1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB Selection in '17

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by turtle, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Miami QB Brad Kaaya

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pitt QB Nathan Peterman

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Cal QB Davis Webb

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. Tenn QB Josh Dobbs

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Other, please specify

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Steelers taking some interest in QBs at pro days/combine/etc. Who do you think they take and in what round?

I don't want them to take a QB this year, but the tea leaves are saying something different. I'll go with Davis Webb. I like the size and arm strength plus he can learn his fundamentals for a year. I say he is taken in the third round.

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Webb Round 2........

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I'll play, Mahomes the Steelers love the arm. We go downfield.

4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    @Blast Furnace I am guessing what the Steelers do not what I want. I see the Steelers have interest in him and I just have a feeling he will be the pick in the 2nd.jmo

5. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Kaaya only with one of our third round picks...

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Where's the NONE option?;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ill be shocked. They might use one of their 3rd rd picks but more likely, wont see them grab a QB before the 4th.

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    IDK if I will be shocked I kinda have a feeling something is gonna happen. I am not sure what the deal is with Ben, is he serious about retirement or is this the perfect time to try and squeeze the Steelers for an extention? I have heard guys on the radio talk about this and all the options, imo Ben is a gamer and he has 3 years left at least.

However if Ben is serious a 2nd round QB wouldn't surprise me at all...............

9. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Mitch Trubisky---- rd 1....

If he is there at 30 I believe Colbert--- ( who was at his proday) will pull the trigger

Cajun

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    From what I have heard, next year will be a better crop of QB's.

They have Ben for this year (most likely the next season, too) I think they'll wait until next draft.

Maybe they take a flyer on a Dobbs type in the 3rd or 4th but no higher than that.

11. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I have no idea who they will take, but I honestly think we are targeting that extra 3rd round pick as a way to pick up a QB.

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I dont see them drafting a QB early in this draft, but if Webb is on the board in round 3 they will draft him, in my opinion......

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This. If Davis Webb is still on the board... he will be picked by us.

Otherwise turtle, 2018 it is for Ben's successor.

14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes someone brought that up here next years class is gonna be pretty stacked. I am hoping we don't draft one here early but like I said I have a feeling. They are putting a lot of time into the QB's this year and it makes me think one is coming off the board to us early, jmo. Hope my gut is wrong.

If we do draft a guy some of the experts are saying Evans from Virgina tech would be a nice fit. I personally like Wes Lunt from Ill. I think he is a low rish high reward type of player and he might not even cost us a pick.

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Evans Another RG 3 with happy feet!!!!

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Maybe IDK just saying what I have heard people talk about, like I said before I am on the Wes Lunt bandwagon. Guy will come either late or a FA and if he don't pan out we lose nothing cause Ben will be here this year and the draft class is loaded next year.

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    a lot may depend on who the coaching staff is. if ben goes and haley moves on too we may want a different qb by then. now if we are just changing or teaching the guy mechanics the first year we may take one but him having to learn one system and then change it year two and also mechanics, well thats a lot to throw at a guy. dobbs is said to be quite smart though.:cool:

18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Extension? I feel he is serious about retiring. Maybe not this year but. The Steelers brass has been heating up looking at potential suitors for the QB position. Life after Ben. It's coming. I have been on the bandwagon to seriously look at his heir apparent this year. They are not looking to draft a camp arm or another back up. They have one of those.

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Hey the "so called" experts were talking about it. They said this is a way an older player get more money.....I am just passing on what was talked about.

20. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I could see Dobbs in the 4th this year. See how he comes along for a year. If Ben retires and Dobbs is still a question mark, then draft a QB higher and have Dobbs behind him. We need a better back up anyway.

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Let me clarify, I wasn't throwing shade at you NY. Sorry if it seemed that way. Best all get used to the end of the Big Ben era. Hopefully he comes back this year and rides off with the 7th Lombardi and a Super Bowl MVP. Which in reality he should have one of those MFP's already...

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Oh ok cool man, yeah for sure we have to get ready for it cause it is coming. I think we all(most of us) thought there was no way we would hear this talk right now. I can tell you from my stand point that Ben is a gamer and from what I saw the end was pretty far away. This has taken me so far back it isn't even funny. :eek:

JMO, I think there is something going on with Haley and/or Tomlin. Since day one Ben and Haley have had problems, and just like anything else winning hides them. I feel this is more about the teams direction, the play calling and the results on the field more than Ben health. This is strictly my opinion:shrug:

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would love Trubiskey , but I feel his hometown team Browns will take him
    at 12. I also like Deshaun Watson. But feel Jets or Bills or Bears, Skins take him.
    I love Trubiskey accuracy, I think he would fit in nicely on our roster.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

and that may be part of it NY. add that too the fact the guys ben won a SB with are gone. his good buddies have been replaced with young guys that seem like kids to ben. that makes a huge difference. heath was huge in this. the locker room has changed. these are not guys ben probably hangs with like he did with the old bunch. add his maturity and family life and it's all different for him. he's got nothing really left to prove either. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    The Browns passed on Clay Matthews which was really stupid... They passed on Hinkley, Ohio's Connor Cook, They will NOT pass on the boy from Mentor Ohio this year.