1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WHIFF!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    They have signed two oline players tackle and guard in FA and can draft more in the 2-3-4-5 rounds of the draft, they are locked in on obi IMO....

The Seahawks made their second addition to the offensive line in free agency, signing guard Oday Aboushi.

The Seahawks signed Luke Joeckel, the former No. 2 overall pick in the 2013 draft who Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said could be an option at left tackle or left guard.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

That may be true on the signings, but I personally do not believe Luke Joeckel is the solution at left tackle. A guard possibly considering they may have Germain Ifed kick outside to his tackle spot. Other than that, he could be a swing tackle.

In any case, should Ryan Ramcyzk, Garrett Bolles or even Cam Robinson falls that far to them, I would expect Seattle to nab them given their far higher ceiling and potential; pairing anyone of them up with Ifedi being ideal.

3. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok, Thank You.

So, Ben signed a four year contract two years ago...

Before Brock got signed, then traded, essentially for a 2nd round pick next year, before QB`s salaries went off the charts...
    I`m thinking Mike Glennon, etc...

Jay Cutler, etc...

What did Josh McCown get paid, or any other second string tier qb get paid???

I think Ben has made more than enough, especially with all the guarnteed money... to give the Steelers a deal,
    if they approach him with another "re-structure",deal, and tell him who they want to put around him...

That he could save them more than 1.15 million in cap space from 4 years ago.

I think the cap went up quite a bit from 2015 to 2017...

I could be wrong... I don`t like thinking about what these guys get paid...
    But when other team`s fans say Brady took a pay cut, to get better players around him, I think Ben did the same...

And he sure could afford to again...

I guess I`m wrong about what he "sacrificed"...I thought he saved us more than that...

But, I know if I was him, and I looked at some other contracts, like Flacco`s, Bree`s, and a LOT of whole less talented gb`s, ...

That go to teams who are starved for a good QB...

I would be resentful, outta pride...

That I should be paid more than them... Not that I need the money...

But that I am waaaayyy better than them...

Then I would remember who I play for, and my odds of getting to the SB are,....

And I would say, "O.K. $31 million signing bonus is pretty good, on top of what I`ve already earned...

How can I help our team win #7?!?:cool::herewego!:

4. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    {Bleedsteel}I think Ben has made more than enough, especially with all the guarnteed money... to give the Steelers a deal,
    if they approach him with another "re-structure",deal, and tell him who they want to put around him...

It's a risky deal to hand over millions in cash to a QB who is talking about retiring and end up with a lot of dead money if he does retire a year after they fork over the cash....

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No way will they approach him to restructure ...I am not so sure he will play this year he for sure won't play more than 1 ...It is not just smoke the per Steelers Depot KC and Mike T always draft a guy they have went to their pro days..On that list 2 QB'S ,I don't think the Team knows he is coming back this year...Here is the article.http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/03/want-know-steelers-first-round-pick-travel-tomlin-colbert/

6. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011

PWP, I usually respect your opinion, and knowledge as a coach, but...

Are you frieking kidding me?!?:shrug:...

You really think Ben is gonna give up the chance to win a superbowl this year, and maybe next year?!?:hmm:

He has already said his biggest goal is to win more SuperBowls, than Terry, (or at least tie him)...

And I do understand, he is feeling the effects of all the years he has played.
    And he has the "family thing" going on..

But, really....

With the supporting cast he has around him right now, do you really believe he would be content to walk away, without giving it a shot???

I just can`t buy that...

2 seasons from now, win, lose or draw, yeah, I could see him walking away...

Even next year, IF he wins the big one, MAYBE...

But not to even try to win it this year???

He`s just too much of a competitor, for me to believe that his words were anything but a "fair warning" to his bosses, that they are gonna have to replace him soon...

He ain`t Brady, that said to his owner, "I`m gonna play for another 6 or 7 years"...

I think Ben is just letting the Rooney`s know, "I`m getting older... I got a family now... Yer gonna have to start thinking about getting a replacement for me..."...

Period.

He WILL be our QB next season, and possibly next, even if we do win the Lombardi!:cool::yeehaw:

7. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Heyward is the most likely one to restructure his 59.2 million contract because he isn't a FA until 2021, besides they like getting those millions up front....

8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

He is out hunting with Jim Kelly learning the life of being retired...I really don't think his heart is in it anymore ...I think he will play this season so he don't have to give all that money back ...I don't expect him to have a good year because I think he might have already hit the physical wall and now the mental wall is approaching quickly ....

If he really knew he wanted to play this year he would have told the Team so IMO ...

9. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    BWB...(BenWillBeback!)...

My son in law was just over here tonight, worried about Ben not playing this year...

I will tell this board the same thing I told him...

"Don`t Worry about it!!!".

He is NOT gonna retire this offseason.

PERIOD.

He MIGHT be gone after the season, and PROBABLY after the season after, but as of now, he WILL be the starting QB of the PITTSBURGH STEELERS, in 2017!:cool:

I don`t see any way in hell, that he will end his career, with that debacle in Foxboro being the last game of his career.

I could be wrong. I don`t talk to him personally, but, I just can`t believe he would end his career on that note.

I`m not sure where all this madness came about, from one quote on a radio show, shortly after last season ended.

Plenty of fans have accused him of being a "drama queen", and this might be an example of that, or he might have just been frustrated at the time, and speaking "unfiltered"...
    One thing I will never accuse him of, is reading press releases made up by his agents...(other than when he was dealing with an unfair suspension, based on unproven accusations...)

He usually just answers "off the cuff', or refuses to answer, when he knows what he wants to say, would be percieved badly...

He`s a damn good qb... not a politician.

It is April...

If he isn`t around, when veterans show up at "voluntary" offseason workouts in a few months, THEN, i, might be concerned...

In the meantime, I consider it "message delivered", nuthing more to it, than that.

My son in law asked, "Then why hasn`t he committed to the team yet, then?"..

Fair question.

I don`t know. Who`s to say he hasn`t, and it`s just not in the media?

Has he been asked the question again, since his initial, non-commital response?

I have heard the media ask Tomlin and Colbert what they plan to do, in the event Ben doesn`t return, and they have given predictable answers, along the lines of "We always plan for that contingencey..."...

They don`t seem to concerned about it being a realistic possibility THIS year...

Neither do I.

I`ve been shocked before, and if I am wrong, I will eat my heaping plate of crow here...

But as of now, I GUARN-DAMN-TEE Ben will play QB for us in 2017!!!:clapping::rawk::herewego!: