder today. Same thing for Obi who I like ever so slightly less than Baker. Like NB, I'd take Jones in a heartbeat at #62 - but we don't have access to his medical records, so that's a big piece of missing info for us amateurs.

I like Maye as a FS. I like Williams as well, but my recollection from watching games a few weeks back was that he missed quite a few tackles he should have made. I like Quincy Wilson if he falls to us (not likely). I really like Jourdan Lewis. I recognize we took him in the 3rd in our MB mock, but he won't make it there. He's too good of a slot guy in man coverage and a good tackler for a corner. Obviously lots of DB talent available right now, but most or all of these guys will be gone by #62. I think Jones is better than 50/50 to be there, and I'd be good with the pick.

On the non-DB front, I'm interested in what the OSU followers think about Raekwon McMillan. I only watched a couple of his games, but thought he looked like a decent value guy at #62. I still really like Kpassagnon at #62. His raw capability and upside are huge.

24. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I will say this and this may shock some of you, if Cunningham is there I don't want him. I feel with 2 of these 3 picks we need a CB(Moreau is my pick) but would like King-Jones- Awuzie-Tankersly and a S(Jones is my pick) but would like Obi-Williams-King.

I think our other pick is going to be a QB or TE but we shall see..........

25. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    McMillan is a very good consistent player. He's not a twitchy athlete and isn't going to blow you away athletically, but he knows his angles, is quick to diagnose plays and is a sure tackler. He has the ability to turn and run with backs and TEs down the seam or on a wheel route, but is limited in space and is going to struggle with guys that aren't running straight line routes.

I've seen comparisons to Daryl Smith of the Ravens/Jags if that helps you out any. He can be a 3 down linebacker but he's no Shazier. I think he'd be a good fit though. He should go anywhere from late 2 to late 3 imo. Would like to have him.